British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bolly

Rye House V Redcar 28.06.13

i very much doubt it!!!

Can't ever see that happening. The rent for the new promotion would be a huge stumbling block and I assume Silver would still want all the income from the catering. Wouldn't be financially viable. Edited by Shadders

Why is the track not raked between heats now, there were be a number of track staff who used to do this, but it doesn't happen any more.

Can someone tell my why?

The rakes stopped working and the bulk order of dustpan & brush sets will be placed with Wilkinsons when the financial situation permits.

http://www.wilko.com/sweeping-brushing+dusting/wilko-functional-dustpanbrush-set/invt/0189805

i very much doubt it!!!

Of course he would if it meant an income for him, profits from food and drink and a sizeable rent. Now who would be the idiot to take that on, having to pay rent, assemble a team probably from scratch and accept that a prospective crowd with a winning team would be unlikely to attract 500 fans. Not viable i think. In the current state of affairs Silver is in a catch twenty two situation keep it cheap run with a poor side and lose a few fans week in week out or attempt to bring in costly foreign riders, assemble a decent team in the hope of the gates increasing. Think i know which option he will go for.

• Like 1

One of the main reasons I have cut back at rye this season is the poor state of the stadium. The awful viewing from the bends, the jungle growing on the second bend, the hazardous state of the back straight, and other areas where I once stood are obstructed by the air fence. Now not all of this is lens fault but the stadium is starting to look like a dump. Add to all of this the poor state of the track whose tolerance to water is zero. I am not alone in feeling like this and a lot of rye regulars I know have already jumped ship. Now This is not an anti Len rant, it's just my opinion.

Edited by cityrebel
  • Like 2

One of the main reasons I have cut back at rye this season is the poor state of the stadium. The awful viewing from the bends, the jungle growing on the second bend, the hazardous state of the back straight, and other areas where I once stood are obstructed by the air fence. Now not all of this is lens fault but the stadium is starting to look like a dump. Add to all of this the poor state of the track whose tolerance to water is zero. I am not alone in feeling like this and a lot of rye regulars I know have already jumped ship. Now this not an anti Len rant, it's just my opinion.

Add to that the poor quality of the fish from the chip bar (to my eye it looks like frozen breaded) and you can see how the place is slowly going to the dogs. Saying that, all I want is a winning team. I can eat before or after the speedway.

Can I just add that the track shop has improved 100% since the new people took over. If only they sold Rye House baby grows

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

You would have thought Rye House would have known about the Colombia Uruguay match in advance and not left it till this late in the day to call match off. Very shoddy :wink:

I mentioned a possible clash several days ago. The possibility of England progressing would have resulted in a fixture either Saturday at 9pm or today same time. If Rye's fixture had been put back to this afternoon, there would have been no clash, nor one against the Danish GP and would have gone ahead due to better weather conditions.

Add to that the poor quality of the fish from the chip bar (to my eye it looks like frozen breaded) and you can see how the place is slowly going to the dogs. Saying that, all I want is a winning team. I can eat before or after the speedway.

Can I just add that the track shop has improved 100% since the new people took over. If only they sold Rye House baby grows

they don't make them in your size do they shads!!!

they don't make them in your size do they shads!!!

Don't touch the stuff these days. Healthy eating and all that. Was in the fish & chip game for over 24 years and I know a decent bit of cod when I see it. The stuff they serve at Rye I wouldn't feed to pigs. Baby grows I've been promised by the track shop people. Fingers crossed. Missus already had Bandits stuff for the new arrival. Edited by Shadders

Missus already had Bandits stuff for the new arrival.

Little hoodie ready to put on when we take them home. Will be cold in late November/early December :wink:

I was thinking the same shads, if the away riders are on tour some effort should be made to save the meeting.

Fingers crossed next weekend when we are on the Comets Southern Tour bus , taking in a Somerset on Friday night ;-)

Ha, so we had redcar v rye called off because of a football match in Brazil, then rye v redcar called off because it might rain, but it didn't, next week in doubt because tescos are running low on frozen fish.

• Like 1