British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevethelion

Leicester V Swindon Saturday June 21st

ROBINS PRIDE!

I cant wait to read DH comments now :D

Probably having a whip round to pay the riders lol, you reap what you sew. :o

• Like 2

Omg ! So Leicester give a TR to a rider who had 2 previous ducks and comes out with a duck in that ride too.

At least Hansen is consistent.

Did the team manager turn up tonight - or was he exposed to too much sun today which affected his position.

It ain't rocket science mr team manager or perhaps you a few quid better off from the bookies.

Happy days

Edited by markyb
  • Like 1

Bucks is no more a heat leader than Morris

I think you'll find they are both heat leaders :rolleyes:

Tonight Swindon had 1 heat leader and Leicester had 3 :rolleyes:

You obviously have a downer on Swindon - if you read back your posts that I started replying to! :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

David Hemsley, you 've got rid of enough riders in the last 4 years, now do us all a favour & get rid of Norrie Allen,was he the only person in the stadium who thought Hansen( without a point ), was a better bet to take a T/R than Stead who had won his last 2 rides.

• Like 1

Huge thanks to Norrie Allen, one of the biggest team manager cock ups of this millennium, single handedly you kept the Robins slim play ff hopes alive - even then they nearly blew their lead.

Edited by remembertheracers
  • Like 6

Leicester speedway is a real bad advert for the sport,another boring meeting of follow the leader as it's impossible to pass plus how many teams have used a TR at home after only 5 heats?

Then put a rider out on a TR who hadn't got a single point.

Shocking again hemsley

Have to say well done to the Robins tonight, but how stupid do all those Robins fans feel now, the ones who were saying just give the Lions the points, the ones who said they would laugh at DH when he had to pay out to all his riders who would get max points. Did not quite work out like that, did it !!

As for the meeting, it was not the best, Lions manager and captain made a big mistake with the TR in heat 10 which cost us the win. Credit to Stead he had the balls to admit it was him who said he did not think he could get out of gate 4, that's why they opted for KH off gate 2.

One positive to come out of tonight was our new team member, Krzysztof Buczkowski, looking forward to seeing him ride again. Great effort from him, a real crowed pleaser. Also have to say that the crowed numbers looked good, despite all the bad feeling on here.

• Like 2

Also have to say that the crowed numbers looked good, despite all the bad feeling on here.

Yes the call to arms by certain members on here to boycott the meeting seem to fall on deaf ears :-)

• Like 1

Yes the call to arms by certain members on here to boycott the meeting seem to fall on deaf ears :-)

I agree, a shame a few more Robins fans did not have belief in their team and travelled up to support them.

• Like 1

With 3-riders thro' into the GP Final Qualifiers, Krzysztof Buczkowski looking fast, Steady getting better &better, Bates showing what he's capable of and young Clegg gaining experience all the time, finally we have the makings of a team. The revolving door now focuses on the Team Manger himself, with the TR decision being the craziest I have ever known. I don't believe one single Lions Supporter would have given the TR to Hansen.

• Like 1

Steady said he didn't think he could get out off gate 4 and opted to not take the black and white in that heat, so not really Norries error, a good team man, thinking of the team and not me, me, me, me!! Quite often you see heat leaders donning the black and white after a poor ride or two, that's why they are heat leaders for gods sake, just because you have a bad ride or two, 0, 0, 6, 3, 3 is not unheard of now, is it......!!

Omg ! So Leicester give a TR to a rider who had 2 previous ducks and comes out with a duck in that ride too.

At least Hansen is consistent.

Did the team manager turn up tonight - or was he exposed to too much sun today which affected his position.

It ain't rocket science mr team manager or perhaps you a few quid better off from the bookies.

Happy days

I reckon he went to the Kasabian gig instead

• Like 1

I agree, a shame a few more Robins fans did not have belief in their team and travelled up to support them.

It wasn't our team. I was originally thinking of going but once I saw the line ups I lost interest. Nothing to do with whether or not Swindon would or could win.

Looks like Leicester messed up the TR, but you have to remember he would have discussed it with the riders. Maybe the manager will learn from this to be stronger with his riders. Steady, after all, is always modest of his own capabilities. Manager should have just told him he wad on the TR and no arguments.

Good result for 'Swindon' though. This wasn't a collapse by the Robins. We were always likely to concede heats 13 and 15 so had to get the job done in the other heats.

• Like 3