British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Berwick Pl Sunday 8th June 2014 At 6.30pm

Starting this thread with little information re the Diamonds team, hopefully Lewis Rose will be back after injury. Not so sure about Schrammbo? Though it will be interesting to see how our two Chris's go in our reserve berths. They are both so experienced and hopefully they can do the "beeswax" in heat two. So we need the line ups for both teams. Berwick are going well at the moment so we can expect another close match, looking forward to it

Presumably a guest for Danny King as he's on his way to Germany for a GP qualifier on Monday. Take your pick George.

Presumably a guest for Danny King as he's on his way to Germany for a GP qualifier on Monday. Take your pick George.

Craig Cook

Starting this thread with little information re the Diamonds team, hopefully Lewis Rose will be back after injury. Not so sure about Schrammbo? Though it will be interesting to see how our two Chris's go in our reserve berths. They are both so experienced and hopefully they can do the "beeswax" in heat two. So we need the line ups for both teams. Berwick are going well at the moment so we can expect another close match, looking forward to it

Berwick 1. Vissing 2 Jensen 3 Doolan 4 Wethers 5 Bellego 6 Carr 7 Kus (via Berwick ENewsletter)

Side issue. Glasgow have taken Christian Henry back as a replacement for Lemo.. All Newcastle fans will wish Christian well. He did nothing wrong I am sure leading up to Newcastle dropping him and Anton to bring Danny in.

Yes a guest for Danny, will it be my favourite PL rider the cookie monster? Cook is the leagues best rider fingers crossed he will be the guest.

Side issue. Glasgow have taken Christian Henry back as a replacement for Lemo.. All Newcastle fans will wish Christian well. He did nothing wrong I am sure leading up to Newcastle dropping him and Anton to bring Danny in.

Yes a guest for Danny, will it be my favourite PL rider the cookie monster? Cook is the leagues best rider fingers crossed he will be the guest.

I've already answered that question above!! :P

I believe Rose had a practice on Wednesday and appeared to come through it OK judging by pics on Twitter and probably included in the match tonight against Brummies?. No Mills I believe after he suffered concussion on Sunday and probably no Schramm and a pick of the crop for King as he has highest PL average I believe. Only other match on Sunday is James Grieves Testimonial, so step forward Craig Cook or Richard Lawson???

I believe Berwick are considering changes according to the Berwick 2014 thread, not sure if it will be in time for Sunday.

Could be a close one this one but hoping we can get back to winning ways.

I believe Rose had a practice on Wednesday and appeared to come through it OK judging by pics on Twitter and probably included in the match tonight against Brummies?. No Mills I believe after he suffered concussion on Sunday and probably no Schramm and a pick of the crop for King as he has highest PL average I believe. Only other match on Sunday is James Grieves Testimonial, so step forward Craig Cook or Richard Lawson???

I believe Berwick are considering changes according to the Berwick 2014 thread, not sure if it will be in time for Sunday.

Could be a close one this one but hoping we can get back to winning ways.

As I've already pointed out above, Craig Cook guests at No.1 for Diamonds on Sunday.

There doesn't appear to be any talk of change on the Berwick 2014 thread, but I'm sure talk of any change is pure speculation.

I hope that the Meeting can go ahead. The Weather Forecast doesn't look great. :sad: :sad:

After last week effort was confident of a win aginst Berwick although are a form team away right now. However with Mills missing and even Greenwood who looked like a good guest option also injured we are back to square one just like the Bears meeting. Even worse Berwick bottom end arent normally any threat round Brough but now are probably a strength, just glad Rose is back and Cook is a brilliant guest choice . Just hope for more good news we need at least 1 good reserve guest but even that might be difficult.

• Like 1

As I've already pointed out above, Craig Cook guests at No.1 for Diamonds on Sunday.

There doesn't appear to be any talk of change on the Berwick 2014 thread, but I'm sure talk of any change is pure speculation.

have already told him to win all his races and get the track record,,, hope so :-)

• Like 1

If anyone is wanting accommodation for the Fri and Sat of the Cardiff GP weekend, due to a cancellation, I have 3 single rooms in the University Halls available for £25 per night, room only. It is only a short walk from the Castle area to the centre of Cardiff. Sorry but no tickets.

PM me if you want them.

Dave R

Berwick: Only team in PL with full league points from all matches, home and away -- and you think they are considering changes?

I think you should consider psychiatry.

Berwick: Only team in PL with full league points from all matches, home and away -- and you think they are considering changes?

I think you should consider psychiatry.

Just our luck, we face yet another team in the midst of a 'good run'. To be honest, having Rose back is an double edged sword. On the plus side we should score a few extra mid match points, but at the expense of Kerr's extra 3 point 'banker'.

Just our luck, we face yet another team in the midst of a 'good run'. To be honest, having Rose back is an double edged sword. On the plus side we should score a few extra mid match points, but at the expense of Kerr's extra 3 point 'banker'.

Rose back in this week and misses next week (home to Somerset).