British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Wolves 6th June 2014

Gonna be a big miss esp with the form he is in. Hope Horton books Rory Schlien fast before Aces do

I suspect Schlein will be on one side and Danny King on the other.

• Like 2

Right - opinions of a neutral.

Presentation - much slicker and more professional that the debacle I witnessed when Lakeside were there.

Quality of racing - 'kin hell - tonight was an utter borefest if I'm brutally honest.

For the first seven heats, I don't think that I saw a decent race/pass. Please believe me folks, I'm not digging out Brandon as it's now where I am spending most of my time. But that track tonight, as a RACING circuit, was an utter joke.

Fair play, with Colin Pratt back giving his input, things can only get better. However, even with the likes of Wuffy and Pawlicki, it was clearly evident that there were only two racing lines - both inside. Anyone that ventured into the outer racing lines ended up flat on their arse. I think the point was proven by the likes of Thorsell (no disrespect) who's not even a Wolves heat leader, but managed to win his first two races with consummate ease due to the fact he got flyers out the traps.

Highlight of the evening for me was seeing Fish going out in a blaze of glory by literally walking his last race for Cov (in 2014 anyway). Best of luck mate - despite the barracking you've received from some on here, you've always given 100% in my book - including your guest appearances for The Hammers.

Pawlicki - what were you thinking in Heat 15? Fair play to Bomber for taking it on the chin but that move made novices in the National League look good.

Rider of the night - Hansen. A guy that realises that races aren't won by throttle alone. An absolute pleasure to watch and a riding style so reminiscent of one of your fellow countrymen, and an all-time hero of mine, Bo Petersen.

Sorry but for a local derby, and despite the excellent crowd (GREAT to see) the atmosphere was pretty pants.

And just a word of advice for your track-guys.......there really isn't a lot of point waving your red flag when the riders have passed you by 20+ yards! ;)

• Like 1

Voice of reason : you must have been at a very different meeting to the rest of us.

I thought the racing was close and there was alot of passing with different riders winning.

One of the best meetings I have seen in a while

Wow, great meeting. Sunshine, large crowd, great track, lots of overtaking, Harris and Hansen at their battling best.

The buzz is back at Brandon... (I can hardly believe I'm saying this!)

Lots of overtaking??????

My word. After the 2nd turn, the only time there was a pass was when in Heat 9 and when Proctor passed Lambert in Heat 14.. which if he hadn't have done he should have retired.

It was race after race of processional racing only kept interesting by the score.

Just seen another post saying 'Great meeting'.

Seriously, speedway has fallen a long, long way if this is described as great. I've even checked updates to make sure I was at the same meeting.. and yep its the same on there.. after turn 2 there was nothing bar in heats 9 and 14.

Edited to add.. I forgot the amazing race when Ashley Morris was in 2nd place ahead of Howarth all the way to entering turn 3 lap 1. Was 10 yards behind after turn 3 mind you.

Voice of reason : you must have been at a very different meeting to the rest of us.

I thought the racing was close and there was alot of passing with different riders winning.

:rofl:

Please let me know where all this passing was.

'Different riders' winning is no argument for a great meeting..

Right - opinions of a neutral.

Presentation - much slicker and more professional that the debacle I witnessed when Lakeside were there.

Quality of racing - 'kin hell - tonight was an utter borefest if I'm brutally honest.

For the first seven heats, I don't think that I saw a decent race/pass. Please believe me folks, I'm not digging out Brandon as it's now where I am spending most of my time. But that track tonight, as a RACING circuit, was an utter joke.

Fair play, with Colin Pratt back giving his input, things can only get better. However, even with the likes of Wuffy and Pawlicki, it was clearly evident that there were only two racing lines - both inside. Anyone that ventured into the outer racing lines ended up flat on their arse. I think the point was proven by the likes of Thorsell (no disrespect) who's not even a Wolves heat leader, but managed to win his first two races with consummate ease due to the fact he got flyers out the traps.

Ah, finally someone was at the same meeting as me!

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 4

Bit like your trolling post.

Something is still not right with WOFFY i agree. There isn't anything `fishy` going on tho.

If 'fishy' = average dropping then it's plainly nonsense. The only change that'd be worth making on that basis would be Fred for Proctor :rofl:

I can't help going back to the early season Sky match. When asked what was wrong with Tai, Adams said 'engines'. 5 minutes later they asked Tai himself pointing out what Adams had said 'not engines' was the reply. Until we're told otherwise the 'best equipment isn't in GB' line would appear to be the most likely explanation.

What concerns me is we were all delighted when Ty signed for Sheffield, myself included. Whatever benefits we were expecting haven't materialised, his scores for them are worse than for us. It was asking a lot to expect the 8+ rider to return this season even without the injury.

Fair enough, Bwitcher and Voice of Reason. I agree the track can still and should get much, much better in terms of racing lines and especially the outside overtaking that we love to see, but at least it was an improvement. Hansen's heat 3 outside pass and his first bend over Woffy later on spring to mind, as do some of Lambert's tussles. Hansen's comments on Facebook suggest that Colin Pratt is getting the track right. After the interval watering, it seemed to give a better outside line although both Howarth and Hansen came unstuck on the 3rd/4th bend at different times.

And yes, compared to meetings I've seen at Poole, Birmingham and Wolves as examples this year, riders were quickly string out and there were precious little options once a rider like Thorsell gated, and this left class riders like Woffinden and Andersen looking almost impotent once they were behind, and even the fast and spectacular Pawlicki struggling to make an impact.

Still, onwards and upwards. I'm usually the first to criticise the Brandon circuit as dull but to say it was a borefest last night I think sells Colin Pratt's work short. I left feeling I'd been entertained, for a change.

• Like 1

Any chance of a change of race night at Brandon? It was another miserable Friday night of travel from Wolverhampton with the M6 at it's glorious worst.

I don't have a problem with you but it just seems like if you are not calling me KKS then it is something else.

Something else???

I`m just commenting on posts that are inflammatory.

But if you start a topic or comment on a topic accusing clubs or riders of `being fishy` then you are likely to court controversy.

I suspect you are trying to make something out of nothing.

Heat leaders let us down last night Pawlicki a off night Woffy been hit and miss all season and its costing us big time forget the play offs.

i didn't see much passing Kenneth to me was the man of the match its funny how every one has different views except for when Lambert was out the race was over by the 1@2nd bend
  • Like 1

Kyle Howarth

11 hours ago

broken wrist or Scaphoid

Wish him a speedy recovery, any idea the time scale he would be out for ?

Wonder if Fish could cover him ??

Surely average wise that's not possible?

Surely average wise that's not possible?

Its not possible if the team total with MJJ is now over 32 points for the 1-5!!!!

Its not possible if the team total with MJJ is now over 32 points for the 1-5!!!!

Maybe Mick should give Matt a ring for a few tips on how to get round it..:D

• Like 5