British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Sheffield (sf-1st Leg Lc) 6/6/14 @ 7.30pm

This week we entertain the Tigers but this time it's the ones from Sheffield. Both teams will be using R/R for one of their heat leaders. Edinburgh will be using it for Fricke who is on Aussie under 21 duty and his rides can be taken by everyone apart from Craig Cook. Mean while Proctor will be missing for the visitors as he is riding for his elite league side wolves his rides can be taken by anyone in the Sheffield side. Aaron Fox is still missing with injury and his place will be taken by a NL rider.

Expect the monarchs to win by at least 20 points.

Teams for friday:

Edinburgh

1. Craig Cook
  2. Max Fricke R/R
  3. Justin Sedgmen
  4. Derek Sneddon
  5. Sam Masters
  6. NL guest
  7. Steve Worrall

Sheffield

1. Simon Stead
  2. Ty Proctor R/R
  3. Andre Compton
  4. Taylor Poole
  5. Leigh Lanham
  6. Simon Nielsen
  7. Josh Bates

Cant see this fixture taking place as we have still to race Berwick at home in the 2nd leg !!!!!!!!!

Cant see this fixture taking place as we have still to race Berwick at home in the 2nd leg !!!!!!!!!

How many times lol . Easy home win with only Simon Stead offering any resistance

Do try to keep up Charlieboy :lol:

Do try to keep up Charlieboy :lol:

Sorry.Long time since ive seen any speedway due to the rain think ive lost the plot. :shock:

Who will be Max Clegg

Probably Max Clegg will be.

• Like 2

Probably Max Clegg will be.

Max was withdrawn from Leicesters meeting last night, but nothing has been said about tonight.

Also reported on our Facebook that Ryan McDonald replaces josh bates, who aggravated a back injury last night.

• Like 1

EDINBURGH 'Scotwaste' MONARCHS...63

1. Craig Cook 3,3,3,3,2¹ = 14+1

2. Max Fricke R/R

3. Justin Sedgman 2¹,2¹,3,3,2¹,3 = 15+3

4. Derek Sneddon © 3,Ret,2¹,1,0 = 6+1

5. Sam Masters 2¹,3,2¹,1,2¹ = 10+3

6. Max Clegg (G) 1,0,0 = 1

7. Steve Worrall 3,3,2¹,3,3,3 = 17+1

SHEFFIELD 'Window Centre' TIGERS...28

1. Simon Stead 1,4,1,3,Ret,1 = 10

2. Ty Proctor R/R

3. Andre Compton 1,FX,2,2,1 = 6

4. Taylor Poole F,F,1¹,0,1¹ = 2+2

5. Leigh Lanham 1,1,1,2¹,1,0 = 6+1

6. Simon Nielsen 2,0,0,0,2 = 4

7. Ryan McDonald (G) 0,0,0 = 0

Big nights for Stevie Worrall and Justin Sedgman, probably hi best match for edinburgh.

Edited by Dekker

My ramblings from the Smug Chatzone.....

Well a narrow victory for the Mighty Monarchs to keep some interest in the second leg!!

Sheffield looked woefully weak beforehand - when half their team look older than me, you know you are going to win wink.gif - and so it proved although there was a few decent races to keep it interesting. Sheffield had only one heat winner - a 5-1 over Masters who still struggles at times at the Dale despite his great effort, their only other points came at the expense of Max Clegg who did well as a NL guest and against an up and down Derek Sneddon.

For Monarchs, Cookie had to work hard in heat 10 when he gated like a novice before reeling in Compton. r/r was excellent, dropped only 2 points. Justin was superb, had to pass a few times and worked hard for a fine paid 18 max. Derek had another frustrating evening looking like a heat leader then a novice in successive races! I don't agree with the updates on heat 5 - Derek was never getting round bends 3/4, was going far too fast, plus he should know that Mr Stead taught Nermark how to do lockers!!

Sam was only beaten once, but I felt a reserve change should have been made in heat 11, there again, we were a million points up at that stage. He still looks ill at ease at times but what a trier. Max Clegg only scored 1 but looked tidy, not far off Neilson in ht 2 and always on the pace, well done. Stevie was superb once again, very steady and fast, great max!.

For the "bad as the other Tigers" - Stead continues to ride in the same manner, flat out hanging off the bike but a fraction away from disaster. Much better suited to big tracks. r/r scored 3 pd 4, I think Proctor would have scored double that. Andre had one good race to lead Cookie but poor otherwise. Poole had 2 falls a submission but no knock-out!

Lanham - close a few times to the Monarchs but only decent point was beating Sam in 11. Neilson beat Clegg and Sneddon but that was it. Ryan McDonald tried his best but off the pace. He has a neat style, looks comfortable, hopefully chances like this will help him learn, all he needs is more speed.

I was amazed that Sheffield kept their 2nd t/r for Compton in ht 12 - Lanham in ht 11 with Stead alongside looked a far better bet. So Monarchs go marching on with more than 1 foot in the LC final - there a fair bit of smug in Smugsville tonight smile.gif

Brilliant performance from the monarchs! I would say that 28 flattered Sheffield, it's a shame that it effectively makes the 2nd leg a dead rubber. If you make a semi you deserve a decent crowd, I was intending to go but will keep my powder dry for the final now.

Amazed that Sheffield did not use the tr in ht11, I know we would have put Stevie in but still looked the best shout to me by far.

Sedgmen was excellent especially against stead on a tr, brilliant to see him get a 6 ride paid maximum especially after missing out last week. Nice touch by cookie to let him through to win ht15.