British Speedway Forum
Crump99

Panthers V Rye House (pl) Tues 8/7/14

Feel sorry for the Fans and Promoters of the opposition, must dread the rockets fixtures, they do mega bucks on points money, and don't get a decent crowd to pay for it.

Feel sorry for the Fans and Promoters of the opposition, must dread the rockets fixtures, they do mega bucks on points money, and don't get a decent crowd to pay for it.

Berwick fans, for once, are looking forward to the away leg at rye this season :wink::lol: ..

Berwick fans, for once, are looking forward to the away leg at rye this season :wink::lol: ..

I'm not!! Edited by Shadders

Hope we avoid the heavy storms around the area this afternoon....

The Silver Ski Rockets have been rocked by the late withdrawal of Jason Garrity ahead of tonights Premier League fixture at Peterborough. The Cardiff GP reserve has been laid low with food poisoning

Is that the same excuse he used to try and get out of Rye House press & practice?

Hope we avoid the heavy storms around the area this afternoon....

Part of me hope we don't.... Riders swanning off to race on grass every other weekend, big time Charlie's not bothered about riding for us, wasted talents with crap machinery, promoters not listening to the wishes of the team and taking long time supporters and paying customers for granted.

I'm rapidly losing patience with my speedway club. If the season finished tomorrow I wouldn't be bothered. Some may say our season finished weeks ago.

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 2

Is that the same excuse he used to try and get out of Rye House press & practice?

Must have been something he ate at Wolverhampton last night after he scored 17 without an engine failure in sight

Our season can get no worse might as well dump this waster now. Take the money from the highest bidder use it to finance the flights of Mellgren and Aspgren next season and have some decent riders that actually want to ride for us. I for one hope he gets a ride at Cardiff and blows an engine on the startline. No wonder Belle Vue fans were happy to see the back of him

Anyway thought we might get twenty five tonight doubt his absence will make much difference just hope if its called off its done early as i don't want a wasted 220 miles round trip

No Garrity. A big thrashing I suspect now. Dodgy burger I guess.

Garrity Ruled Out of Peterborough Clash

The Silver Ski Rockets have been rocked by the late withdrawal of Jason Garrity ahead of tonights Premier League fixture at Peterborough. The Cardiff GP reserve has been laid low with food poisoning, with the Rockets forced to operate Rider-Replacement as cover.

More positively, Rye will welcome back Mathieu Tresarrieu, who was committed to a World Longtrack Qualifier in France at the weekend, and will have a second former Panther on show in Jason Bunyan, who missed Marchs successful visit to the Showground due to his preparations for the Auckland GP.

Rye House team:

Luke Bowen, Steve Boxall, Jason Bunyan, Jason Garrity R/R, Edward Kennett (captain), Stefan Nielsen, Mathieu Tresarrieu

Peterborough team:

Nicki Barrett, Lasse Bjerre, Lewis Blackbird, Ales Dryml, Ryan Fisher, Joe Jacobs, Ulrich Ostergaard (captain)

Put Garrity on a great track like Peterborough and he's rubbish, no loss tonight not having him and his dodgy bikes around. Good to see Matty back 30 points would be a real result for us tonight
  • Like 2

Well I hope the meeting is still on, and we get the 3 points tonight, and Rye House show some fight.

• Like 1

Put Garrity on a great track like Peterborough and he's rubbish, no loss tonight not having him and his dodgy bikes around. Good to see Matty back 30 points would be a real result for us tonight

Does anyone really think he'd put any real effort in if he'd had been riding tonight a few days away from Cardiff?

Better off handing the rides around to those who want to race for us.

Is that the same excuse he used to try and get out of Rye House press & practice?Part of me hope we don't.... Riders swanning off to race on grass every other weekend, big time Charlie's not bothered about riding for us, wasted talents with crap machinery, promoters not listening to the wishes of the team and taking long time supporters and paying customers for granted.

I'm rapidly losing patience with my speedway club. If the season finished tomorrow I wouldn't be bothered. Some may say our season finished weeks ago.

As well as Rye i do a fair bit of Kents meetings too, Simon Lambert apart they were awful at Mildenhall and last night at Kent they were a disgrace again Lambert entertained everyone. Very poor crowd on a Kent track that had a blue groove by heat nine. I left after heat 13 with more dirt in my hair than was on the track. Everyone calling for Silvers head....a real parallel with what is happening at Rye. I have defended the bloke all the way til now and enough is enough both Kent and Rye will be dead if Len doesn't see reason and bring someone in and i don't mean some idiot with a stopwatch round his neck

TRAVEL ADVICE

Tuesday July 08, 2014

PETERBOROUGH are urging supporters to allow extra time for their journeys to the East of England Showground tonight (Tuesday).

The 'TC Harrison' Panthers' clash against Rye House in the Premier League starts at 7.30pm - the same time as the annual Race for Life event at nearby Ferry Meadows.

Heavy traffic is expected in and around Oundle Road.

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2207

Ouch - That's the A605, the road that you turn-off to go into the stadium complex

This will only affect drivers approaching from the east - I suggest that instead of turning off at the Gordon Arms pub and coming down the Oundle Road drivers carry on to the Hampton roundabout and turn right towards the A1.

• Like 1

Thinking about it that's why I've become Victor Meldrew of Rye House.

I dont believe it!

• Like 1

This will only affect drivers approaching from the east - I suggest that instead of turning off at the Gordon Arms pub and coming down the Oundle Road drivers carry on to the Hampton roundabout and turn right towards the A1.

Sorry Neil this means nothing to me. I come along A1 from Cambridge and turn off at Peterborough Services!

Wealdstone, should carry onto next junction on the A1 just after the petrol station, there is a turning left, take that, then turn left immediately then you will go over the A1 and a mile on your right hand side is the EOES, will save time on your journey :)

Wealdstone, should carry onto next junction on the A1 just after the petrol station, there is a turning left, take that, then turn left immediately then you will go over the A1 and a mile on your right hand side is the EOES, will save time on your journey :)

Thanks will give it a go!!!

That's a great shout, thanks. Does that work when leaving the EOES to head south on the A1?