British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Rye House V Somerset 7th June

eastbourne, lakeside, kent and rye are the four tracks I visit the most. The crowds are down at all of these venues, some drastically. Personally I don't think speedway can be saved in this country at its present level. Years of neglect and taking its punters for mugs have taken its toll. In my eyes we have already reached the point of no return.

I fear you are correct. :cry:

• Like 1

decent equipment for Boxall (was always going to do well until bike issues arose, I understand he blagged it last season) and perhaps one other.

Your bikes are only as good as the effort you put in maintaining them. This is Steve Boxall. You remember the old saying about leopards and spots? Edited by Shadders

It's always been the old pals act as far as riders are concerned to uncle Len. This goes as far back as his early promoting days at hackney. He has made a career out of being too loyal to under achieving riders, and is far too old to change his ways now!

Maybe city rebel but that sadly does nt mean we have to be. As I said above I have been going to hackney since 74 and rye not much later and this is the most I have been disillusioned which bearing in mind some of the other rubbish to which we have been subject says something. Poorly prepared gutless spineless and completely out ridden.

Time for a change or two, Bowen or Boxall or even both, forget using Morley again as he's clearly nowhere near ready.... Maybe Dakota North and Dan Halsey?

Halsey rides for Eastbourne on Saturdays and he's never going to do any better than Morley.

• Like 2

a sense of perspective is needed here i think. after 30 odd years of watching and following motorcycle road racing and its descent into a boring 2 wheeled F1 i discovered speedway at rye house in 2006 and have only missed a few meeting since. i think we should be thankful that mr.silver and his team run rye house within a budget and we have speedway to watch at a friendly club every week! moaning, insults and voting with your feet will not help. please remember that most of the riders are not highly paid pro's and some have day jobs. i have been riding motorcycles on and off road for 37 years and there is no way i could do what these lads do or i suspect could the moaners on this forum. speedway is the purest form of motorcycle racing, it is not football!!! in bike racing if it can go wrong it will go wrong so i think everyone should just enjoy the meetings win or lose and admire the skill and bravery of all the riders.

• Like 2

Your bikes are only as good as the effort you put in maintaining them. This is Steve Boxall. You remember the old saying about leopards and spots?

I was originally going to have a go at you Shadders, but alas I concede you are some what right (but not totally) with the above comment.

Steve's equipment is near to the best that money can buy. It's been some of the decisions made recently (which I wont elaborate on here as it not my place to do so) and some maintenance issues that hopefully have now been put right and Steve should be back to scoring the points he should be scoring and is certainly capable of scoring.

As Steve gets paid per point, believe me it is not in his interests to be scoring so low as he has done so in recent weeks.

Again, hopefully some of the "issues" have now been put to bed and he can move on.

Up the Rockets!!

p.s. Some of the exhausts sound different due to a number of factors including different front pipes (lengths/curves) and makes of silencers (i.e King/DEP/Prodrive) The DEP's sound really different to the King and Prodrive.

Edited by robolots
  • Like 2

I was originally going to have a go at you Shadders, but alas I concede you are some what right (but not totally) with the above comment.

Steve's equipment is near to the best that money can buy. It's been some of the decisions made recently (which I wont elaborate on here as it not my place to do so) and some maintenance issues that hopefully have now been put right and Steve should be back to scoring the points he should be scoring and is certainly capable of scoring.

As Steve gets paid per point, believe me it is not in his interests to be scoring so low as he has done so in recent weeks.

Again, hopefully some of the "issues" have now been put to bed and he can move on.

Up the Rockets!!

p.s. Some of the exhausts sound different due to a number of factors including different front pipes (lengths/curves) and makes of silencers (i.e King/DEP/Prodrive) The DEP's sound really different to the King and Prodrive.

I appreciate your comments. It's not often we hear anything from the "horses mouth", relying on Chinese whispers that can often be way off the mark. You can imaging the mumblings on the terraces with Steve's previous mechanical problems. Even you have to admit he's not been exactly diligent in maintaining his machinery in the past. Hopefully he can sort whatever problems are plaguing him and get back to scoring big points. Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

I can appreciate that Steve in the past has probably deserved some of the reputation he may have had.

All I can reiterate is that he has invested in some top top machinery and wants to do well. There was some (quite frankly stupid) clutch issues which were certainly avoidable, but they happened, hopefully they have taken the advice on board and will move on.

As for other things, I really can't say on here (at the moment), but like I said before, it's being sorted.

If he doesn't proceed/put things right, he will only have himself to blame, but I do believe he will be ok.

There is never a more true saying than "fail to prepare, prepare to fail" and "bullsh*t baffles brains" or in my case bullsh*t baffles me lol

Edited by robolots
  • Like 2