British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

King's Lynn Stars V Wolverhampton Wolves - Wed June 11

I would certainly say that was a one off. He may have his reasons for it regardless of whether it takes 2 minutes or not. Tai is and has been one of the best rider's out there for giving up his time for the fans, before, during and after meetings. He should be given the benefit of the doubt before being lambasted.

what reasons not to sign a kids book ?

Can't believe what I'm reading about Woffy on this thread.. The guy has done so much for British speedway this past year, all he did in his off season was do radio and tv interviews, trying to push the sport out there to a new audience. He took so much on for us british supporters, it effectively caused his poor form at the start of the season. As for the young lad tonight, sure Woffy didn't mean to not give out his autograph, certainly doesn't sound like something he usually does. Perhaps just wait till next time for it.

Yeah, maybe he should be scoring better for Wolves, but he's still obviously one of the best riders in the world.. To say its time to get rid is ridiculous. A British club sacking the British and world champion, sounds incredibly silly and would be the biggest mistake they would ever make.

What's that old saying.. You don't know how good it is, until it's gone.

• Like 4

So how come he has already scored maximums this year then. Every chance.

It wont stop you attacking Wolves and Tai at any opportunity tho.

stevebrum I am sorry but enough is enough with Woffy he is riding pathetic tbh.

NOT. He struggled earlier in season in all leagues.

Don`t let that get in the way of making up stuff to suit an argument.

Wrong I posted Woffy's scores the other day and I will do it again

FROM THE START OF THE SEASON

Poland: 8, 7+2, 11, 13+1, 7+2, 12+2 and 10+1

Sweden: 10+1, 10+2, 7, 12+1 and 10

Britain: 15 v Brum when Eddie Kennett was a heat leader and Danny King was average dropping!, 6, 6+2, 9+1, 8+1, 5+1, 4+1, 8, 8+2, 6, 9+2, 13+1, 6+3, 6, 11+3, 5 and 6+2

Polish Ekstraliga and Swedish Elitserien are a lot stronger of a league than the British Elite League. If Woffy can score double figures riding against GP riders in nearly every race in Poland and Sweden then why can't Woffy beat average riders in Britain?

What do you mean enough is enough? Why does it affect you?? Are you a Wolves fan then?? :neutral:

Thanks for the stats ---- which proves my point. Low scores in Poland to start the season. Thanks for proving you were wrong.

Woffy remains in indifferent form in the EL right now. Doesn't mean he cant go on and retain his World title.

WE Wolves fans know something isn't right, but most of us have more respect than demand his sacking.

I just wish more news was forthcoming to let us Wolves fans know why he is still struggling still.

The thoughts and opinions of non Wolves fans saying Woffy should be sacked are irrelevant IMHO.

Edited by stevebrum

I would certainly say that was a one off. He may have his reasons for it regardless of whether it takes 2 minutes or not. Tai is and has been one of the best rider's out there for giving up his time for the fans, before, during and after meetings. He should be given the benefit of the doubt before being lambasted.

With regards to his form in the UK his scores look dreadful but in his 4-5 visits at King's Lynn he's put nothing less than 100% effort I have no doubt at all. He may just be finding the new heatleader format a little harder going than he expected.

On to tonight's meeting. Pawlicki was special, absolutely class display but did embarrass himself at the end of the night while displaying his wheelie skills he came off the back and face planted the track.

For us, it was an absolutely exceptional team performance with absolutely every single man chipping in. For rider of the night, none can be singled out so all 7 will receive the accolade. A stunning and ruthless display.

Loved it

Good post.

With regards to autographs too many fans seem to think its their right to get them. Autographs should be a privilege, not a right.

In the majority of these stories we only hear one side of the event, generally embellished and things left out to suit.

It's interesting that most of the attacks are coming from people who weren't at the meeting, just as they were in the Coventry meeting which I attended and in which he wasn't as bad as his score suggested.

Things aren't clicking as he would like or expect in England right now, I don't put that down to not having best equipment or indeed lack of effort, perhaps moreso a slight lack of confidence which is all it takes in this format for scores to drop. Factor in, as often happens in such cases, a run of bad luck where you feel things are just going against you.

He'll turn it round I'm sure.

It's frustrating for wolves fans but from what I've seen in person and via various broadcasts it's not through lack of effort.

• Like 6

Good post.

With regards to autographs too many fans seem to think its their right to get them. Autographs should be a privilege, not a right.

