British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Sheffield Premier League Sunday 22nd June 2014

On plymouth forum someone has posted robbo has a broken pelvis and two vertabrae not sure if this is correct hope not! Conflicting info now says got concussion back in seven days sorry for the confusion just trying to keep diamonds fans up to date

Thankfully merely an miss-informed Plymouth fan. Robbo concussed and back next week according to Ranting Roy. Whether that means he is available for Scunny on Friday is open to question.

Yes but no need to be so patronising to others when you do so. Like to me last week when I mentioned the lack of fixtures in the PL this year. Interesting that George, in his programme notes tonight, said the lack of fixtures was a "ridiculous situation".......possibly nothing to do with a certain tournament then?

Where's that humble pie.........

First of all I can't find my original post, but If I remember correctly I did say maybe (and I underlined it) as a possible (and I think I underlined that too) cause for lack of fixtures. I don't think I said it was the reason, just my take on it. Seems I was wrong. Humble pie being eaten.

Secondly, if there is a lack of fixtures, why did the promotion agree to the fixtures at the start of the season? Surely you can't agree with something and then be unhappy with it later?

Thirdly, if I did come across as 'patronising' then, sorry, that wasn't the intention. Just trying to throw a possible reason into the mix.

A routine win for the Diamonds who would have scored 60 but for Lindgren killing his bike and a simple fall for King.

Stead as good as I've seen him at Brough, Lanham as bad as I've seen him. He's normally good for double figures here.

Had a group of 4 adults and 2 kids stood behind us who had obviously come along on the Groupon deal and had not been to the speedway before. They were going wild for the after race wheelies and were disappointed if a race winner tootled around just waving (Danny King). The hardcore fans sometimes forget the entertainment is more than just the racing.

• Like 2

im over the moon to be proved wrong well done Aaron !!

As Brian Clough once said "Good lad!"

First of all I can't find my original post, but If I remember correctly I did say maybe (and I underlined it) as a possible (and I think I underlined that too) cause for lack of fixtures. I don't think I said it was the reason, just my take on it. Seems I was wrong. Humble pie being eaten.

Secondly, if there is a lack of fixtures, why did the promotion agree to the fixtures at the start of the season? Surely you can't agree with something and then be unhappy with it later?

Thirdly, if I did come across as 'patronising' then, sorry, that wasn't the intention. Just trying to throw a possible reason into the mix.

why not,,, wor lass does it all the time, lol

Fair enough.

Perhaps Newcastle weren't happy but were out voted. Wouldn't be the first time. Maybe Cradley will move up next season which will help assuming we don't lose anybody. I have said for years that I would like to see the 4TT qualifiers brought back. Guarantees good crowds and gives the fans something different. I know George has similar views, frustrating that other promoters continually block any moves to reinstate it.

Agreed NCJ71 4TT should be brought back with qualifiers maybe instead of these ridiculous extra couple of league fixtures, which are purely calendar padding.

• Like 1

Agreed NCJ71 4TT should be brought back with qualifiers maybe instead of these ridiculous extra couple of league fixtures, which are purely calendar padding.

Could even show some imagination and have a 2 week window in the hight of the summer where the league is put on hold and the 4TT qualifiers are run with the final at the end of the two weeks. Offer discounts for travelling fans at each venue and really promote it, similar to what county cricket has done with the 20-20 tournament.

Might just get a few extra folk in through the turnstiles....

• Like 2

Could even show some imagination and have a 2 week window in the hight of the summer where the league is put on hold and the 4TT qualifiers are run with the final at the end of the two weeks. Offer discounts for travelling fans at each venue and really promote it, similar to what county cricket has done with the 20-20 tournament.

Might just get a few extra folk in through the turnstiles....

That would be far too sensible!!! :P:D

Edited by Steve Park

I loved the 4TT in the 'old' days. :t:

gotta say,,, I think it was better with the qualifiers, always looked forward to them, it was just a nice little change :-)

gotta say,,, I think it was better with the qualifiers, always looked forward to them, it was just a nice little change :-)

That's right - something a little different.

Forget about averages, the only way to qualify for 4`s day at Peterborough should be out there on track, until that happens the 4`s will always be a fantastic day out but ever so slightly diminished returns for whoever wins.

Agreed. Never was quite sure why they dumped the qualifiers, summats a bit different for the crowd to get behind

Southern clubs didn't like it. Distances too large to justify it as it didn't bring any extra bodies in.

The Edinburgh (Friday), Berwick (Saturday), Glasgow (Sunday), Newcastle (Monday) weekends were legendary.

Bring them back. Maybe have a Northern 4TT with the final at Worky so they can be a neutral venue but join the fun

• Like 1