British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye House V Glasgow 21st June, The Longest Day At 7pm

remember that 66 match unbeaten home record Shadders?

back in 2008/2009.....

and people moaned about the dominance of the rockets - saying it was boring!

- give me those days anytime.... watching young Woofy miss the gate and still end up winning the heats!

Great times!!! :t:

Haven't read one comment from a Monarchs fan complaining of boredom. Yes I do remember some people moaning about our home dominance and that it was boring. Be careful what you wish for.
  • Like 1

Depends what's causing the boredom.

Constant home wins do not necessarily equate to boredom.

Dull as ditch water presentation / dreadful track conditions / long delays between races all do make for boredom though.

Only been at Rye once this season (for the Peterborough meeting) and the presentation was not worthy of the name.

Long delays with no conversation from the announcers at all.

The racing wasn't the worst I have seen, and the track's not great, but it was the delays and the lack of presentation that was the killer.

• Like 1

Have to say the announcer Craig Saul does a excellent job. He does try to give as much information as possible. When there is a long delay he's seen running into the pits to grab a rider or two for a interview. So why not employ a roving mike man? The guy at Cradley Heath alone probably adds people on the gate. Oh for presentation of riders on there bikes before the meeting, a proper centre green draw (notice the 50-50 draw figure gets lower every week) a programme that's different year on year (been the same since 2002) a team manager with some guts and determination, it's not a lot to ask for, or is it?

Maybe the delays against Peterborough were not quite long enough because I don't remember hearing any interviews at all and precious little additional information.

Nothing against Craig Saul, I quite like his voice and style.

I compare that with Peterborough and Ippo (and I assume Mildenhall because I haven't been over there yet this season) where there are loads of interviews and time fillers.

Turgid stuff at Rye.

Maybe it will be seconds out for round 2 when Monarchs come visiting!

My money would be on Deek.

Might make the evening more tolerable.

For me the day Chris Neath was injured at Ipswich a very large part of the spirit died that day. He was a big part of the very good teams, yes others may have taken the plaudits be he always stepped up at home to win heat fifteen if needed. He is sorely missed at Rye like no other rider since i started going mid seventies.

Yes many pretenders came along like Kasper and we have had many false dawns. I remember the night at Leicester when he was the only rider to pass anyone and that on his debut too but like many others he proved to be a damp squib.

It's not even the poor teams that get me its that idiot of a team manager that rolls out the excuses every week, they get better and better, glad to see Steve Boxall over his machinery problems but the poor love now struck down with a dodgy throat will the luck blighting us ever go away.

Once again the season over by June no pairs or fours to look forward to just the long trips away to watch a second rate team that i doubt would be good enough to win at Cradley

Not since the breakup of the 1980 team have i been so depressed at Rye, just nothing on the horizon to be excited about.

I wont moan about Glasgow arriving again at least we might get a win

• Like 1

For me the day Chris Neath was injured at Ipswich a very large part of the spirit died that day. He was a big part of the very good teams, yes others may have taken the plaudits be he always stepped up at home to win heat fifteen if needed. He is sorely missed at Rye like no other rider since i started going mid seventies.

Yes many pretenders came along like Kasper and we have had many false dawns. I remember the night at Leicester when he was the only rider to pass anyone and that on his debut too but like many others he proved to be a damp squib.

It's not even the poor teams that get me its that idiot of a team manager that rolls out the excuses every week, they get better and better, glad to see Steve Boxall over his machinery problems but the poor love now struck down with a dodgy throat will the luck blighting us ever go away.

Once again the season over by June no pairs or fours to look forward to just the long trips away to watch a second rate team that i doubt would be good enough to win at Cradley

Not since the breakup of the 1980 team have i been so depressed at Rye, just nothing on the horizon to be excited about.

I wont moan about Glasgow arriving again at least we might get a win

Welcome to our world .

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Good luck my beloved Tigers , stay safe guys and try not to get a pumping

• Like 1

Good luck my beloved Tigers , stay safe guys and try not to get a pumping

Or a helmet bashin' !

• Like 1

Or a helmet bashin' !

Nah , we've nobody as irritating as Desperate Deek in our septet

Nah , we've nobody as irritating as Desperate Deek in our septet

Surely Wolbert is irritating? :rolleyes:

Surely Wolbert is irritating? :rolleyes:

Only to us , not Jason Garrity

• Like 1

Meeting start delayed due to ambulance having a puncture en route.

Hope this doesn't turn into a Worky Embra thread. ;)

• Like 1

Meeting start delayed due to ambulance having a puncture en route.

Hope this doesn't turn into a Worky Embra thread. ;)

Need the ambulance too , just incase Garrity has attached a chib to his crash helmet

• Like 2

R/R for Henry have i missed something ? .

R/R for Henry have i missed something ? .

If you have, so have I.

Hope he's OK for ramorra.