British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fish keeper

Wolves V King's Lynn

Can't understand Niels getting stick for retiring in heat 1. The track was like a mud pie at the start and after staring off gate 4 he was quickly filled in at the back and simply couldn't see when he slowed and removed his goggles and left the track once he saw the 4-2 was in the bag. What's the big deal?

Its not a big deal. I just stated its a bugbear of mine when riders cant be bothered to finish a race. A race is 4 laps not 3 and a bit for ALL 4 riders.

But if a rider has had to remove his goggles in order to see you can't really blame him for packing up.

As a general point though I agree.

What I will say about Robert is the speed he takes into a bend is phenomenal. I'm willing to bet nobody has dived under him going into a bend this season. Given a year or two to polish the rough edges he'll be throwing that bike under other riders and flying past them.

What I will say about Robert is the speed he takes into a bend is phenomenal. I'm willing to bet nobody has dived under him going into a bend this season. Given a year or two to polish the rough edges he'll be throwing that bike under other riders and flying past them.

I agree totaly with you. I know this topic is about wolves kings Lynn, but would like your view on lewis Bridger!

But if a rider has had to remove his goggles in order to see you can't really blame him for packing up.

As a general point though I agree.

He could see for 3 laps!!!!! Another wouldn't have made any difference!

Like i have said, i think its unnecessary unless there is a problem with the bike that means a rider cannot complete the race.

Superb from the Stars last night, a victory due in no small part to some exceptional guest performances from some canny bookings from Rob. Blackbird was superb again, I wouldn't say he made every gate but his moves around and inside opponents on turns 1 and 2 meant he usually hit the back straight in the lead. Quality stuff. As for Max Fricke, I'd heard he was a fan of Monmore before hand, but I was impressed with his determination especially with his elbows out going in between both Wolves riders in one heat. Looks a class act that lad.

Can't understand Niels getting stick for retiring in heat 1. The track was like a mud pie at the start and after staring off gate 4 he was quickly filled in at the back and simply couldn't see when he slowed and removed his goggles and left the track once he saw the 4-2 was in the bag. What's the big deal?

Of course its a big deal. You finish the race.

What if someone had slid off, or had an ef on the final corner?

Made no difference last night, but I would never be happy with a rider doing it on my team.

• Like 1

I agree totaly with you. I know this topic is about wolves kings Lynn, but would like your view on lewis Bridger!

Clearly has a lot of natural flair (and lets not forget he averaged just shy of 5 in his first EL season - and beat Tony Rickardsson and Billy Hamill) but just seems to have got too many bad habits. That taking the the foot of the foot rest crap is annoying. He just lacks consistency, if he could fix that he'd be a bloody good rider.

Made no difference last night, but I would never be happy with a rider doing it on my team.

You're missing the point here, Obviously from your comments you gave last night's meeting a miss. Niels try to stay in contention, despite riding blind, at every opportunity he was trying to clear his vision. Eventually he had to remove his goggle, this was at the start of the last lap, By this time he had distance himself from the back of the pack. Niels was still on the track when the race finished in a 4-2 win for the Wolves. No doubt had someone had fallen off or packed up, I can assure you Niels would have been aware of it and finished the race. As it was, being close to the back to the pits he turned into opening close by. So it wasn't a Big Deal !!!

Can you elaborate please GRW? Can't say I've ever seen him'show off' during a race. I've been impressed with his race day maturity so far.

No, probably I miss wrote what I actually meant . Not meaning he shows off when riding, but remembered the instance when he had stopped during a 3 man race and had to be reminded to finish just to receive the point, and then went on a show -off lap, to give a wheelie demonstration as if he had won the meeting....

just shows you what a load of bollox this fast tracking system is .. when KL can stick the excellent Lewis Blackbird in at guest reserve and he can clean up verses the inept Wolverhampton reserves...

Blackbird was the difference between the 2 sides - had Wolves had him at reserve they would have won the meeting rather than getting smashed...

• Like 1

He saw the race was over before he left the track. He's a professional after all.

just shows you what a load of bollox this fast tracking system is .. when KL can stick the excellent Lewis Blackbird in at guest reserve and he can clean up verses the inept Wolverhampton reserves...

Blackbird was the difference between the 2 sides - had Wolves had him at reserve they would have won the meeting rather than getting smashed...

Whats the difference when teams used to bring in a young foreign ringer on a fake 4 point average that meant they already had one hand on the title?

Only 1 or 2 teams would have gained an advantage each season by getting the best foreigner. To me there is no difference.

Wolves HAD 2 decent reserves in Morris and Jacobs. Blackbird - like Kerr - has helped make all the difference this season.

• Like 1

Absolutely right.

Blackbird coming in for Kerr (who after all has hardly scored any points this season) was the difference last night.

Is it nice on whatever planet you're living on?!?

Kerr scored 7 from 3 completed rides at Monmore earlier on in the season, against a stronger Wolves reserve pairing so to pin Stars success on Blackbird replacing Kerr is a nonsense.

If you are going to be bitter, at least cite the other guest booking Max Fricke as the 'difference' - he was superb last night and his 8 paid 10 haul compares favorably to Porsing's early season score in the reverse fixture when he was riding on the track for the first time.

Bored of whenever a team does well it's down to the FTR system, or when they lose it's down to the FTR system. Speedway is a team sport with numerous factors affecting the results. Last night, perhaps if Pawlicki's engine hadn't ceased in his first ride and Ty Proctor not had bike issues it could have been closer....

• Like 1

stevebrum, the difference is that the fast track boys stay at reserve all season.

And the previous difference was that a rider starting in the main body goes down to reserve - so maintaining the strength.

Lambert is a strange one. Appreciating he is just old enough to ride, he at times is unbelievable, and can easily imagine him as a future World Champion. Other times he seems very immature in his riding and showing off to all and sundry. Hoping he will mature into a top class rider for the future, but as far as I'm concerned the jury out on just good he could be.

But what potential......

Spot on assessment IMO. We only have to look back at the number of "boy wonders" we have seen over the years to realise that being good at 16 doesn't equate to being good at 25. Also we only have to look at the top 3 down the years in the world u/21 championship down the years and see how many of them really kicked on to the top level compered to those who simply remained decent heatleaders.

Talent is not enough in speedway. It takes a huge degree of single-mindedness, dedication, experience, mechanical understanding, and sheer organisational ability. Only time will tell whether Lambert has these other qualities.

• Like 5