British Speedway Forum
Cliffeboy

Somerset V Berwick 27.06.14

They can bike share jobs agoodun

Seem to remember Mitch scored a good few points down there

He did.

Weather forecast is shocking. Looks like I'll be spending half the day being dragged around Meadowhall Shopping Centre

Damn it. Was hoping I could get around to starting this topic off as it is one of the highlight meetings of the season for me - my childhood home town team versus my adulthood hometown team.

After the Bandits 2013 season it is refreshing to see a new look, more ambitious team who seem to be holding their own with some good results so far and arguably looking stronger as the season continues. It is a shame that they come to the OTA depleted so if the Rebels do take the win it will be considered an expectation rather than a result.

Looking forward to seeing Vissng on track again, wonder boy Jensen and some good racing. Hopefully the Highbridge microclimate works in our favour.

Make alternative plans folks

Looks like a day around Meadowhall for you Shads.........enjoy, and see you soon

Meeting off as you have already gathered

http://www.somersetrebels.co/news.php?extend.1231

Yeah, we had the message through around 9am. Hopefully a quick whizz round Mothercare, then it's off daaan saaaf. I'm sure we'll be down for the rearranged date in September.

Interesting to read that Plymouth are still running tonight. Must be very localised rain in the West Country

Edited by Shadders

Looks like a day around Meadowhall for you Shads.........enjoy, and see you soon

Meeting off as you have already gathered

Yeah, we had the message around 9am. Hopefully just a quick whizz round Mothercare, then it's back dan saaaf. I'm sure we'll be back for the rearranged date in September.

Interesting to see Plymouth saying their meeting is on tonight. Must be very localised rain in the West Country

http://www.somersetrebels.co/news.php?extend.1231

Cancelled, everyone going to Glastonbury, to enjoy something that carries on in the rain :drink::drink:

Yeah, we had the message through around 9am. Hopefully a quick whizz round Mothercare, then it's off daaan saaaf. I'm sure we'll be down for the rearranged date in September.

Interesting to read that Plymouth are still running tonight. Must be very localised rain in the West Country

I believe the weather was bad down to the south of us yesterday, as I know the stuff we have had this morning was what occurred in Devon and Cornwall yesterday, pity it couldn't have come a day earlier.

Although the forecast for the area around the OTA is far from good for later today as well............As Tourettes said, typical Glasto weather unfortunately :cry:

Damn it. Was hoping I could get around to starting this topic off as it is one of the highlight meetings of the season for me - my childhood home town team versus my adulthood hometown team.

After the Bandits 2013 season it is refreshing to see a new look, more ambitious team who seem to be holding their own with some good results so far and arguably looking stronger as the season continues. It is a shame that they come to the OTA depleted so if the Rebels do take the win it will be considered an expectation rather than a result.

Looking forward to seeing Vissng on track again, wonder boy Jensen and some good racing. Hopefully the Highbridge microclimate works in our favour.

Sorry I stole your thunder WM but there have been a few comments on here recently about how slow as Rebels are in getting our home games up.You need to be quicker out of the traps..........
  • Like 1

Beautiful, sunny evening now, blue sky - perfect for speedway. Too little, too late though. Just a shame that we had so much wet stuff in the previous 36 hours. :cry:

Has Stuart Robson recovered to guest next Friday?

Not yet OT. Newcastle have a guest for him tonight at Scunny. We may have to look elsewhere next week.

Maybe Vissing or Fisher?

Edited by Barney Rebel

Not yet OT. Newcastle have a guest for him tonight at Scunny. We may have to look elsewhere next week.

Maybe Vissing or Fisher?

Stuart is back on Sunday at Newcastle.

Sorry I stole your thunder WM but there have been a few comments on here recently about how slow as Rebels are in getting our home games up.You need to be quicker out of the traps..........

Ha ha. Not known for my speed (kinetic or supply).

Beautiful, sunny evening now, blue sky - perfect for speedway. Too little, too late though. Just a shame that we had so much wet stuff in the previous 36 hours. :cry:

Had been torrential with thunder and lightning from late morning to mid afternoon. The back garden was waterlogged which is a certain sign of a lot of rain. The track would have been way beyond raceable. Hopefully both teams will be at full strength when they finally meet.

Cancelled, everyone going to Glastonbury, to enjoy something that carries on in the rain :drink::drink:

they actually shut down the main stage late afternoon due to the weather,