British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Sheffield (sf-1st Leg Lc) 6/6/14 @ 7.30pm

Brilliant performance from the monarchs! I would say that 28 flattered Sheffield, it's a shame that it effectively makes the 2nd leg a dead rubber.

Monarchs thought that last time after a Cup Match which they hit 60 and lost return by more at Sheffield.

I thought Deek was a bit unlucky last night, he looked like he knew what line he was taking and showed more conviction than he has recently. Simon Stead caused his fall by pulling a big lock, and was lucky to stay on the bike when Nielsen gave him a good clout going into turn 3 in heat 14. Also he gated really well, just needs to figure out how to hold on to/build on that speed!

I was quite disappointed by Stead to be honest, seemed only able to ride one line, which wasn't really working for him. Would expect a man of his experience to change it up once or twice!

Still only half time, but from what we saw last night we should be in the final! As I said in the thread about the semi-final draw, would love us vs Worky in the final.

Edited by DaleDiver

My ramblings from the Smug Chatzone.....

Davy your post on the shatzone is acceptable in smugness some of your fellow Monarch's please take note this is the standard of smug you need to reach you really need to work hard in order to reach the level of smugness Davy has reached :approve: .

• Like 3

Monarchs thought that last time after a Cup Match which they hit 60 and lost return by more at Sheffield.

Don't worry that wont happen this time,i can see edinboro winning at owlerton too. We aren't strong enough at the moment .I fear the size of the crowd if we get hammered with scunny on Thursday then the clash with the England game.!!!!!!!!!!

well last night was easy to say the least! :approve:

Sedgmen rode very well along with cook and worrall who all deserved their maximums. Sam was solid, an young clegg deserved more than his 1 point just needs to learn to gate. Getting a bit worried about deek though seems to be going backwards at the minute. has one good ride then can't even get past taylor poole who looked like he was rding a push bike last night.

Tie is effectively done so lets ride sensibly in the second leg and pick up no injuries.

Edited by Mr Blobby

well last night was easy to say the least! :approve:

Sedgmen rode very well along with cook and worrall who all deserved their maximums. Sam was solid, an young clegg deserved more than his 1 point just needs to learn to gate. Getting a bit worried about deek though seems to be going backwards at the minute. has one good ride then can't even get past taylor poole who looked like he was rding a push bike last night.

Tie is effectively done so lets ride sensibly in the second leg and pick up no injuries.

In all seriousness, we all know Deek will be the reserve berth come the business part of the season and will score a ton of points.

If you're a formidable septet now, it's unbearable to think what you'll be like then.

In all seriousness, we all know Deek will be the reserve berth come the business part of the season and will score a ton of points.

If you're a formidable septet now, it's unbearable to think what you'll be like then.

Can't get any more unbearable than it is now or can it .

• Like 3