British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Somerset Pl Sunday 15th June 2014 At 6.30pm

Decent Meeting tonight. Good wishes to the three injured Riders. I wish them all well and a quick return to racing.

Lindgren seems to have come out of the doldrums I'm pleased to say - he looked vastly better tonight. I still wish he would learn to Team Ride though. He shot off and left Mills to fend for himself in one Race - we got a 4-2 instead of a 5-1. A little help from Lindgren would not have gone amiss.

Actually - whilst I am on the subject Danny King seems to suffer the same problem as Lindgren. If it were not for Robbo - I would think Team Riding was a thing of the past.

• Like 1

Surely it can't be a track problem? Has to be rider error :rolleyes:

got to be the track,,, how else would professionals make mistakes ???

And yet standing beside you all of the meeting you never once said anything about the track. In fact you were heard by several people saying that there have been some really good races tonight. Very disappointing to see you jump on the bandwagon.

I will admit they were some good races tonight, In particular when a Newcastle rider missed the gate.

But I just felt on reflection that bend 2 was causing issues in particular that hole, which I did mention but obviously you didn't hear me say this.

Anyway I don't want to say anymore about this, cos next I will be getting the usual 'your anti Newcastle' and all that rubbish.

Be honest you have some sort of agenda against Newcastle for whatever reason. Why else would you post critical remarks about meetings you weren't at, that didn't even involve your team? All a bit pathetic really.

No agenda at all against Newcastle riders or there promoter, whom in all honesty most clubs should take a look at because of your recent success these past few years! You don't know me at all to assume what I think!

The only thing I don't like is your track... And not just cos I'm that "bitter Berwick fan who watched her team beat last week"... I've been most years since 2001 to build my opinion on it!

Decent Meeting tonight. Good wishes to the three injured Riders. I wish them all well and a quick return to racing.

Lindgren seems to have come out of the doldrums I'm pleased to say - he looked vastly better tonight. I still wish he would learn to Team Ride though. He shot off and left Mills to fend for himself in one Race - we got a 4-2 instead of a 5-1. A little help from Lindgren would not have gone amiss.

Actually - whilst I am on the subject Danny King seems to suffer the same problem as Lindgren. If it were not for Robbo - I would think Team Riding was a thing of the past.

he can,,, but does'nt want you to see it,,,

what a shame, like the match depended on it,,, but it might of,,,

I will admit they were some good races tonight, In particular when a Newcastle rider missed the gate.

But I just felt on reflection that bend 2 was causing issues in particular that hole, which I did mention but obviously you didn't hear me say this.

Anyway I don't want to say anymore about this, cos next I will be getting the usual 'your anti Newcastle' and all that rubbish. that

that hole has always been there,,, has nobody told the riders ???,,, should maybe put a sign up

Edited by ruffdiamond

And yet standing beside you all of the meeting you never once said anything about the track. In fact you were heard by several people saying that there have been some really good races tonight. Very disappointing to see you jump on the bandwagon.

just a typical poncey keyboard commando then?? :) love it :)
  • Like 1

I have to agree with TWK on his team riding point. With a little help Millsey might have held off Wright to completely nullify the tactical advantage. But to be fair to Ludo. he has just got his gating gloves back, so some slack in this case may be appropriate.

• Like 2

just a typical poncey keyboard commando then?? :) love it :)

Complete rubbish. You don't know me at all so you suddenly can't come to that conclusion.

No agenda at all against Newcastle riders or there promoter, whom in all honesty most clubs should take a look at because of your recent success these past few years! You don't know me at all to assume what I think!

The only thing I don't like is your track... And not just cos I'm that "bitter Berwick fan who watched her team beat last week"... I've been most years since 2001 to build my opinion on it!

I don't particularly like Berwick but I don't go on Berwick threads slagging it off every opportunity I get.

• Like 3

Complete rubbish. You don't know me at all so you suddenly can't come to that conclusion.

Agreed, though it wasn't a statement it was a question...hence the question marks.

Agreed, though it wasn't a statement it was a question...hence the question marks.

Fair enough :)

Excellent win for the Diamonds with Ludvig and Mills joint riders of the meeting for me. Somerset top 4 what we saw were poor Allen few bends was slow unfortunately his night ended without finishing a race. Morris did little when it mattered falls didnt help first two rides and Brady Kurtz was awful, Aspgren was okay first two rides but wasnt missed in 14 Kurt won as his replacement and Rebels got 4-2 anyway.Rebels bottom 3 deserve credit though kept Rebels in the meeting especially Wright used to be awful at Brough not now. Unfortunately Diamonds effort has been overshadowed and the team wont get credit they deserve as would have won comfortably had the 3 injuries not happened in my opinion. Track wasnt at its best for me but wont blame it for injuries Allen fall got out of shape trying to catch Mills, Kerr made a move he didnt need to probably from frustration as he wasnt gating. Even if track was the cause for them Aspgren injury wasnt if he tried that 10 times same thing would happen 10 times in any race at any track almost cut though the grass with the corner he tried. Hope all 3 are back riding soon hate to see injuries worried about Kerr injury we cant cope with RR for him and he was doing so well hope its not as bad as first feared.

Edited by Big Diamond
  • Like 1

Another 3 points for the lads against a so-so Rebels team barely a shadow of previous seasons, but the oppo is the oppo and to be honest the Diamonds seem to be on the up thanks to the 'Devine One'. George and his motivational skills maybe had an influence too though. Still believe we have track probs. Maybe the away riders fail to embrace the niceties of our track, but when you see the Kerminator fighting his own bike for control, you have to wonder whether he has miss-judged his bike settings-questionable? or the racing surface has him 'flummixed'-more likely. Suppose his mind could also have been half on the British Final too though. Just my musings and in only a very slight way looking to support a certain Bandits fan as to her query's re. our track surface.

I have to agree with TWK on his team riding point. With a little help Millsey might have held off Wright to completely nullify the tactical advantage. But to be fair to Ludo. he has just got his gating gloves back, so some slack in this case may be appropriate.

Yes he could have stayed and tried to help Mills (who is a vastly experienced rider) and Wright could have passed both of them to make it a 6-3. I think he done the right thing to gate and go to cancel out the tactical ride. He was great tonight and that is the Lindgren I love to see, no complaints from me, that pass that he made on the first bend I think on Aspegren was phenomenal :D.

Also I wish a speedy recovery to all those riders who were withdrawn from the meetings due to injury. :(

• Like 1

Yes he could have stayed and tried to help Mills (who is a vastly experienced rider) and Wright could have passed both of them to make it a 6-3. I think he done the right thing to gate and go to cancel out the tactical ride. He was great tonight and that is the Lindgren I love to see, no complaints from me, that pass that he made on the first bend I think on Aspegren was phenomenal :D.

Also I wish a speedy recovery to all those riders who were withdrawn from the meetings due to injury. :(

A good point and a big Yeah from me to your final sentence.