British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh Vs Rye House (20th Of June)

Having the pi$$ ripped out of us before a wheel is turned. Only real die hards, or those who are mentally ill will bother to travel up. I won't be one of em

Who wants to go to Scotland twice in 6 days for one off Meetings, great planning.

Who wants to go to Scotland twice in 6 days for one off Meetings, great planning.

Would've been worth it had Redcar not postponed Thursdays meeting.

Old Northern tours were better. Edinburgh, Berwick, Glasgow

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

All joking aside, this might be an awful lot closer than most folks think.

They do usually put on a big performance at the Dale and have the likes of Garratt who will be bringing with confidence after wopping the world champ.

They have enough others who can do well at our place so we will all need to be on the gas from the off.

Dunno where Cookie's bikes are likely to be and Deek needs to find form.

Should be a comfortable win on paper but who knows on shale.

If we still had that run of fixtures as a northern tour this year I'd happily go, such good weekends away. The promotion know that us fans enjoyed them too so why not push for a three night northern your when fixtures are arranged each year!?

• Like 1

If we still had that run of fixtures as a northern tour this year I'd happily go, such good weekends away. The promotion know that us fans enjoyed them too so why not push for a three night northern your when fixtures are arranged each year!?

It was one of the highlights of the season.

Spot on Shadders. I'd have been at Edinburgh for this, but the idiot of a promoter we have agreed to Redcar's request to cancel the Redcar match on Thursday. I'd booked time of work, but certainly will not be making a one off trip to Edinburgh.

Funny isn't it, Glasgow would change this Saturday's fixture because they were on a tour, says it all really :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Spot on Shadders. I'd have been at Edinburgh for this, but the idiot of a promoter we have agreed to Redcar's request to cancel the Redcar match on Thursday. I'd booked time of work, but certainly will not be making a one off trip to Edinburgh.

Funny isn't it, Glasgow would change this Saturday's fixture because they were on a tour, says it all really :cry::cry::cry::cry:

As it happens I couldn't go anyway, can't get the weekend off due to high sick leave levels at work. Have been known to come down with a mystery illness in the past just before a Northern tour, but they've sussed me out now Edited by Shadders

After Monday's performance looking forward to watching Garrity on track. He has had some corkers round the Dale previously, so would not be surprised if he notches double figures. Boxall also looked decent in the British Final.

If Kennett can also reproduce his Poole form of last night, this could turn out to be a more competitive contest than most on here have predicted

I wasn't overly impressed with Garrity last week at Glasgow, but Armadale seems to suit him and I can see him doing well.

Rye House usually put on a good show here, regardless of their form elsewhere or at home and I don't think they will be a pushover.

I'm looking for a home win, but not by much.

I'll be happy if we hit mid-50's here... Think it'll be won down at reserve as Kennett, Garrity and Boxall should all score pretty well round the Dale. Tressarieu has had a couple of good meetings here before too and with Deek struggling to find forrm, it could be a bit closer.

Don't go in for all this smug rubbish and that we should win by 30pts or hit 60 every week... Rye generally perform really well at Armadale irrespective of the season they have and if we can come away with the 3 league points in the bag - even if we win by 7pts on the night and all 14 riders in one piece, I'll be happy.

I'll be happy if we hit mid-50's here... Think it'll be won down at reserve as Kennett, Garrity and Boxall should all score pretty well round the Dale. Tressarieu has had a couple of good meetings here before too and with Deek struggling to find forrm, it could be a bit closer.

Don't go in for all this smug rubbish and that we should win by 30pts or hit 60 every week... Rye generally perform really well at Armadale irrespective of the season they have and if we can come away with the 3 league points in the bag - even if we win by 7pts on the night and all 14 riders in one piece, I'll be happy.

Totally agree with this! Hoping for a good meeting!

All joking aside, this might be an awful lot closer than most folks think.

I'll have some of what you're on

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

I think we will hit the high 50's with Garrity scoring the majority of rye houses points.

I think we will hit the high 50's

....by heat 13
  • Like 2