British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
michaelcroucher

Concessions Prices For World Cup ?

Was going to buy the tickets today for the world cup but i cant beleive that there is no Concessions prices. I know that Kings Lynn dont come up with the prices but they should have a say. Will this mean less people will go probably not put its still a shame.

Was going to buy the tickets today for the world cup but i cant beleive that there is no Concessions prices. I know that Kings Lynn dont come up with the prices but they should have a say. Will this mean less people will go probably not put its still a shame.

Erm, i've just gone to the Kings Lynn site and it clearly offers Oap/U15 tickets - not in the Grandstand, but still, they are there..

Just phoned the ticket hotline and they have said Concessions prices. Just OAP/u15. Concessions prices are also for unemployed and students. So if a Student or someone is unemployed they have to pay full price.

Just phoned the ticket hotline and they have said Concessions prices. Just OAP/u15. Concessions prices are also for unemployed and students. So if a Student or someone is unemployed they have to pay full price.

Well strike me down, but i certainly would never have thought in a million years that being unemployed qualified someone to get in at concession price. Student fair enough i guess.

If i was in that situation myself, and i have been before, i'd never expect it.

Ah well..never mind eh.

• Like 2

I don't think there is free transport or food either ! :rofl:

• Like 3

oh look we have a wise arse on here, haha Phil. This what i really hate about this forum. I was going to take a friend to cheer them up but i dont have lots of money and nor do they so thought i would get them a Concessions price, this is why i put it on here not for wise arse guys to make stupid comments.

Since when was being unemployed a reason to get a concession rate? Jesus!

Disappointingly there no student concession rate for there GP in Cardiff.

The goverment about 2 or 3 years ago put this meaning for concession rate. It usually means a discount for one or more of student, elderly, unemployed. Concession means a low income well you cant get any lower than unemployed. It seems that some poeple just dont follow politics.

When I was unemployed back in the '80's I could get into Swindon for the Concession price by showing my UB40.

Concession rates should apply to anyone who is 'unwaged' in my opinion.

Lakeside offer a reduced admission for unemployed. Fair play to them.

The goverment about 2 or 3 years ago put this meaning for concession rate. It usually means a discount for one or more of student, elderly, unemployed. Concession means a low income well you cant get any lower than unemployed. It seems that some poeple just dont follow politics.

I follow politics, doesn't mean I agree with anything any of them say tho and I don't agree with the concessions for unemployed as a right. If individual businesses chose to have one fine and dandy, if they don't well such is life. And before you ask yes I have been unemployed in the past as has my husband but neither of us expected or asked for concessions anywhere. Incidentally the disabled are not mentioned in your version of the government meaning, now they should get a concession.

• Like 1

I follow politics, doesn't mean I agree with anything any of them say tho and I don't agree with the concessions for unemployed as a right. If individual businesses chose to have one fine and dandy, if they don't well such is life. And before you ask yes I have been unemployed in the past as has my husband but neither of us expected or asked for concessions anywhere. Incidentally the disabled are not mentioned in your version of the government meaning, now they should get a concession.

Why should the disabled get a concession but not the unemployed?

I know people who are registered disabled but still work in high-earning positions. Using your rule of thumb even though they are very well off they would get a concession but someone unemployed who is living on a pittance would have to pay full price!

I agree there are well paid disabled folk.

If the facilities for the disabled are the same as for everyone else I agree they should pay the same. I have yet to visit any track, Cardiff apart, that provides equal facilities. Lynn is the best IMO and I would never knock the efforts Buster has made. To take Lynn as an example, there is flat access to all areas, there is a dedicated disabled viewing area and there are disabled toilets. However not all disabled folk want to sit in the dedicated area, if they did there would be no space for their family and friends. That is not equal.

Not everyone wants to view from the home straight/back straight wherever the disabled viewing area is and until they are able to view from anywhere in my view the facilities are not equal.

The unemployed however have the same facilities as everyone else and IMO should pay the same.

I agree there are well paid disabled folk.

If the facilities for the disabled are the same as for everyone else I agree they should pay the same. I have yet to visit any track, Cardiff apart, that provides equal facilities. Lynn is the best IMO and I would never knock the efforts Buster has made. To take Lynn as an example, there is flat access to all areas, there is a dedicated disabled viewing area and there are disabled toilets. However not all disabled folk want to sit in the dedicated area, if they did there would be no space for their family and friends. That is not equal.

Not everyone wants to view from the home straight/back straight wherever the disabled viewing area is and until they are able to view from anywhere in my view the facilities are not equal.

The unemployed however have the same facilities as everyone else and IMO should pay the same.

I've read some b%%%%%s on this site over the years but this takes the biscuit.

The disabled people I know would be insulted by your posting.

And for what it's worth, most speedway promotions do not own the stadia that they race in so cannot go around renovating them willy-nilly.

So you think it's OK for someone who is extremely limited to where they can view speedway to pay the same price as people who can view from any vantage point?

Sorry IMO that is not right.

Yes there are wealthy disabled people. There are wealthy unemployed people who work for cash and still claim benefits. That is not my argument.

I have worked with disabled people for many years and lived in the same household as a wheelchair user for 30 years, trust me the vast majority simply want the same facilities as able bodied people, no more no less. I appreciate that is no always possible which is why I said if the facilities for the disabled are on a par with able bodied facilities the price should be the same. As they are at many venues out of speedway. It makes no difference who owns the property, they are providing a service/entertainment if that service is less for some sections of the community than for others surely those with lesser facilities should pay less?

If you think that's b*&^$$$*( fine, that's your opinion but it is not mine.

• Like 1