British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

King's Lynn Stars V Wolverhampton Wolves - Wed June 11

Think its fairly obvious Tai's good bikes are not in England.

That would appear to be the most plausible explanation.

So why is Adams allowing that situation to continue? That's the question.

I don't post that often by I am going to tonight

My 8 year old son asked Tai for his authograph in which he just ignored him I said to my son don't worry he wiil sign it latter for you, he then walked past again latter in which he shouted to him he looked over and said no not now and went and sat back in his chair this was way before the meeting started. May I say all the other riders came over when asked and signed and had a little chat which he was made up with, Tai was his fav rider but after tonight as you can understand he is not on his fav list now! Speedway riders are these kids Hero's it takes 2 seconds to sign a autographs so thanks to all the riders who signed his book. my son now thinks Tai would not sign his book as he supports the stars and not the wolves !!

Edited by lynnboy

My 8 year old son asked Tai for his authograph in which he just ignored him I said to my son don't worry he wiil sign it latter for you, he then walked past again latter in which he shouted to him he looked over and said no not now and went and sat back in his chair this was way before the meeting started. May I say all the other riders came over when asked and signed and had a little chat which he was made up with, Tai was his fav rider but after tonight as you can understand he is not on his fav list now! Speedway riders are these kids Hero's it takes 2 seconds to sign a autographs so thanks to all the riders who signed his book. my son now thinks Tai would not sign his book as he supports the stars and not the wolves !!

A regrettable symptom of what is happening on planet Tai at the moment.

Pretty sure there's others who will speak well of him though.

Edited by Wolfsbane

Shame but I guess he thinks he has outgrown his uk fans :(

May I say what a talent pawlicki is he has visited kingslynn twice now and is by far the best visiting rider I have seen at Lynn for a while

Just needs to practice on them wheelies lol

Edited by lynnboy

Shame as Tai has always been very good with fans.

Think he may be taking too much on with all the fundraising, racing different leagues and GP.

However this is no excuse to be rude to any fans, let alone a child. That's sad to hear. X

I would certainly say that was a one off. He may have his reasons for it regardless of whether it takes 2 minutes or not. Tai is and has been one of the best rider's out there for giving up his time for the fans, before, during and after meetings. He should be given the benefit of the doubt before being lambasted.

With regards to his form in the UK his scores look dreadful but in his 4-5 visits at King's Lynn he's put nothing less than 100% effort I have no doubt at all. He may just be finding the new heatleader format a little harder going than he expected.

On to tonight's meeting. Pawlicki was special, absolutely class display but did embarrass himself at the end of the night while displaying his wheelie skills he came off the back and face planted the track.

For us, it was an absolutely exceptional team performance with absolutely every single man chipping in. For rider of the night, none can be singled out so all 7 will receive the accolade. A stunning and ruthless display.

Loved it

Edited by screamer

Woffy still consistent I see with another score of 6 :D.

Piotr Pawlicki maybe but Woffy no chance :t:

So how come he has already scored maximums this year then. Every chance.

It wont stop you attacking Wolves and Tai at any opportunity tho.

Consistent every week in Poland and Sweden.

NOT. He struggled earlier in season in all leagues.

Don`t let that get in the way of making up stuff to suit an argument.

Pretty much as expected result wise. Piotr still a star.

Edited by stevebrum

Woffy certainly deserved more for his effort tonight. He was on six points in the race in which he fell after initially getting too much drive coming out of bend two and letting Rory nip in. Pawlicki has certainly got the NA sussed out - what a performance...even the wheelie at the end.

All the Stars rode well, only slight concern is Kenneth as he still doesn't seem 100% since returning from his broken collarbone. He gated in one race and won, but in the other 3 races he never really looked like getting past anyone.

Hope Ashley is ok. He took a nasty looking fall, It was right in front of me and really don't know how he managed to lose it such a spectacular way.

Firstly, hope Ashley Morris is ok - was a nasty looking fall.

As for the meeting - not one of the best with few overtakes (unlike the last time Wolves visited) - track was prepared for speed tonight it seems, but none-the-less another top Stars performance with everyone winning at least one heat and very few zeros.

Wolves were a two-man team for most of the match with Pawlicki especially impressive and it took a cracking ride from Niels to pass him. Tai wasn't as fast as PP but not as poor as some have said imo as Niels was the only one to beat him, tho Rory looked as though he would too before Tai fell, I admit. Wolves' problems were the second strings, very surprised to see the normally fast gating Wells (especially) and Thorsell do so little tho the latter finally got a gate in his last. Proctor too steadily improved.

But wel done to the Stars again for a convincing win :party:

• Like 1

I think, some posters on here are totally unfair on Woffy, who I thought rode as one would expect of a World Champion. In his second ride he was masterful when stopping Rory, who on a run round the out side with Pawlicki in 3rd. Woffy closed the gap blocking Rory, and looking for his partner to shadow home for a 8-1.

Third ride was unfortunate to fall after a tussle with Rory, Tai, could easily have score another 4 or 6pts, and his last two outing was against Niels and Pawlicki so it was no disgrace to finish 3rd. It didn't relate to his effort he put in, just that he was against class riders.

I suggest you moaners wake up and appreciate the World Champion for what he is . There are some riders in the side that don't apply half what Woffy does...

Probably you would be better to direct your feelings towards them....................

• Like 5