British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marcelle

Sheffield V Rye House 02/07

This is surely last chance saloon for half our team, a poor show against The Rockets and heads will have to roll....the only thing is who's available to bring in....anyway I think We'll overcome our southern visitors..maybe 50-40....you up for this Shadders?

Yes mate, I'm coming up for the second week running. Not expecting much. Reckon you're prediction will be about right.

Yes mate, I'm coming up for the second week running. Not expecting much. Reckon you're prediction will be about right.

Come and say hello,I stand next to the track shop, under the announcers box, I'm fat, bald, wear specs and usually wear a Rock T-Shirt..Springsteen,Rainbow,Whitesnake,UFO, Thin Lizzy etc...Names Tony.

If the Rockets get 40 i would be delighted. Too often in previous years we were on the wrong end of a thumping. Don't expect us to get anything to continue our decent run there but for me it's always worth a trip for some good racing. Hope we get a good meeting and no injuries.

Come and say hello,I stand next to the track shop, under the announcers box, I'm fat, bald, wear specs and usually wear a Rock T-Shirt..Springsteen,Rainbow,Whitesnake,UFO, Thin Lizzy etc...Names Tony.

Male, or female?
  • Like 8

Can't wait for my Thursday fix, enjoyed last week, good track prep hard riding just a pity about the draw. I feel we are turning the corner and can see a good win for the tigers. Safe meeting for all.

Just hope we put up a fight and not embarrass ourselves like we did at Somerset.

Edited by Shadders

Just hope we put up a fight and not embarrass ourselves like we did at Somerset.

If we ride like we have been recently, this will be a close one !!!
  • Like 1

Yeah, it depends on which Sheffield team turns up!

Depends if anyone turns up. Is the match on 3 July, and not 02/07 as per thread header?

• Like 1

Can only really see a Sheffield win here. Reason for a partial success last season I think was Simons Lamberts best meeting for Rye and a track that suits his style, but of course he's at Workington now. The last time I saw a team meeting at Sheffield was probably in 2007. Had a couple of visits to the PLRC and the Ben meeting but league action for me tomorrow.

Bunyan should go well at Sheffield I would have thought, Garrity of course picked up a season ending injury at Sheffield last season, I'd think he's more than capable of picking up a few points, as is Kennett, Boxall and Tres. Bowen will pick a few up and depending on if Stefan Nielsen rides or a NL guest Rye may be in with a shout of picking up a point,

Prides always at stake and although Rye Houses season is already over, I'm sure the team will try their best and hopefully will be rewarded of at least a point, but it has been known for me to be completely wrong. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sheffield's Website reads.

Rye House include Steve Boxall, one of the stars of the recent British Final who qualified for next week’s British Grand Prix at Cardiff as one of the reserves?? I miss something in the British final and the track reserves announcement?

Coming over From East Yorkshire for this, haven't been to a Sheffield League meeting since July 2006 (have been to PLRC) really looking forward to the trip.

Edited by Superstar1

Sheffield's Website reads.

Rye House include Steve Boxall, one of the stars of the recent British Final who qualified for next week’s British Grand Prix at Cardiff as one of the reserves?? I miss something in the British final and the track reserves announcement?

Coming over From East Yorkshire for this, haven't been to a Sheffield League meeting since July 2006 (have been to PLRC) really looking forward to the trip.

I think they've got Boxall and Jason Garrity mixed up!

If you're coming over, don't have any expectations, that way you won't be disasppointed!

Edited by Tony The Tiger

I think they've got Boxall and Jason Garrity mixed up!

If you're coming over, don't have any expectations, that way you won't be disasppointed!

No expectations. As an Hull supporter. I wouldn't mind seeing the Tigers get turned over for old times sake but then again if they win. Well done to them.