British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spittalbandit

Glasgow V Berwick Mon 9th June

Judging by the the crowds they attract give them a set amount of money each and maybe the clubs losses on the day may not be as much as if they had raced.

Very true

Very true

Last nights fixture would have been a financial disaster for Glasgow if it had went ahead with the situation re-running the GP qualifier.

Last nights fixture would have been a financial disaster for Glasgow if it had went ahead with the situation re-running the GP qualifier.

Yeah between that and the general lack of enthusiasm surrounding a meaningless match , yeah you're probably right .

With the fixture backlog for Glasgow interesting comments on facebook from George Barclay saying double headers are a no go but riding a Sunday/Monday night will happen. Would have thought double headers would cost less than running on two seperate nights?

He also says if only they had floodlights. I thought Glasgow bought floodlights for when then wanted Friday night speedway?

As far as I am led to believe double headers are a financial nightmare another thing that concerns me is lack of home

meetings at ashfield i.e no revenue coming in the last sunday home meeting against Scu**horpe was called off about an hour before

wouldnt have bee very good for Glasgows bank account having to shell out travelling expenses for the riders back in the day when I got to know about these things I reckon it would have cost the promotion about £2000 give or take which they will have to find from somewhere

I suppose its a balancing act they have to figure out between double headers and back to back meetings Sunday/Monday.

For me its a no brainer, Sunday/Monday when you face a 60 mile round trip just to get there means you pick one or the other that week so its 2 less full price admissions for the club in our case. Double headers on the other hand the promotion have to give gate concessions to get people through the gate so you get less overall on average for everyone than if everyone attended Sunday/Monday (which they wont). So there is the balancing act - do you lose more money with double headers or more with back to back?