British Speedway Forum
CardinalSin

Ipswich Vs Somerset Thursday 5th June 7.30pm Plkoc

I think Somerset should call it off after all we can only have a NL guest fir Adam - need to be fair to the fans!!

What a load of old tosh!! If he's called it off the fans getting value for money wouldn't have been the first thing that went through his mind don't kid yourself.

As for "Well done Rob, what a pity other clubs don't give their fans the same consideration", as you've posted that on the Ipswich Vs Somerset thread, surely you're not implying that the Ipswich promotion should have postponed this meeting because Somerset were turning up without one of their riders??

I am making the assumption that it was known that Pontus would be absent at least a couple of weeks before the fixture. I also assume that yourself and other fans would find it more entertaining, and prefer to see, Ipswich riders beating a Somerset heat leader rather than a conference league rider. I also assume that it would not be against the realms of possibility that the fixture could not have been swapped with one of the many remaining fixtures, and another date arranged with Somerset. My last assumption is that many of the dates of these riders absences are known well in advance, but it seems that the only time a fixture is rearranged is when there is a rain off and clubs cannot be bothered to try and produce a full team to entertain both the home and the away fans.

I think Somerset should call it off after all we can only have a NL guest fir Adam - need to be fair to the fans!!

You have Vissing as a GUEST for Worrall who should score more than he did on his last visit. Therefore the outcome of this KOC round could depend on who had the best guest in the two legs, Ipswich with Vissing or Somerset with Morley.

I am making the assumption that it was known that Pontus would be absent at least a couple of weeks before the fixture. I also assume that yourself and other fans would find it more entertaining, and prefer to see, Ipswich riders beating a Somerset heat leader rather than a conference league rider. I also assume that it would not be against the realms of possibility that the fixture could not have been swapped with one of the many remaining fixtures, and another date arranged with Somerset. My last assumption is that many of the dates of these riders absences are known well in advance, but it seems that the only time a fixture is rearranged is when there is a rain off and clubs cannot be bothered to try and produce a full team to entertain both the home and the away fans.

You have Vissing as a GUEST for Worrall who should score more than he did on his last visit. Therefore the outcome of this KOC round could depend on who had the best guest in the two legs, Ipswich with Vissing or Somerset with Morley.

It was a joke!!

Re fixture changes the Witches have this week blank and it seems no other team was willing/able to bring their visit forward for that so no doubt the same for the week before.

The selected date was always the reserved slot for the cup round so the possible clash wouldve been known before the start of the season.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

<snip>

You can't compare those, because the regulations allow a facility for Ipswich, but did not for Somerset - quite simple really ...

Also, given that Ipswich ride on Thursdays and Aspgren races in Sweden on Thursdays, there can't have been many options - with Morris potentially missing because of his place at Swindon.

You can't compare those, because the regulations allow a facility for Ipswich, but did not for Somerset - quite simple really ...

Also, given that Ipswich ride on Thursdays and Aspgren races in Sweden on Thursdays, there can't have been many options - with Morris potentially missing because of his place at Swindon.

Do Ipswich not have an alternative race night, most clubs do? Morris rode for Somerset because the Swindon match that night was a rearranged match, but if Morris had to ride for Swindon Somerset could have had a decent guest, whereas only a conference rider available to replace Pontus.

Do Ipswich not have an alternative race night, most clubs do? Morris rode for Somerset because the Swindon match that night was a rearranged match, but if Morris had to ride for Swindon Somerset could have had a decent guest, whereas only a conference rider available to replace Pontus.

If Pontus rides for Sweden on Thursdays, he will be missing on July 24th when Somerset visit again and presumably a conference rider again in his place. Also on the 24th July Nick Morris will be riding for Swindon against Birmingham. So Ipswich fans will be deprived of seeing two of Somerset's top riders.

If Pontus rides for Sweden on Thursdays, he will be missing on July 24th when Somerset visit again and presumably a conference rider again in his place. Also on the 24th July Nick Morris will be riding for Swindon against Birmingham. So Ipswich fans will be deprived of seeing two of Somerset's top riders.

Whenever Ipswich run on an off night, it hits the attendance quite badly here unless it's a Saturday. The other week we rode Redcar at Foxhall on the Wednesday and the attendance was really poor.

Yes a visiting team missing one or two key riders may affect the attendance too, but probably not as much IMO.

We're missing Worrall and Ellis on Friday, couldn't the Somerset promotion have re-arranged this to another day so we could have our full line up?

The truth is, this season has been a farce in BOTH leagues with riders missing here there and everywhere.

It must be nigh on impossible to try and arrange a fixture list to enable all meeting to go ahead without missing riders.

Just got to put up with it I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Witches off nights are for racing fellow Thursday night tracks. They are very limited on the number of fixtures and when they can race because of the rules governing use of the stadium.

Crying about Aspgren's absence is pointless considering the abject performance of the other six. You need to focus in your own team's failings rather than try to deflect somewhere else.

Edited by Had Enough
  • Like 2