British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Rye House V Somerset 7th June

Wish i hadn't bothered coming back from Bournemouth today. Embarrassing

unfortunately you seem to have this post stuck on copy and paste function at present.

..and for good reason.

Shame that the cast offs from last year have taken the opportunity to rub the managements nose in it.

Well , Ritchie Hawkins definitely didn't let you down from a heat leader position !

• Like 3

It's like when frank Sinatra did his last concerts - the guy had been a legend but you could nt wait for it too end. Time for Len to put a proper team together or go. Hate to say it as I've been going since 1974. It's back to the Ronnie Russell days or worse.

• Like 3

Well , Ritchie Hawkins definitely didn't let you down from a heat leader position !

Probably our most consistent rider tonight added to his tremendous efforts last week

It's like when frank Sinatra did his last concerts - the guy had been a legend but you could nt wait for it too end. Time for Len to put a proper team together or go. Hate to say it as I've been going since 1974. It's back to the Ronnie Russell days or worse.

I was hoping that this would be my first season of being an ever present at home meetings. I'm not so sure now.

Words can't describe my feelings after watching that. Silver needs to come out and apologise to the supporters, but I won't be holding my breath.

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Ritchie is enjoying his speedway again and I think being made captain of the Witches has also had a positive impact on him. Long may it continue.

At least we know that Ben Morley isnt ready for PL yet

What changes would you like to see made to the team Shadders?

Without knowing who's available and what the budget is it's hard to say. Most Rye fans know that there's only one rider who's team place is in danger, but he was twiddling his thumbs 320 miles away in the rain soaked borders and can't be blamed for that shambles tonight

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

The days of league champions have long since gone, Len has got to stop doing things on the cheap. It's a insult to the people who turn up every week to watch this crap.

I hope Len reads the comments on hear, He slated Shadders a year or so ago for speaking his mind, but the truth is people will stop going if this is what's going to be served up week on week. As much as I love speedway I will not be back at Rye any time soon. Either pack it in or find some one who wants to take the club on!

• Like 1

Not sour grapes as the extra five points from the two ridiculous tactical rides flattered Rye but how on earth can you take a match seriously when the home side contains three guests

Completely outclassed tonight,not really a surprise, i can just about bother to make a couple of points

Congratulations to Richie Hawkins who despite being hounded out of Rye by disgruntled supporters returned and rode very well and actually seemed pleased to be riding well for us, FairPlay to the boy.

I hope that everyone who continually call for Ben Morley to be included in the Rye team will now realise how far away from the required standard he is, its one thing to do ok in the NL and against mainly NL riders in the EL and another to ride at reserve in the PL.

The three ex Rockets (not including Robbo) in the Somerset side all had decent nights. Rarely did Oliver ride that well for us last year, Pontus came good after a dodgy start and how impressive has Paul Starke been this year.

If i had a choice my first person out of the door would be Sampford and his stopwatch. The most inept Team Manager i have seen, just a fan who must wake up every morning in heaven, well John time to go. Let's get an ex rider in who have some sort of motivation for a bunch of no confidence riders all the way from one to seven

• Like 2

Great win again for the Rebels . :D Looking really good. Awesome all round team performance and Starke getting first max. Another excellent meeting for Somerset and well done to Charles Wright who has been so consistent since moving up to no2 and still rattling in the points. Well done Charles. :t:

• Like 1

The poor viewing is the main reason for me cutting down at rye this season, and it's not len's fault. After losing my regular spot in the middle of turns 3 and 4 because of the air fence, I have tended to migrate down to Eastbourne more on a Saturday evening. Not that the racing at Arlington is any better than rye, I'm just not happy with the enforced changes at the launch pad.

New member to the forum but I just have to have my say about the state of matters at Rye House . I have been a regular supporter at Rye since the early seventies when I was a small child . I've seen the good and the bad at Rye and never been as low on interest as at the present time . Lens killing the place , everything from food , team strength ( riders that should never have been asked back ), presentation , is wrong .I won't be back this season until changes are made , but that won't happen , not his way , so i fear my days of Rye are coming to a sad end. I fear for Rye and you will see the crowds dip to a couple of hundred soon i reckon, but he don't seem to care , anyway my rant over , goodbye from me Len.

• Like 2