British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Stoke V Leicester 22/06 Nt

Proud Potter is normally on the ball with the threads but in his absence I thought I would start one !!!!

My prediction is for......Good weather and a great afternoon !!!!

Line ups courtesy of the Leicester Lions Website;

Stoke: 1. Ben Wilson, 2. Chris Widman, 3. Ben Hopwood, 4. Lee Payne, 5. Jon Armstrong, 6. Rob Shuttleworth and 7. Adam Kirby

Leicester: 1. Oliver Greenwood, 2.Dan Greenwood, 3. Max Clegg, 4. Tom Perry, 5. James Sarjeant, 6. Sam Chapman and 7. Tom Woolley

Edited by TMW

Hmmm, thought maybe the Cubs could have included Luke Harris recently dropped by Kent Kings, if The Lion Cubs want a future in the NL, then surely it would be better to offer these rides to Kids without a Team ?.

Hmmm, thought maybe the Cubs could have included Luke Harris recently dropped by Kent Kings, if The Lion Cubs want a future in the NL, then surely it would be better to offer these rides to Kids without a Team ?.

Why is speedway constantly perpetuating replacing riders?

Proud Potter is normally on the ball with the threads but in his absence I thought I would start one !!!!

My prediction is for......Good weather and a great afternoon !!!!

Line ups courtesy of the Leicester Lions Website;

Stoke: 1. Ben Wilson, 2. Chris Widman, 3. Ben Hopwood, 4. Lee Payne, 5. Jon Armstrong, 6. Rob Shuttleworth and 7. Adam Kirby

Leicester: 1. Oliver Greenwood, 2.Dan Greenwood, 3. Max Clegg, 4. Tom Perry, 5. James Sarjeant, 6. Sam Chapman and 7. Tom Woolley

Some big hitters in the Leicester line up with 3 EL Fast Track riders and 2 ex PL doubling up riders so it could be a tough one for the Potters this time.

Why is speedway constantly perpetuating replacing riders?

Because in this instance every rider in the Leicester Team has his own team that he rides for, in the majority of cases 2 x Teams,. Luke Harris does NOT have a Team place, so who needs it most Luke who doesnt have a ride, or another rider where Leicester is his 3rd Team ?

Maybe we should have a 4th League then they can have a 4th team spot, and Luke can watch them.. :wink:

Generally i disagree with replacing BRITISH riders, however this is OUR development League, Leicester dont have their own Team as such, but borrow other Teams riders, so perfectly reasonable to give a 15 year old boy a ride who doesnt currently have a team place.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

Because in this instance every rider in the Leicester Team has his own team that he rides for, in the majority of cases 2 x Teams,. Luke Harris does NOT have a Team place, so who needs it most Luke who doesnt have a ride, or another rider where Leicester is his 3rd Team ?

Maybe we should have a 4th League then they can have a 4th team spot, and Luke can watch them.. :wink:

Generally i disagree with replacing BRITISH riders, however this is OUR development League, Leicester dont have their own Team as such, but borrow other Teams riders, so perfectly reasonable to give a 15 year old boy a ride who doesnt currently have a team place.

I suppose the question is was the team agreed before Harris got dropped do you want to ring Chapman or Woolley and say' sorry but this other lad has become available so sorry but you are no longer in the team'? but I agree maybe he should form part of a future line up. Leicester could do with riders like Luke.

• Like 1

STOKE TAKE ON LEICESTER IN PIVOTAL FIXTURE

Stoke Potters have no easy task in front of them at Loomer Road on Sunday afternoon (3.00 pm) when they face the Leicester Lion Cubs in a crucial National Trophy match that could ensure their progression to the two leg final. That may or may not be determined tomorrow but if Stoke win, their position in the Trophy Table will be virtually unassailable with a victory over the team that are currently their nearest challengers.

Stoke hope to resume where they left off before their defeat at Monmore Green on Tuesday when Cradley Heathens proved too strong for the Potters who gave it their all against a team in top form on their own track. “The boys are determined to do well in this one but Leicester have assembled a very useful side for this competition and we will have to work very hard to make sure that we win it” said Team Manager Malcolm Vasey. “There will undoubtedly be some mouth watering racing on our very much improved surface and the fans from both clubs can expect a top battle with a Final at stake” he added. Reflecting on their first League defeat against Cradley Vasey was adamant that the team would respond with renewed vigour. “We lost to a brilliant performance from Cradley and I doubt any team in the National League will get anything from their visit to Monmore. Over the course of a season many things can happen in Speedway and that was one battle lost with a war left to win. We are onto that starting on Sunday”.

Stoke:

Ben Wilson, Chris Widman, Ben Hopwood, Lee Payne, Jon Armstrong (Captain), Rob Shuttleworth, Adam Kirby.

Leicester:

Oliver Greenwood, Dan Greenwood, Max Clegg, Tom Perry (Captain), James Sarjeant,

Sam Chapman, Tom Woolley

Stoke will be unchanged for the Knockout Cup First Leg match against Kent on Monday (6.30 pm)

Edited by Proud Potter

Luke Harris will be riding in British Youth Champs at Northside tomorrow so not available anyway

Luke Harris will be riding in British Youth Champs at Northside tomorrow so not available anyway

Best of luck to him

I suppose the question is was the team agreed before Harris got dropped do you want to ring Chapman or Woolley and say' sorry but this other lad has become available so sorry but you are no longer in the team'? but I agree maybe he should form part of a future line up. Leicester could do with riders like Luke.

I will , No bother , I can be diplomatic and Just say , well Tom / Sam , the point of this exercise is to see if it is viable to have a national league team properly next year , so we need to be looking at riders who we can build the team from ,rather than busting a gut to win matches with riders who already have team places . Unfortunatley this is the way speedway goes chaps , so it's nothing personal but the leicester supprters may be a little more interested in paying to watch a team that will eventually become their own second team , rather than riders who already have team places and allegiances elsewhere , I do realise that this will cause a little dissapointment , but to be fair the team manager knows very little about speedway at this level and his actual knowledge of speedway comes from the pages of a book of statistics ,

• Like 1

Perhaps Mr Vasey would be so good to give an explanation as to why there was considerable dust from the instant the tapes went up in Heat 1 and in most other heats thereafter?

Perhaps Mr Vasey would be so good to give an explanation as to why there was considerable dust from the instant the tapes went up in Heat 1 and in most other heats thereafter?

I wouldn't normally comment because it just isn't worth it but.........

Probably because it was a baking hot afternoon and it would try the patience of the best track curator to keep that track moist?

Glad you managed to find something to moan about. Did you miss the minimal power cut?

Say what you like about Malcolm. He manages the team like a pro and it is showing in the results not to mention Armo who gave up what he thought was the best gate in ht 15 to Payne to give him the best chance.....

Edited by TMW