British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Birmingham Brummies 25/6/2014

Feel for Birmingham tonight.

They were always going to lose against a full strength Poole side when they had to put out a PL side tonight.

What happened to Ford "not wanting to rob the paying public?"

Maybe that's why he has reduced admission?

Yet cancelled a meeting last year when he had 1 rider missing. Surely he could have just reduced the admission then as well?

• Like 3

Yet cancelled a meeting last year when he had 1 rider missing. Surely he could have just reduced the admission then as well?

It only works if Poole are weakened. :wink:

• Like 2

The Elite league is full of guests and rider replacement this season and they should have seen it coming with all the double uppers and fast track riders etc.

It ends up being one select team vs another select team, did not watch the action tonight so no idea on the crowd but never good for anyone's business when the away team is so poor on paper.

Well just got in from the meeting have to say is was as bad as some of you who have been watching it on 365 have said , the worst part for me is they just couldn't be arsed to water the track it was like a dust bowl from heat 1, this im afraid is not acceptable as the forcast for this week was sunny till at least Thursday, , very poor track prep yet again MF come on get a grip man

Couldn't be arsed to water the track. Bowser apon bowser was poured on to the track all day. Gerrald wanted to put a bit of water down, but was told not to.. I do hope that answers your question..

This is one of several occasions that Matt has made the generous offer to rejuce admission. At the time of going to press, he had no idea that Zumarilik was not going to show, or Nermark was going to break a finger. Or sadly for Birminghams fans the club are in the financial position they are in. Tell me, what club do you support, if you support one, and have your promotion done the same thing? I await you reply with baited breath..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 2

Can't believe people are questioning why Ford called a meeting off last year? It was because Poole would have lost but last night they were always going to win. People praise him for reducing admission! Shows what stat the elite league is in. As for the meeting totally boring on another poor track. Think the elite league should just give up now and give the trophy to Lynn.

• Like 1

According to Danny King the track was `rough ` the Poole riders probably know where the pot holes are..

According to Danny King the track was `rough ` the Poole riders probably know where the pot holes are..

TBF, he can say what he likes. His performance as a 7.5 EL heatleader was shambolic.

Can't believe people are questioning why Ford called a meeting off last year? It was because Poole would have lost but last night they were always going to win. People praise him for reducing admission! Shows what stat the elite league is in. As for the meeting totally boring on another poor track. Think the elite league should just give up now and give the trophy to Lynn.

He apologised to the fans for going to Coventry with a team they were never going to win with only last week... He didn't call that match off did he?

If we went around calling off every poor match this season then we might as well call the season off and announce the winners. I'm not even sure "elite" can legally be used anymore... sounds like false advertising if you ask me.

This is one of several occasions that Matt has made the generous offer to rejuce admission. At the time of going to press, he had no idea that Zumarilik was not going to show, or Nermark was going to break a finger. Or sadly for Birminghams fans the club are in the financial position they are in. Tell me, what club do you support, if you support one, and have your promotion done the same thing? I await you reply with baited breath..

Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

Umm... I support Poole and I was actually sticking up for them. I'm not quite sure what your problem is?...

Edited by Settings
  • Like 2

It only works if Poole are weakened. :wink:

.....and primarily when the Poole paying public would be affected!! :wink:

• Like 1

As they were last night :wink:

• Like 1

As they were last night :wink:

You're obsessed. I bet you have Matt Ford posters all over your house. Probably even got a little Matt Ford shrine with bits of his hair and other stuff you've pulled out of his bin while he's sleeping. Each to their own...

Edited by Settings
  • Like 1

TBF, he can say what he likes. His performance as a 7.5 EL heatleader was shambolic.

Woulden't your performance at work be likewise if you thought you'd be out of a job possibly the next day ?, no Brummie rider is deserving of any flack in the circumstances.

You're obsessed. I bet you have Matt Ford posters all over your house. Probably even got a little Matt Ford shrine with bits of his hair and other stuff you've pulled out of his bin while he's sleeping. Each to their own...

Don`t take it personally. I am sure someone is a fan of your posts also.

Touchy, with a sense of humour by pass.

Don`t take it personally. I am sure someone is a fan of your posts also.

Touchy, with a sense of humour by pass.

Overly sensitive to criticism, Poole obsessed and opinionated to the extent of boring.....But "don't take it personally" steve! :rofl:

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 1