British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wilsonpaul198

Lions On Sky

True. That's how I became a Bees fan after supporting the visiting teams for about three years from 1984. It's shocking to think now that I probably even supported Poole at Brandon. :D

Did you think this would sneak under the radar Mrs Gemini!! :o Tut tut :nono:

robert72, could you please answer the question I asked. I would be interested to read your view on numbers needed at BP to make it pay??

As you appear to be setting robert72 up so you can say he's wrong, maybe you could just give us the correct answer.

As you appear to be setting robert72 up so you can say he's wrong, maybe you could just give us the correct answer.

[/quote

I am not setting him up at all !! He made the comment about it not being viable, so I take it he knows how many fans are needed to make it pay? I do not know, but I am interested in what he has to say.

You tell me as you seem so certain you know better than me. I await your numbers.

I do not claim to know anything better than you !! You said there were not enough fans left to make it viable, I just asked the question how many in your opinion was needed to make it profitable? You made the statement so I was assuming you could back up your argument? Clearly you can not, or you would of given a reasonable response by now!! Not a stupid idea that I am trying to catch you out in some way!! Typical, make a sweeping statement but can not back up what you say??

Come on robert72, I am waiting !!! Or have you gone into hiding?? Its a straight forward question, no catches, no naughty motive. Would just like to hear how many people you think are needed at BP to make it viable or profitable ? DH has said on BSP sight roughly how many were at the meetings against Coventry and Wolves. Do you think that is enough? Or not?

Come on robert72, I am waiting !!! Or have you gone into hiding?? Its a straight forward question, no catches, no naughty motive. Would just like to hear how many people you think are needed at BP to make it viable or profitable ? DH has said on BSP sight roughly how many were at the meetings against Coventry and Wolves. Do you think that is enough? Or not?

who cares?

who cares?

I care !!! You clearly did as you had a go at me in an earlier post!! But as I thought you are both full of it until challenged!! All mouth and nothing to back it up !!
  • Like 1

I care !!! You clearly did as you had a go at me in an earlier post!! But as I thought you are both full of it until challenged!! All mouth and nothing to back it up !!

if you are satisfied with the status quo fine,I'm not and that is fine too.....what do you mean about all mouth and nothing to back it up?......the tracks crap and anybody who knows speedway knows that to be true,end of.The whole country will see how bad it is when sky come to town! Edited by mrcts

if you are satisfied with the status quo fine,I'm not and that is fine too.....what do you mean about all mouth and nothing to back it up?......the tracks crap and anybody who knows speedway knows that to be true,end of.The whole country will see how bad it is when sky come to town!

Never said I was happy with everything!! I am not, and have said it before. All mouth from robert72, he makes a very bold statement and when challenged he hides!! It was a simple question from me and he has run away, instead of backing up what he said. Do you think it is viable or profitable with the current crowed levels? My point is if he knows so much about it then just give me some figures, poss points money, shale costs, staff costs ect.
  • Like 1

Well, I'm not Robert but at the moment I'd say Leicester is running with a good profit every week and has been since the track opened. I'm sure Robert will answer eventually with all the facts and figures. :wink:

• Like 1

Never said I was happy with everything!! I am not, and have said it before. All mouth from robert72, he makes a very bold statement and when challenged he hides!! It was a simple question from me and he has run away, instead of backing up what he said. Do you think it is viable or profitable with the current crowed levels? My point is if he knows so much about it then just give me some figures, poss points money, shale costs, staff costs ect.

I totally agree,the crowd levels are pretty good......but just think how many more they would get if the track was more conducive to competitive racing.

OK I"ll have a go. I"m sure that all you smart a.... will tell me im talking rubbish. In my opinion for Leicester lions..............

2000 attendance x £16= £32,000 (top heavy. no concessions). 4 francishes maybe £250 each = £1000. Programmes,50/50 draw,shop and club bar, maybe £3000. So on an average night income maybe £36,000. So maybe on average £400 per point to top 5 riders and £150 per point for FTR. Home win with possibly 5 bonus points at ave £150. So total points pay for 47 point win, 40 from top 5 and 7 from reserve = £18,000. If the pounds per is less then the profit more!! Don't forget sponsorship,TV money. No issues with promoters etc making a profit for all their hard work but again,were is the transparity??

WHAT YOU ALL THINK LOL ???

OK I"ll have a go. I"m sure that all you smart a.... will tell me im talking rubbish. In my opinion for Leicester lions..............

2000 attendance x £16= £32,000 (top heavy. no concessions). 4 francishes maybe £250 each = £1000. Programmes,50/50 draw,shop and club bar, maybe £3000. So on an average night income maybe £36,000. So maybe on average £400 per point to top 5 riders and £150 per point for FTR. Home win with possibly 5 bonus points at ave £150. So total points pay for 47 point win, 40 from top 5 and 7 from reserve = £18,000. If the pounds per is less then the profit more!! Don't forget sponsorship,TV money. No issues with promoters etc making a profit for all their hard work but again,were is the transparity??

You forgot VAT?! and all the other costs, staff etc

You forgot VAT?! and all the other costs, staff etc

Yeh course..........unfortunately I"m not an accountant. However I believe 99% staff are volunteers! Even so I believe that all clubs accounts must be visable.!! We need to know whether or not speedway can advance with the correct financing! Or do we end up with a league full of bankrupt clubs. What comes first.....Sustainable speedway or do we buy a bigger bucket of sand to bury our heads?????

Speedway finances have ALWAYS been shrouded in some sort of secrecy in this Country...... WHEN was the last time league clubs announced official attendances along with team results??????

Speedway finances have ALWAYS been shrouded in some sort of secrecy in this Country...... WHEN was the last time league clubs announced official attendances along with team results??????

They will never do that, too much undeclared cash in their bins .. :wink:

Lets force them..........even if it means contacting Tax dept, Local MP etc I assume all are registered companies???? or do they just deal with cash at the door.... Unacceptable!! I want my speedway structured, successful and totally transparent!!!!! I want the people who are ruining sorry running (slip of the tongue)our sport to be totally accountable. I demand operators to be fit for purpose!!We want our clubs to succeed. They can only do that by being openly accountable!!!! We can only do this together. HOW DO WE BEGIN?????

I think if you're spending 18k on points for home meetings, you're probably speeding 12k at away tracks. Suddenly your profit ain't great.