British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Coventry Bees (wed 2nd July 2014)

Yeah at home but not so easy for away meetings!

Yeah at home but not so easy for away meetings!

All meetings have to agreed to by both teams, even those away.

So how come last night's meeting took place if neither club agreed to it?

I can't understand why the Coventry Promotion even agreed for their team to turn up with such a weakened side if I'm honest; particularly given that League Points are more important to The Bees than Kings Lynn at this moment in time.

As we all know, the spineless numpties at the SCB would not have been able to take any action whatsoever.

The precedent was set on 22nd May 2013.

I'm sure that we all remember who by.........and what it enabled them to subsequently do.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1

So how come last night's meeting took place if neither club agreed to it?

Both teams would have had to agree on the fixture before it was accepted. Once excepted it then scheduled into the fixture lists

There are the usual reasons where by in can be cancelled ie. weather. but once scheduled, only the home team can call it off, but only then after consultation with the your opponent.

A great deal of work and liaisons goes into compiling the fixture list. so every opportunity needs to be explored before any meeting is cancelled. Last night was not ideal, and unfortunate in that it happened. It was pleasing to still see a good turnout, and that Buster nor Lynn suffered from this pathetic situation. Not wanting to put too finer point on this, and bearing in mind he tried to change it late on, the blunt stops squarely at Horton's doorstep. Too little Too late is no excuse for the trouble he caused for so many people.

It's not the system that's wrong, just the people not being on the ball..........

Strange how the Coventry management are not defending themselves to all these accusations. So many matches being won or lost off the track, so sick of the politics of the BSPA, fans are being treated with contempt, total incompetents so much self interest from the lot of them, bunch of idiots, overseeing a dying sport, which at its best is brilliant.

• Like 1

Not a bad meeting racing-wise after heat 7 so glad I went. Up to then tho I was beginning to wonder as it was just gate and go.

Some great moves/ passes by Niklas, Robert and Niels and for me the best 'Bee' was Lasse Bjerre - his battle in ht8 with Lambert the best of the night imo. Harris did much as I'd expected having only one good ride when he gated in ht15. Garrity was ok but Hansen was dire. The other 2 guests battled hard but I'm amazed neither was replaced by Garrity in their last rides. Mind you he'd had 2 goes at Lewis Rose already so maybe that was for the best.

Crowd was about normal - better than last week I think - but no surprise really I suppose as I'd be surprised if 10% of the crowd read the speedway forums.

Wouldn't have thought Cov would get close to getting a point tonight tho even with a full team, but there'd have likely been a few more close races. Even so - not a bad meeting by any means to watch, and arguably better than Eastbourne last week!

With you on all you say there Star Fever, it was better than I think anybody expected it to be. Hope Lewis Rose is okay, because I thought Jason Garrity was lucky that the referee was lenient to say the least with him.

• Like 1

Surprised there was a decent turnout. Not the best we've had, but a long way from the worst.

Why do politics, always have to get in the way.....

Well said.

Whilst some whine and whinge about all that is wrong with the sport and suggest people don't go as a protest................................... others (and a fair turn out considering) just went and watched a good match with some decent racing.

It always amazes me that season after season people moan on and on about something that happens and has been happening for many a season now.

Of course that doesn't excuse `weakened` line ups but it is a necessary evil (for ALL tiers).

Season after season people say the same thing - its ruining speedway, the EL is dying, blah de blah.

In other news some just go to watch and Speedway match and enjoy the racing. Keep it simple then its easy. :t:

• Like 7

I have to reply to Shale Searcher, he misses the point completely. The Elite League is supposed to be what it says Elite. There are not enough riders of the standard to make the Elite British riders only. You only have to look at recent years in the The World Cup. So to keep up the Elite standard we have to have foreign riders, which covers European riders, Aussies etc. When these riders are obliged to ride in their respective meetings abroad the relevant clubs should be able to replace like for like not three below 6 point riders as happened the other night at Kings Lynn. All supporters pay at the gate to see exciting Speedway racing not teams made up of inferior(I apologise for using that phrase) riders.There is no other way Speedway could exist without the guest system. What is wrong are the regulations that BSPA enforce that such as the other night a team is obliged to ride three under 6 point Premier League riders. This reduces the spectacle for both sets of supporters. Although a Coventry supporter I was a regular at Birmingham and regrettably I saw the writing on the wall right from the start of the season. Speedway has to be made attractive spectacle for supporters and unlike you the future if Speedway can't put his head in the sand with ideas such as banning foreign riders (even if you could legally). Speedway is a failing Sport and we should be looking at wats to further it, Birmingham appear to be gone (hope I am wrong) Eastbourne up for sale, come on take those blinkered glasses off and be realistic or there won't be Speedway to support. Have great sympathy for Brummie supporters, riders who haven't been paid and anyone who has lost money on the demise of the Brummies. Finally I do have a hobby horse about Speedway tracks, in majority the supporter cannot see the workings of the riders in the pits as there is no such facility incorporated int these tracks. Much is learnt by following goings on in the pits.

I have to reply to Shale Searcher, he misses the point completely. The Elite League is supposed to be what it says Elite. There are not enough riders of the standard to make the Elite British riders only. You only have to look at recent years in the The World Cup. So to keep up the Elite standard we have to have foreign riders, which covers European riders, Aussies etc. When these riders are obliged to ride in their respective meetings abroad the relevant clubs should be able to replace like for like not three below 6 point riders as happened the other night at Kings Lynn. All supporters pay at the gate to see exciting Speedway racing not teams made up of inferior(I apologise for using that phrase) riders.There is no other way Speedway could exist without the guest system. What is wrong are the regulations that BSPA enforce that such as the other night a team is obliged to ride three under 6 point Premier League riders. This reduces the spectacle for both sets of supporters. Although a Coventry supporter I was a regular at Birmingham and regrettably I saw the writing on the wall right from the start of the season. Speedway has to be made attractive spectacle for supporters and unlike you the future if Speedway can't put his head in the sand with ideas such as banning foreign riders (even if you could legally). Speedway is a failing Sport and we should be looking at wats to further it, Birmingham appear to be gone (hope I am wrong) Eastbourne up for sale, come on take those blinkered glasses off and be realistic or there won't be Speedway to support. Have great sympathy for Brummie supporters, riders who haven't been paid and anyone who has lost money on the demise of the Brummies. Finally I do have a hobby horse about Speedway tracks, in majority the supporter cannot see the workings of the riders in the pits as there is no such facility incorporated int these tracks. Much is learnt by following goings on in the pits.

So, not enough quality British riders to fill all the places in the EL then, there is the problem, yep!!

For years now, EL and PL promoters have been filling the lower team positions with over hyped, average, expensive, foreign riders....

Now, with the FTDR system, we will have nearly enough much improved British kids, that will be able to hold down 2nd string positions in the 2015 elite league, so there's potential to dump around 8 mediocre, expensive, foreign riders in 2015

In response to the quote that I once replaced Hans Nielsen at Kings Lynn, I have never ridden in the same team as Hans Nielsen. So would never have replaced him. When I was with Coventry, he was at Oxford.

Edited by Lee Coleman

Could someone who was at this meeting confirm from a programme who was in yellow in heat 12 please?

Could someone who was at this meeting confirm from a programme who was in yellow in heat 12 please?

James Sarjeant