British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Somerset Pl Sunday 15th June 2014 At 6.30pm

Yes I know exactly what people are going to say to this :oops: . But can we not sign 2 riders on a short term deal to give Lewis and Chris (Schramm) a month or so to recover.

1. Danny King 11.18

2. Lewis Rose 4.08

3. Stuart Robson 7.50

4. Claes Nedermark 6.20

5. Ludvig Lindgren 7.37

6. Chris Mills 3.00

7. Dan Greenwood 3.00/New 3.00 er

I'd prefer to see a full seven man team than R/R being used all of the time. :(

Me... Far better things to do normally, which is why I don't post anywhere near as much as some of the anoraks currently around... but as it was Sunday and I was home relaxing, i thought I'd keep an eye on some results..
I will be asking you the same question if I see you pop up elsewhere with criticisms! :approve:

But mine will be comments favourable or not, unlike yours.
I seem to remember last year, after the SKY meeting , my complimentary post on here was reproduced in total in your proggie. Was yours.

Yes I know exactly what people are going to say to this :oops: . But can we not sign 2 riders on a short term deal to give Lewis and Chris (Schramm) a month or so to recover.

1. Danny King 11.18
2. Lewis Rose 4.08
3. Stuart Robson 7.50
4. Claes Nedermark 6.20
5. Ludvig Lindgren 7.37
6. Chris Mills 3.00

Oh course you can , depending on decent riders with the right average being available at the right time. I personally would not go with the two you have included in your proposed team.
Claes doesn't seem bothered about speedway, and we have Chris's average to use rather than a 3 pointer. Edited by Tsunami

The hole was there last season and is still there this season , it really does need sorting out , last nights match sounded like carnage, can't all be down to rider error :blink:

Yes it was

Yes it was

Never!!

As usual you are so right. That's both you and the usual lurking Montie.

As you would agree, all rider errors, and could have happened at any track including Berwick and Scunny, the alleged Bydgoszcz of the frozen north.

Done a bit of Lurking Dave---over 40 falls or exclusions on Brough this year in 11 meetings, on a quick look through the rest it 3 times more than any other track

Never!!

Done a bit of Lurking Dave---over 40 falls or exclusions on Brough this year in 11 meetings, on a quick look through the rest it 3 times more than any other track

So by your careful digging, and using your own figures, YOU are saying that there is only 1.2 falls or exclusions for the next worse track to us, and all the others have only one fall or an exclusion per meeting.

Unbelievable and untrue. :nono:

Edited by Tsunami

The hole was there last season and is still there this season , it really does need sorting out , last nights match sounded like carnage, can't all be down to rider error :blink:

There isn't, and hasn't been, a "hole' at Brough, since the days of Tom Owen, with his own on the 3rd bend. The track has shale on it, and it is grippy, something a few of your riders forgot last year with Roynon and Howarth going gung-ho and both getting injured.

1. Danny King 11.18
2. Lewis Rose 4.08
3. Stuart Robson 7.50
4. Claes Nedermark 6.20
5. Ludvig Lindgren 7.37
6. Chris Mills 3.00

Do you not think it a good idea to wait to see how long, potentailly, Lewi is out for? Might only be a week or two.

the track has been poor this season for passing , most riders ride mega wide on bends 1 and 2 to find grip which is probably how kerr came off, would it be worth having a more solid lower part to the air fence to stop foot rests dragging riders in?

Do you not think it a good idea to wait to see how long, potentailly, Lewi is out for? Might only be a week or two.

He has a broken shoulder doesn't he? That's got to be at least 4 weeks :(

http://instagram.com/p/pTtqJJQlWR/

Edited by DIAMONDS

the track has been poor this season for passing , most riders ride mega wide on bends 1 and 2 to find grip which is probably how kerr came off, would it be worth having a more solid lower part to the air fence to stop foot rests dragging riders in?

The riders are wanting more lines and at the moment the outside sweep seems to be the preferred line with more grip due to the dirt thrown there. There is also a neat line exiting both the second and forth bends, which gives riders the opportunity to nip in ahead of the racer around the outside line. I think in Kerr's case he rode the dirt but needed to squeeze through when he might have waited for a better opportunity. Interesting you mention the quality of the skirt as, as you say, the present thickness skirt seems to be soft and easily ripped. We have discussed this and are enquiring at the moment of the possibility of a thicker or more durable strength of skirt. It doesn't need to be say like conveyor belting, something half way that is more robust, flexible to fit, and doesn't allow the footrest to stab it as easy. If you remember when that Czech rider in the second half on the second bend, and Ludde on the third bend touched the skirt with falls, both skirts were torn very easily. The skirts cost £50 every time as well. They should be more deflective.

Edited by Tsunami

If what you are saying is correct, is not possible to rectify the hazard, or has nobody told the track curator ???

yes it is,,, get all speedway riders to stop being silly and give up their job/hobby and do something safer,,, say like going to a soft-play, or staying in bed,,,

definately not,,, Nick Morris - exciting to watch, pushes it to the limit, but has'nt realised them yet,,,

Olly Allen - all over like a cheap suit, accident waiting to happen,,,

Pontus Aspirin - did he even try to stick to the track, after he went across the grass ???,,,

and Lewis Kerr,,, trying too hard and got caught on the 'safety air fence', a bit ironic that, is the fence to blame ???,,,

• Like 1

Hopefully KL send him private in order to get him back asap.

ffffing hell,,, it's Lewis Kerr, not the 'six million dollar man' !!!

• Like 1

Correct. It was last Sundays weather. I'll let Tsunami explain, as he knows more about it than I do and is probably better explaining these things.

You just have to have the dig don't you? You can't just congratulate him and leave it at that, can you?

Are you telling me that Lindgren can Team ride - he can't, or won't - I'll leave you to decide which applies.

I did say that he rode better too.

we did'nt,,, we got a 4-4 instead of a 5-1,,, ooooh, schoolboy error :-0

or, is that because you WON'T accept the 'double points tac-rule' ??? :-)

or, did you mean the race with Aaron Fox, not Mills ??? :-)

and, as mentioned earlier, Robbo was'nt doing a lot to help Lewis Kerr out, in fact poor Lewis probably got injured by trying too hard to catch his team mate,,, that's what I seen :-(

agree, lol

was Cleas not hanging about last night ;-)

Doesn't alter the fact that my comments regarding Team Riding are true and valid though - does it?

Apologies for the error. I can admit when I make a mistake.

ffffing hell,,, it's Lewis Kerr, not the 'six million dollar man' !!!

Hey with pins, plates, things an' private medical cover via KL {he is their asset after all and an integral part of their potentially Elite Title winning combo], maybe he will be back without becoming 'Steve Austin'