British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Poole 10/ 7/14

reading the press releases today.... poole saying the draft system needs some changes hmmmm......sounds like they still not happy with it yet they virtually claimed kyle newman as there draft rider before choosing began but there still not happy , maybe because there not 20 points clear at the top of the league....

some promoters can be so hypocritical sometimes , i can guarantee you this if poole had 2 top reserves instead of one they would be totally happy about the draft system and wouldnt be releassing statement about changing it !

there are teams that didnt get a pick like poole did with newman , theyve just got on with it .

in closing i would like to hope that the hypocrits dont outweigh the promoters who have the longterm future of the british riders in mind

long term plan are the key words here , not short term league winning signings that some clubs prefer

Old news!!! All clubs had the right/choice to claim their assets as part of the Fast Track draft. Matt Ford's words from last week were meant to 'gee up' the reserves' performances or risk being replaced - seems to have worked wonders if last night is anything to go by!!

It seems that any FT rider who appears on the list with a # by their name is down to their own choice, due to maybe having to work or other difficulty with being a full time Fast track rider. It seems the longer the season goes on that this may change with some riders!!!?

Middlo's dog had another nibble then ? :wink:

Prearranged holiday, with no home fixture next week and no Team GB responsibilities this year for Cardiff!!!! :wink::nono:

Looks like it could be another home defeat for the Robins then with Steve's bad luck & Nathan's ability to fall off nearly every race!!!!!

Edited by Crazy robin

Track is crap

Not going to argue with that but coming from a Poole fan that is some irony:-)

When a rider keeps falling off like Nathan when he is in front of a rider does really leave him in the lap of the gods of another rider hitting him.

That is where this draft rule is daft as it could lead to the lad being seriously injured as he just isn't ready yet.

All Nathan had to do was stay on his bike & beat Brendan in the reserve races & he couldn't manage that!!!.

Harsh I know but how can a rider be in the top league when he can't stay upright.

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 1

I keep saying it but if I say it enough hopefully one day someone will listen. People wonder what puts the public of going to speedway - Listen to tonight presentation, it's abysmal.

I keep saying it but if I say it enough hopefully one day someone will listen. People wonder what puts the public of going to speedway - Listen to tonight presentation, it's abysmal.

Oh come on we've had Amarillo & Belinda Carlisle so what more could we ask for:-)

Oh come on we've had Amarillo & Belinda Carlisle so what more could we ask for:-)

Who let the dogs out ???

Edited by Tigerite

Quite agree but don't hold your breath.

Come on Eileen, Two Little Boys, Leader of the Gang, YMCA, The Ketchup Song (#1 on my 18thy birthday and the bloody DJ annoyed me playing that day a few times so why not play it at speedway too)

I havn't been to many away meetings since Leigh retired but watching it on 365 really shows all tracks are guilty of it.

I havn't been to many away meetings since Leigh retired but watching it on 365 really shows all tracks are guilty of it.

You're right, every single one of them is terrible.

Come on Eileen, Two Little Boys, Leader of the Gang, YMCA, The Ketchup Song (#1 on my 18thy birthday and the bloody DJ annoyed me playing that day a few times so why not play it at speedway too)

Some tunes they were:-)

Why does the referee keep asking riders to return to the pits?