British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Kent V Kings Lynn Mon 30th June 6-30 Pm

Day of the meeting and thread not started on here, is the interest on the wane ? No Simon Lambert riding for Birmingham at Belle vue so this is going to be that much harder for the Kent side,have not heard yet if we have a guest or using r/r ?? any one know ? We will need all the team firing on all cylinders to get a result... Added attraction today is the Bronze helmet match race between the two top rated riders on the day,, one from each side

The Kings' website has an update about tonight. Disappointingly, we've opted for R/R for Lambert. We'd have been stronger with a (good) guest, I think. No other changers for Kings. However, King's Lynn have booked in Widman for the retired Kyle Hughes, and are also using R/R for Darren Mallett. We've got another tough one on our hands this week.

Simon Lamberts average has dropped dramatically recently ,,although he is back on song now ,it may have been difficult to get a guest under that low average that would have been worth while,,its a no win situation im afraid,, no way can we get anywhere near the points he would probably scored..,

On way back from Heathrow and planning on dropping into meeting! But have gone thru some seriously heavy showers both ways! How's it looking in sittingbourne? I'm just leaving clacket lane services now?

I fear the worst for tonight result wise. Anyway, whistles at the ready!

I think King's Lynn are going to face an uphill battle tonight, even though Kent are riding shorthanded too. Hope I'm wrong, but I'll be surprised if the points find their way to Norfolk this evening.

Day of the meeting and thread not started on here, is the interest on the wane ? No Simon Lambert riding for Birmingham at Belle vue so this is going to be that much harder for the Kent side,have not heard yet if we have a guest or using r/r ?? any one know ? We will need all the team firing on all cylinders to get a result... Added attraction today is the Bronze helmet match race between the two top rated riders on the day,, one from each side

Becoming Victor Meldrew and not going to Kent tonight. Went last week and the racing was, well, not very good. With travel costs, poor presentation, [just like Rye House] admission and no Lambert I just don't fancy it. Hardly missed a meeting there last year, like many others becoming disorientated with speedway in general.Its a great shame as I've been a speedway supporter for many many years.

Last season we had the Mason/Compton/Kirby shenanigans,Silver need to change the lower team end of the team this season seems strange.I thought young Luke Harris was worthy of a reserve spot.

Wish I lived nearer Wolverhampton, that's where i'd be every Tuesday to go and watch Cradley each week. Good race track and fantastic presentation, thats all I want, is that so much to ask for?

Young Ben Morley's form seems to have dipped in the last few weeks so lets hope he's on top form tonight. Mason, Chessell and Aaron Baseby will need to be winning races with the reserves scoring a few.

Rose, Cockle and to a lesser extent Widman and Owen will need to score points and with R/R for Darren Mallett could be there weak link. So the armchair supporter who has decided to watch Uncle Bob's lot on the tele instead of Kent predicts a Kent win and for the record a Eastbourne win to.

• Like 1

Well done 'Young Stars', a better result than I thought it would be. So now we can look forward to putting Coventry in their place this Friday....BRING IT ON!!.

It said on the updates 'best meeting in Central park history'. Suppose when you have 2 equally matched teams it can be done

Well looks like I missed I good meeting. Got both the Kent and Eastbourne predications wrong :-)

Was a good meeting, best I've seen at Kent. Track is much better, with Marc Owen providing most of the entertainment with several overtaking manoeuvres around the ouside on T4.

Well done to Jason Garrad who won is first race as a King. Judging by his rapid improvement in the MDL at Rye House, think he will be a good signing.

Congratulations to Ben on becoming the new holder of the Bronze Helmet. Needed a big score from him tonight and he stepped up to the plate

Well just got back and wow!!! All I can say! That was one Hell of a meeting! Massive well done to all riders for putting on without doubt the best meeting at central park! Great racing, some good overtaking, especially from Marc Owen, and never 2pts between the teams all meeting! Great advert for the sport and in particular the national league! The draw was the fair result I think with all the effort put in, tho have to say from where I was sitting I think we can feel a little bit hard done by with THAT decision in heat 15? Lol! But happy enough with the draw in the end.

David Mason put in another great captains performance and must of felt hard done by in last heat? Was very impressed with Aaron Baseby too! And was good to see Luke pull of the heat win in ht14 over Marc Owen. Pleased to see Jason Garrad get his first win too? Struggled a bit after that but looked good at times so promise there that's for sure! And well done Ben on winning the bronze helmet!

So then! Who makes way for Benji??? Have to say my money wud b on Luke as can't see any other way of fitting him in? But can see it being a very unpopular decision? If it is him then it's going to give us a very strong top 5 and can see no reason why we won't make the play offs? But time will tell I suppose and will b interesting Wat happens in next couple of days?

• Like 4

Best meeting at central park in two seasons ,,the stay aways missed a cracker,,,.Draw was a fair result,, Close racing with some round the boards passes from man of the match Young Stars Marc Owen ..A number Ones performance from Ben Morley 14+1 having had his engines tuned this week made the difference, and now holder of the Bronze helmet which he will have to defend at Stoke on sat , well done... David Mason 12 points And Aaron Baseby 9 both were solid all meeting,,Luke Chessel 5+1 finally came good in heat 14 holding the impressive Marc Owen to win the race but his lack of consistancy could see him being the one to make way for Benji Compton on his anticipated return soon unless we can drop a reserve to fit him in. seems unlikely..After a good start byJason Garrad winning heat 2 the reserves struggled a bit as expected ,,, Marcs perfomance round here today proved you can pass round here if you have the bottle to go for it and he was rewarded with a crack at the Bronze helmet Bens superior gating just seeing him home in an exciting encounter ,,Topping off a great meeting

• Like 4

Boy was that a superb meeting!

Now that i have calmed down about Mason's exclusion in heat 15, i suppose i would have to say that the result was fair. Who am i kidding? We were robbed and the ref should be snapped up to appear in the new Specsavers TV advert campaign! ;)

I thought Mason, Baseby, Rose and in particular, Marc Owen rode brilliantly. When i buy a speedway team Marc Owen will be getting a call #sign-him-up

I'll be watching like a hawk as the Central Park merry-go-round continues with the return of crowd favourite Benji Compton.

BUZZING!

TWG

• Like 1