British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trackman

Andrews V Trigg - Rosebank Auckland

From Bob Andrews via Steve the webmaster of the Cradley Heath site, Steve Magro. (;O)) and now Trackman!

Regards............

Hi Steve,

Yesterday me and Roy Trigg, had 2 match races at Rosebank Rd. Speedway Auckland. It was an attraction in between the under 21 N.Z. Champs. So we really stood out as oldies. But we did supprise some of the youngsters. I am now 68 and Roy is 61. We won one each, and it was only inches over the line. But we said lets make this the last time!! In your Cradley files you put winners of many Champs. But did you know I along with Ivan Mauger won the Worlds Best pairs in 1969. while I was still with the Heathens. Would be nice to see it on your list.

Best Regards Bob.( Sorry about the "Dons Breasdtplate" but they wouldn't let us both wear C.H.)

PS.

I can't get the.....

Attachment : MVC-007S.JPG (53 KB)

on this post....."Bugger"!!!

"Calling Lioness"!!!, you know me! always in need of "HELP" (;o)

Yes, I had an e-mail from Bob too about his two match races with Triggy. He reckons he won his by eight inches and Triggy won his by four inches, so therefore he was the winner!

(He was joking :) )

Edited by norbold

Yes, I had an e-mail from Bob too about his two match races with Triggy. He reckons he won his won by eight inches and Triggy won his by four inches, so therefore he was the winner!

(He was joking :) )

G/Day norbold ;O)

I wonder when the 3rd race will be?? it's a long 2 minutes. (:o))

Regards.

Triggy reckons people were surprised at the oldies performances, he said

"It was great getting back on the track again last week with Bob, I think we impressed a few people with our performance, half of the spectaters expected us to compete on zimmer frames! So when we both came out on 4 valve lay downs and then cranked them on a bit, we surprised everyone including ourselves!

Bob reckons the organisers didn't want him to wear the famous Cradley Heath race jacket, hence Bob Andrews in Wimbledon colours and Triggy wearing the green and white of the Heathens.

Edited by BrizHeathen

Great to see these Heathens heroes still going strong. Good old Triggy!!!!

Guest cheetahhawk
Great to see these Heathens heroes still going strong. Good old Triggy!!!!

I was about to say great to see these two old Hackney Hawks boys going so well.

When I first started to support Hackney ,Triggy was one of the top riders and Bob Andrews spent a year at the Wick in 1970 and I always enjoyed watching him ride.

There will be an article in the new speedway publication Backtrack magazine been launched today at Stoneleigh about these and there match races!! Will also be a picture of the two in their respective racejackets aswell if you haven't seen it,

cheers

andy

I had the pleasure of meeting both of these fine Gentlemen prior to the Sydney Grand Prix.

Bob Andrews has so much energy, he was running around trying to organise group photographs for me, and generally spoke so enthusiastically about his time in the saddle, hard to believe he's 68 years young now.

Roy Trigg actually visited Dudley Wood whilst on a visit to the UK last year, I think most of us know what his thoughts were after seeing what has happened there.

Two fine ambassadors who still love speedway.