In the majority of these stories we only hear one side of the event, generally embellished and things left out to suit.

It's interesting that most of the attacks are coming from people who weren't at the meeting, just as they were in the Coventry meeting which I attended and in which he wasn't as bad as his score suggested.

Things aren't clicking as he would like or expect in England right now, I don't put that down to not having best equipment or indeed lack of effort, perhaps moreso a slight lack of confidence which is all it takes in this format for scores to drop. Factor in, as often happens in such cases, a run of bad luck where you feel things are just going against you.

It's frustrating for wolves fans but from what I've seen in person and via various broadcasts it's not through lack of effort.

Agree, at Brandon he wouldve got 8 but for a mistake which relegated him to the back. Equipment looked decent when out in front.

Is it just a British thing, but we dont half like to build people up in this Country, just so we can knock em down. I am sure no one knows better than the rider himself that he isnt quite hitting all the high spots.

Ask yourself if you were a rider would you want to put yourself on the line in every ride you had ? Tai is going to get beat, he is out there with a bloody big target on his back, after all everyone wants to beat the World Champ, dont they. Lets enjoy having a British World Champion, after its not as though they come along very often.

Edited by semion
  • Like 3

Ashley has just tweeted

Thanks for the nice tweets people, got knocked out bad on track and got a bit of bruising to the brain so being kept in, feeling rough...

Not good, but hopefully he'll be ok.

is Kenneth Bjerre manipulating his average so that he can double up with the Panthers next season? :t:

Good post.

Privilege you are joking? over the years i have found 99 per cent of the riders great anyway in this respect.Supporters are the bread and butter so they need to considered especially the young uns.As for Woffy if he completes his rides i will be having a punt that he drops no more than two points tonight at the Abbey. Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

So let's get this right tai is no good in the uk anymore ? And tai is rude to fans now ?..... What utter nonsense you people have such short memories as for been rude think that's a one off met many people who would say quite the opposite.....

If you do want to get rid of him send him down perry barr we'd appreciate him there...

• Like 2

Is it just a British thing, but we dont half like to build people up in this Country, just so we can knock em down. I am sure no one knows better than the rider himself that he isnt quite hitting all the high spots.

Ask yourself if you were a rider would you want to put yourself on the line in every ride you had ? Tai is going to get beat, he is out there with a bloody big target on his back, after all everyone wants to beat the World Champ, dont they. Lets enjoy having a British World Champion, after its not as though they come along very often.

Joint top of the SGP and scoring fine in Poland & Sweden yet has dropped 13% off his starting average in GB. The only bloke who's knocking him down, as regards to the EL, is Tai himself. 7.97 is not a suitable level for a World Champion of any nationality.

Like Sidney says The supporter are the riders Bread and Butter. Usually, most riders will be only too pleased to sign autographs and do Photo's, and am also surprised about the post saying Woffy wouldn't sign. I saw Woffy last night doing loads of autographs, he, above anybody is always doing his bit to connect with the public.

I've just read the Wolves own web-site, saying: ' World champion and skipper Tai Woffinden gave another below-par score for Parrys International Wolves. ' What a load of rubbish. He don't deserve comments like that, especially from his own club. His performance was far better then the 6 +2 he was accredited with. In two of his 5 races he help Pawlicki score big points, and he met home side star rider Niels in 3 of his 5 rides. There's no need to feel bad being beaten by Niels, He's pretty special around Norfolk Arena.

• Like 2

Can't believe what I'm reading about Woffy on this thread.. The guy has done so much for British speedway this past year, all he did in his off season was do radio and tv interviews, trying to push the sport out there to a new audience. He took so much on for us british supporters, it effectively caused his poor form at the start of the season. As for the young lad tonight, sure Woffy didn't mean to not give out his autograph, certainly doesn't sound like something he usually does. Perhaps just wait till next time for it.

Yeah, maybe he should be scoring better for Wolves, but he's still obviously one of the best riders in the world.. To say its time to get rid is ridiculous. A British club sacking the British and world champion, sounds incredibly silly and would be the biggest mistake they would ever make.

What's that old saying.. You don't know how good it is, until it's gone.

Not really this guy is scoreing points for fun in the GP Sweden ,Poland but in the weak El he has been poor ....I rather he scored like a world champ for his club rather than given out tv and radio interviews etc .

The bottom line is that as a British World champ he trying harder elsewhere rather than the uk and that is piss poor . Sacking someone who is not giving 100 % is not ridiculous world champion or not .