British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevethelion

Leicester V Swindon Saturday June 21st

Hansen said tonight he is guesting at Leicester tomorrow. Who is he guesting for?

Why is everyone having a go about this meeting? If you do not like the line up of riders then its simple, do not go, you are not being forced!! Why worry about paying the points, its not coming out of your pocket.

I agree.

If people want to go that's fine by me, you pays your money etc. I hope they enjoy it.

For me I have decided against going because I don't think I will enjoy it. Personally I'm not overly impressed with the league. It's not good when there are so many guest and R/R . I much prefer the premier league that's why I have started to drift back to watching Sheffield, as I used to before Leicester opened. The state of the EL isn't Leicesters fault it's the way the league is run in general I think.

It's a shame. But hey at least the suns been shining.

• Like 1

Hansen said tonight he is guesting at Leicester tomorrow. Who is he guesting for?

Perhaps the ref is off to see Kasabian too. :o

• Like 3

Why is everyone having a go about this meeting? If you do not like the line up of riders then its simple, do not go, you are not being forced!! Why worry about paying the points, its not coming out of your pocket. I will be at this meeting!! I also think the crowd will be ok, I will agree that it is not ideal with missing riders, but lets be honest, I have not really had a team to support this season, by that I mean 7 riders who I can connect with. It happens all the time by the looks of it, R/R or Guests every where, I think this has been jumped on because AR does not want the meeting to go ahead, he wants to watch the qualifiers. For those who are not going I will post again and let you know if I enjoyed my sat night.

Big well done for another contender for idiotic post of the year :party:

• Like 1

simple, do not go, you are not being forced!! Why worry about paying the points, its not coming out of your pocket.

I always thought the fans paid good money to watch speedway which pays the riders wages & airfares. So I guess it is coming out of the fans pockets,however if like many will avoid this one then DH will have to dig deep into his pocket which would make him think twice next time.

Is this farce on bet365 ?

• Like 2

Unfortunately yes but as a Swindon fan I will not be watching as I would rather watch paint dry in my spare room than watch another meeting at Leicester :D

Well hemsley thinks he has a great speedway track and no need for change.

I may take a look on bet365 for a few heats if I have nothing better to do.

Sadly there were still riders available to guest but Tai, Scott & MJJ all said no & when you see how often Scott guests you have to wonder why he said no to Swindon.

I always thought the fans paid good money to watch speedway which pays the riders wages & airfares. So I guess it is coming out of the fans pockets,however if like many will avoid this one then DH will have to dig deep into his pocket which would make him think twice next time.

Maybe i'm not coming through so Let me put it another way...'It's not your problem'.

Go don't go. Watch the first 4 hts on bet 365 don't watch the 1st 4 hts on bet365.....but quit spoiling it for the rest of us.

His to start his to finish end of chat.......

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

Sadly there were still riders available to guest but Tai, Scott & MJJ all said no & when you see how often Scott guests you have to wonder why he said no to Swindon.

Most Swindon fans are horrible to Scott so can understand why he wouldn't unless he's busy which could also be the case.

Why Tai say no though?

• Like 3

The 2 matches last night went ahead with several guests used by all 4 teams - that's the EL for you, and as others have rightly said you can take it or leave it.

From what I've seen, the issue with this match is the accusation by Swindon of sharp practice on Leicester's part. Maybe Swindon will not be as helpful to Leicester in future when it comes to lending out their riders. Things have a way of coming back to bite.

• Like 1

The 2 matches last night went ahead with several guests used by all 4 teams - that's the EL for you, and as others have rightly said you can take it or leave it.

From what I've seen, the issue with this match is the accusation by Swindon of sharp practice on Leicester's part. Maybe Swindon will not be as helpful to Leicester in future when it comes to lending out their riders. Things have a way of coming back to bite.

How truthful is the accusation though? We only have one side of the story.

Mind you knowing Norrie as I do......................

For those interested in the saga of this meeting we now have Sam Masters as a guest, unless he is injured on the way to the meeting.

• Like 1

I think a few people need to get a grip and put things into perspective.

It's a speedway meeting, We are not about to be invaded by overseas powers who want to send our children back up chimneys, (although I might vote for that) The world will not suddenly end because this meeting will go ahead.

Leicester and Swindon speedway will still be here tomorrow.

If you want to go and watch fine, enjoy it. If you don't..................then..........er.........well ............don't. ;)

• Like 2

Most Swindon fans are horrible to Scott so can understand why he wouldn't unless he's busy which could also be the case.

Why Tai say no though?

A number 1 who scores 3/4 at home and never wins heats 1,13 or 15 is never going to be popular. He was awful.

• Like 1

Big well done for another contender for idiotic post of the year :party:

Nothing idiotic about my post at all. It was just an opinion, if you think differently to me then why not explain your reasons, instead of trying to insult me.

• Like 1