British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Berwick Pl Sunday 8th June 2014 At 6.30pm

Actually thought it was a decent meeting. Good crowd, decent atmosphere and the racing was ok for me and keenly contested.

Ludde continues to struggle out of the starts, he was last out of the start in all four of his rides and really isn't giving himself a chance. Can't be faulted for effort but really needs to sort his starting out if he's going to get out of this dip in form. At the moment he's just giving ammunition for TWK and company to criticise him.

Lewis Kerr and Robbo were both superb again, good comeback from Lewis R and a good effort from Simon Nielsen who I thought rode well.

Word for Craig Cook who as expected scored heavily, but showed his class by slowing down to allow Lewis to get his max in heat 15. Don't necessarily expect that from a guest but it was a good touch and I'm sure he'll have gone up in the estimations of Diamonds fans as a result.

The Bandits are a solid side but just lacked a bit of power against the Diamonds top 3. Certainly no lack of effort from either side but a much needed and deserved win.

• Like 2

Bellego was useless, Carr not alot better. Vissing great effort and 100% as always, same from Weathers. Doolan not interested if he didnt gate, Jensen looked good when he worked the place out. Great night for Kus looked excellent, no idea why he didnt get ht 15. Poor meeting in general, the Berwick tracks gets some stick but seriously how boring is brough, 1 line, and ive been there a fee times this season and its been the same every time. Well done Newcastle though.

More than a few Diamonds fans are of the same opinion. I have to admit that the best bit of a Berwick trip was often the ' Anderson Burger' rather than the often processional 'racing'. Our track needs sorting before someone does even more damage to either themselves or their bank balance crashing out while trying to find an almost non existent second racing line.

IMHO we blew the chance of a point tonight , cant understand why KD was in ht 15 and the decision to take Liam out of ht 9 seems strange to

• Like 1

Actually thought it was a decent meeting. Good crowd, decent atmosphere and the racing was ok for me and keenly contested.

Ludde continues to struggle out of the starts, he was last out of the start in all four of his rides and really isn't giving himself a chance. Can't be faulted for effort but really needs to sort his starting out if he's going to get out of this dip in form. At the moment he's just giving ammunition for TWK and company to criticise him.

Lewis Kerr and Robbo were both superb again, good comeback from Lewis R and a good effort from Simon Nielsen who I thought rode well.

Word for Craig Cook who as expected scored heavily, but showed his class by slowing down to allow Lewis to get his max in heat 15. Don't necessarily expect that from a guest but it was a good touch and I'm sure he'll have gone up in the estimations of Diamonds fans as a result.

The Bandits are a solid side but just lacked a bit of power against the Diamonds top 3. Certainly no lack of effort from either side but a much needed and deserved win.

After the meeting Ludde went out on Robbo's bike and Robbo went out on Ludde's bike. Ludde flew out the traps and left Robbo in his wake twice. I believe they might now know what the problem is, so hopefully he will begin making starts,

• Like 2

Love your avatar DIAMONDS - makes me smile every time I see it

Robbo riding for your lot Monday night. Remember, we need him back in one unbroken piece after he scores you a few.

DId Berwick have a chance of an 8-1 in heat 11 with Jensen/Vissing(tactical ride)?

Jensen was a lot quicker than Vissing and Jensen couldn't slow down to let Vissing overtake due to the close proximity of Ludde.

• Like 5

After the meeting Ludde went out on Robbo's bike and Robbo went out on Ludde's bike. Ludde flew out the traps and left Robbo in his wake twice. I believe they might now know what the problem is, so hopefully he will begin making starts,

Yeah, the difference was noticeable but surely a chat in the pits re. set ups could have been done weeks ago if it was that simple. Time will tell if we get the real 'Lightning Ludo' back.

Jensen was a lot quicker than Vissing and Jensen couldn't slow down to let Vissing overtake due to the close proximity of Ludde.

Yeah, twigged that, but it did look so funny-maybe not to the Berwick fan who at home is bemused by the scorecard though.

Robbo riding for your lot Monday night. Remember, we need him back in one unbroken piece after he scores you a few.

No problem, Lakeside fans still love Robbo, we'll take good care of him. Saw Robbo at Rye yesterday & he was mega (especially T1&2, so much time to pick his lines) Also got a great reception from all the Rye fans

• Like 3

Why o Why Doolan in 15 and not Kus?

to be fair,,, Kus scored well, but,,, he could'nt mix it with better opposition,,, IMO, of course

had me glasses on again ???

thought we might've done the Monarchs last week,,, thought 'Cookster' would've went thru the card,,, and honestly thought that the 'Bandits', should'nt have and did'nt have the beating of Newcastle tonight,,, enjoyed some action tonight, but bit of a shame 'Lightning' might be in for some 'stick' from the The Witch Klan (TWK for short),,, but 'hey-ho' and away we go :-)

DId Berwick have a chance of an 8-1 in heat 11 with Jensen/Vissing(tactical ride)?

yip,,, derrrrr

You are dead right there. Poor again tonight in my opinion.

More than a few Diamonds fans are of the same opinion. I have to admit that the best bit of a Berwick trip was often the ' Anderson Burger' rather than the often processional 'racing'. Our track needs sorting before someone does even more damage to either themselves or their bank balance crashing out while trying to find an almost non existent second racing line.

What - you haven't tried there PIES - simply can't be beaten. :t::approve: :approve:

• Like 1

You are dead right there. Poor again tonight in my opinion.

What - you haven't tried there PIES - simply can't be beaten. :t::approve: :approve:

nearly totally agree with you there, but,,, am sure there will be a better pie somewhere,,, 2 pies, :-)

Edited by ruffdiamond

Have to question some of the Berwick Team Managers moves tonight and why Kus only got 5 rides!

• Like 2

Have to question some of the Berwick Team Managers moves tonight and why Kus only got 5 rides!

I would guess because when he came out against better Riders - he finished last. That would not encourage me, were I the Team Manager, to put him out in Heat 15.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1