British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

So sad to loose the Brummies,but to people banging on about the team. Alan Phillips did not put the team together Graham Dury did,and he was supposed to know what he was doing Phillips tried to strenthen the team after Dury jumped ship.

Are you Allan Phillips' Mother?

I've genuinely loved working at Birmingham in no small part due to the fantastic fans. We may be a few grand down but the fans may have lost speedway again for who knows how long. I hope something's sorted for 2015 and if so I'd be thrilled to be a part of it again 👍

• Like 2

Very sad to hear that it's finally happened. I hope that speedway will be back at Birmingham next season, even if it's PL.

Alan Phillips Statement: On Tuesday 8 July, out of frustration,I appointed joint administrators to attempt rescue. GRA, BSPA SCB all failed to respond to them. Sorry to all Brum fans.

He said he had money to clear the debt, and chose not to, which no doubt put off potential new owners...

Two words Alan Phillips, the second is "off".

As an interesting adjunct to all this, it is interesting to see the third page of the current Swindon programme refers to "Swindon Speedway 2013 Ltd." It doesn't take much to read into this that they went bust last year and started a new limited company to run the show but were lucky enough to have people to actually come up with the money to perform a rebirth-we were very lucky, unfortunately the poor Brummies fans have been let down by empty promises.

So sad to loose the Brummies,but to people banging on about the team. Alan Phillips did not put the team together Graham Dury did,and he was supposed to know what he was doing Phillips tried to strenthen the team after Dury jumped ship.

So wrong

You could have had best 7 in league.

Irrelevant in this case, if promotion failed to pay supplier bills whilst merrily accepting sponsorship/admission money/BSPA hand outs then it was always going to end in tears.

• Like 3

Very sad to hear that it's finally happened. I hope that speedway will be back at Birmingham next season, even if it's PL.

Totally saddened by this Announcement. I only hope, as I said earlier that Birmingham 'Brummies' can be resurrected in the Premier League. The League they never should have left in the first place.

Mjolnir - Thor's Hammer. The Premier League is a good place to be.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

Totally saddened by this Announcement. I only hope, as I said earlier that Birmingham 'Brummies' can be resurrected in the Premier League. The League they never should have left in the first place.

We have got to keep the faith, its hard on day like this but ALOT of people fought hard over 20 years and we cant let it go without a fight. The fans raised £10k to save the club, and it shows that many people care about and hopefully that shows to a prospective promoter about bringing it back next year. Speedway at a lower level is still viable at Perry Barr and we have got to believe we will be back March 2015.

Lovely 14 plate Merc and lush office furniture on display in West Midlands, money well spent!

And on the new pub in Redditch it seems

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 3

Another track closed, hopefully only temporarily. Feel deeply for the Brummies fans. Hope they can come back in the near future at a sustainable level of racing.

• Like 1

My heart goes out to the Birmingham fans and riders.

The uncertainty of where my club could be in couple years time is horrible so I can't even imagine how you must be feeling now.

Really hope something can be sorted to get Birmingham back racing next year. Will be a big loss :(

Well done to Mick Horton & Coventry for their kind gesture.

• Like 6