British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sportsnut

Cardiff Entertainment

Is the Cardiff street entertainment on again and is there still some form of entertainment in the stadium, asking this as returning to Cardiff for the 1st time in 4 years (missed it so much) as now live in Spain.

I think the fanzone IS on again although there are talks thats its on a different street to previously. As for entertainemnt inside the stadium, I assume so as every year for the 14 Ive been going there has been, it is usually announced/advertised nearer the date.

Never ever watch the pre meeting entertainment in the stadium, prefer to watch the street carry on and stay in boozer until as late as possible :)

• Like 2

STUNTER 13 (google him) and a light show will form the pre-meeting entertainment this year. No musical acts. BSI have put their emphasis (and money) on the FanZone, including paying Cardiff City Council a princely sum to close of some of the roads.

Any ideas on which road the Fanzone is going to be on then Mr Rising?...hope its going to be a success after the expense of road closures. Think I had the pleasure of seeing Shunter13 at the Carole Nash Bike Show in Dublin a couple of years ago, when Ben Barker and Stuart Robson attended too....dunno how he will look in such a large space though, we saw him at very close quarters.

Any ideas on which road the Fanzone is going to be on then Mr Rising?...hope its going to be a success after the expense of road closures. Think I had the pleasure of seeing Shunter13 at the Carole Nash Bike Show in Dublin a couple of years ago, when Ben Barker and Stuart Robson attended too....dunno how he will look in such a large space though, we saw him at very close quarters.

FULL details of FanZone in Speedway Star next week but I believe it is closer to the station. Unfortunately the person at BSI in charge of the FanZone is off sick so haven't got all the details yet.

the fanzone is on Wood street this year near the train station

Edited by Mr Blobby

the fanzone is on Wood street this year near the train station

Just a hop, skip and jump from the POW..Good work! :t::approve:

• Like 1

Forget the Entertainment before the GP in the stadium, Im always in AWE everytime watch the fireworks display after the meeting :t:

Forget the Entertainment before the GP in the stadium, Im always in AWE everytime watch the fireworks display after the meeting :t:

GOOD point. When IMG first took over their H&S guys couldn't believe that there would be such a display inside a stadium with the roof closed.

Must admit the whole day is a buzz!! just one point though, I wish they would open the roof b4 the fireworks as the stadium does tend to fill with smoke before the spectacle has ended:) unless of course opening would suck the fireworks up like a chimney... roll on the 12th!!

I have one ticket for sale if anybody is interested, 3rd person in our party is not able to attend.

Edited by spencebel