British Speedway Forum
jenga

Pl Ambulances, Medics Or Just Plain Lies.

first of all we had the ambulance thig at workington , where it was reported that the nearest ambulance was 66 MILES away . when it turned out to be MINATES. .. could have been 66 SMILES away.

then we had the doctor at berwick who turned out to be drunk and a high profile rider blasting it all over the internet. still not sure who was drunk doc, medic os richard for letting it be common knowledge..

now we have robbo reported to have a broken pelvis, 2 broken vertibre .. put on the forum by a fan who turns out to be a doctor , NOT. such stories are pure speculation and should be in the joke section. (as this post will be put ther by the mod and rockers)..what ever next, a man on the moon. what do yer mean, its been done..

first of all we had the ambulance thig at workington , where it was reported that the nearest ambulance was 66 MILES away . when it turned out to be MINATES. .. could have been 66 SMILES away.

then we had the doctor at berwick who turned out to be drunk and a high profile rider blasting it all over the internet. still not sure who was drunk doc, medic os richard for letting it be common knowledge..

now we have robbo reported to have a broken pelvis, 2 broken vertibre .. put on the forum by a fan who turns out to be a doctor , NOT. such stories are pure speculation and should be in the joke section. (as this post will be put ther by the mod and rockers)..what ever next, a man on the moon. what do yer mean, its been done..

Think you need to retract Drunk bit? See Berwick website update. Too many people jump on other folks social media columns

Think you need to retract Drunk bit? See Berwick website update. Too many people jump on other folks social media columns

Well there you go then, its on the Berwick site so clearly that must be the real facts

I have no idea what went on as I suspect others don't as well but all this seems a bit dodgy

Anyway aren't mobile phones banned in the pits and on the centre green for riders and officials ??

Anyway aren't mobile phones banned in the pits and on the centre green for riders and officials ??

Regulation 8.7 At least one Member of the Medical Team must have a mobile telephone in working order. .......

• Like 1

the idea of the post was to try and get people (fans etc) to post facts and not lies or i heard.it on good authority ..posts...

Edited by jenga

the idea of the post was to try and get people (fans etc) to post facts and not lies or i heard.it on good authority ..posts...

It's going to be a very quiet forum then :)

• Like 1

Well, your first post didn't get things off to a good start then.

:rolleyes:

http://www.berwickbandits.co/article/bandits-boss-apologises

Well there you go then, its on the Berwick site so clearly that must be the real facts

I have no idea what went on as I suspect others don't as well but all this seems a bit dodgy

Sorry Chris I dont know full story either but someone should not just say Doc (Medic) was drunk. I dont think we will ever know but it is a bit harsh to just say he was? Sorry I dont get your note on mobile phones?

just read the berwick statement .. where did richard lawson get the idea from that the doc/medic was drunk.. the relief medic could not have been drunk as he had driven 40 miles to rescue the berwick meeting.. mr lawson needs to be talked to to find out where he got his imfo about the medic being drunk.. it is not mentioned in the statement at all..

• Like 1

just read the berwick statement .. where did richard lawson get the idea from that the doc/medic was drunk.. the relief medic could not have been drunk as he had driven 40 miles to rescue the berwick meeting.. mr lawson needs to be talked to to find out where he got his imfo about the medic being drunk.. it is not mentioned in the statement at all..

I would think the last thing Richard will want is to be talked to about this, he'll be hoping it all gets forgotten.

First-class statement from John Anderson, by the way.

• Like 3

that does'nt necessarily mean that he was'nt, lol

• Like 1

Sorry Chris I dont know full story either but someone should not just say Doc (Medic) was drunk. I dont think we will ever know but it is a bit harsh to just say he was? Sorry I dont get your note on mobile phones?

When I was in the pits on race night at Oxford I was always told that no member of official staff was able to have their mobile phone turned on, the post said that the Medic took a call on their mobile from a family member.....................they should not have had their mobile on, that was my query

Since then it has been posted that the rule in fact says that one member of the medical team should have a mobile phone in working order. That negates the point I was making........................still I guess the rule was not brought in so people could personal calls

You are right that we will never know the truth but seems there are two polar opposites, a rider rightly or wrongly saying one thing and the promotion rightly or wrongly saying something completely different.

I guess we can all make our own judgement on that basis

I would have thought the first and only priority of any medic at a meeting would be the safety and well being of those within the stadium, first and foremost.

Therefore, they should not be getting involved in anything during that meeting that can affect their ability to fulfil this responsibility. Similar to being in a business meeting, phones are switched off so that people are fully focussed on the matters in hand. (Even golf courses ban phones in case you get hit by a stray shot!)

I don't know the full facts, but if he/she was accepting calls of a personal nature they would not have been fully focussed on the matters in hand.

If, and I say "if", they had issues before the meeting which they knew beforehand could affect their ability to fulfil their role, then they should have declined the offer to attend in favour of someone else who could do the job to the required standards.

What if a life or death situation happened on the track or on the terraces where a few seconds/minutes could be the difference between life and death and he/she was on their phone? If the unfortunate happened due to this, what type of conversation would we be having on this forum now?

• Like 3

I would think the last thing Richard will want is to be talked to about this, he'll be hoping it all gets forgotten.

First-class statement from John Anderson, by the way.

Agreed - excellent statement.

http://www.berwickbandits.co/article/bandits-boss-apologises

However.......it certainly does seem to contradict Richard Lawsons ascertion that the person in question was drunk:

"............the Medical Officer in control of the event became unwell to the extent he chose to leave the stadium, taking – I believe – a taxi to Alnwick to collect his car (he had travelled up with our First Aid Team) and then back to his Tyneside base”

“The Paramedic had just attended to our rider Matej Kus, who was himself feeling ill, and had instructed that Matej could not continue riding. An ambulance was called to assist Matej and further assess his condition – but this in no way would have prevented a continuation of racing had the Medical Officer not then excused himself and departed shortly afterwards”.

The club has, as a matter of courtesy spoken to the Paramedic since the weekend to check on his well-being and he has apologised for having to withdraw in such circumstances.

It appears -- and we do not wish to breach confidences -- he is experiencing acute personal emotional problems which were severely compounded by a family telephone call during the meeting, which affected him to such an extent he felt no longer able to carry out his official duties."

So he either wasn't drunk or was guilty of drink driving?