British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Django

Workington Vs Edinburgh 14th June 7pm (premier League)

With Josh and Ashley out of action Rich Lawson and Taylor Poole will guest in their place. Tough meeting just got tougher, think it will be a few points in it either way, probably Edinburgh to shade it

Edited by DynamoDave

With Josh and Ashley out of action Rich Lawson and Taylor Poole will guest in their place. Tough meeting just got tougher, think it will be a few points in it either way, probably Edinburgh to shade it

dont know cookie seems right of the boil just now,all depends if he gets it right

dont know cookie seems right of the boil just now,all depends if he gets it right

Last three premier league meetings.

1. Craig Cook 3,3,3,2,2* = 13+1

1. Craig Cook 3,3,3,3,2* = 14+1

1. Craig Cook 2,3,X,3,3 = 11

If that's "off the boil" then I hope he's better than that on Saturday.

Will be a tough match now for the Comets, be interesting to see just how Taylor Poole will go, haven't seen him race for a while and if memory serves E,boro had some pretty handy reserves last time they were here so that could be the pivotal point in deciding the outcome?

Still, out of adversity and all that, I'll stick my neck out and say 48-42!! :D

Think the thing is with Cookie if hes allowed to roll and gate he wins, if not, does nothing from behind, except at the trick track Armadale where the opposition generally hate riding. Cook appears to have gone backwards in the EL this season, and the PL really isnt very strong so still mainly dominating that really isnt all that hard.

• Like 2

Judging by how easily Berwick took care of them recently can only see an away win

Ah but are Edinburgh as good as Berwick. :approve:

Think the thing is with Cookie if hes allowed to roll and gate he wins, if not, does nothing from behind, except at the trick track Armadale where the opposition generally hate riding. Cook appears to have gone backwards in the EL this season, and the PL really isnt very strong so still mainly dominating that really isnt all that hard.

I shouldn't really bother with this but I will.

When we did a booklet on Craig Cook last year we gave away a DVD with it, on which amongst other heats we had his wins from the back against Jason Doyle at Somerset, Richie Worrall at Newcastle, Joe Screen at Glasgow, Rene Bach at Workington (3 times in one night) and a last-to-first in the Fours at Peterborough.

I accept that for some reason he has been well below his best in the EL and it's a concern. So you've got that right, the rest is drivel.

• Like 5

Ah but are Edinburgh as good as Berwick. :approve:

Craig Cook is a top rider, end of.

Craig Cook is a top rider in PL ,end of.

Yep....Cookie is the best in the PL, but it seems he is the only rider that may roll at the gate...........watch Rene, Richard on Saturday.......I could go on and on

Try and give Cookie a bit credit like what screm has done above

Most people want to see Edinburgh beaten if only to give everyone some hope but I say let them have one more.

Dont think I could stomach it from the usual suspects if Worky are the first to do it!

(big cheesey smiley with a little wink)

• Like 2

I hear you bruv

Sure as hell weren't off the boil when he guested for us last Sunday!

craig did have an "off night" last time , but what about sam masters that night :)

shouldn't have been excluded in his last race