British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bee 26

Coventry Vs Belle Vue 18/7/14

Amazed to see so many regular posters on here, posting during the meeting, so presumably not at Brandon, complaining about the track. Any track will have problems in keeping the moisture in the surface when the temperature has been so hot during the day, and the track team worked hard to maintain the best possible surface under the circumstances,

It was not a bad match at all, yes Belle Vue needed more support for Zager and Nicholls, and there seemed to be long gaps which the referee should have banged on the 2 minutes much sooner, but all credit to both teams for giving it their all.

The crowd for the first Friday after the schools closed for the summer holidays was not too bad, so stop the damn moaning and support the team, everyone seems to me to be doing their very best to provide a good evenings entertainment for us so called FANS.

• Like 6

Amazed to see so many regular posters on here, posting during the meeting, so presumably not at Brandon, complaining about the track. Any track will have problems in keeping the moisture in the surface when the temperature has been so hot during the day, and the track team worked hard to maintain the best possible surface under the circumstances,

It was not a bad match at all, yes Belle Vue needed more support for Zager and Nicholls, and there seemed to be long gaps which the referee should have banged on the 2 minutes much sooner, but all credit to both teams for giving it their all.

The crowd for the first Friday after the schools closed for the summer holidays was not too bad, so stop the damn moaning and support the team, everyone seems to me to be doing their very best to provide a good evenings entertainment for us so called FANS.

well said. I was there and we really enjoyed it.

Been here before havent we. Unfortunately those threats never happy sadly for the sensible remainder.

At least I can understand his/her posts. Can you repeat yours again in English. :P

Terrible track, poor meeting, 7.30 start and still finished just before 10.00. Strange ref decision in heat 13, Belle Vue gating terrible as usual away from home.

Away meetings finished for us now in middle July (just Lakeside in August to go, not going to that). Not going to make playoffs now so just lots of dead rubbers at home to look forward to.

I actually enjoyed it. The track was tricky early on but settled down nicely, so much so Zagar set the fasted time this season.

Good win for the Bees and well deserved. BV riders were trying hard and made a good fist of it. In the end the Bees side was too strong.

Loved the Harris and Anderson races, this pair love riding together. MJJ was smooth/stylish even on the tricky track.

Hansen also ride hard and fast, great to see. Have to say Summers always embarrasses the fightinging Bee, never let us down.

Roll on the next one.

Up the bees.

• Like 1

Zagar exclusion was very confusing.

Is it the belle vue riders or the TM letting them down the most.

If I'm honest, that meeting was a complete and utter borefest of some of the most processional racing that I have witnessed in many years. Even the two people I went with, who are Bees die-hards from the early 80's, thought it had all the spectacle of an un flushed karsy.

One of them, who kept an eye on the Speedway Updates forum, had to question why the Lakeside meeting (starting at 8pm) was finished before the riders for Heat 15 at Cov had even been announced. Last night certainly did seem to drag. Not blaming the Cov Promotion entirely for that - as I was thinking many times last night how slow the ref was with the 2 minute warning.

MJJ (to give him his due) rode very well - his hold-off of Nicholls, and his cut-back on the second bend possibly being the heat of the night.

That aside, Belle Vue were absolutely dire - apart from Palm-Toft who appeared to give it everything in his outings. Scotty woke up around 9 o'clock and Zagar failed to overly impress. In fact, BV looked extremely poor if I'm honest. Scotty is clearly past his sell-by date and Belle Vue seriously have to get rid in the winter to progress. There was just no fight. No passion. They just looked like a team going through the motions.

Guys, I can appreciate your delight that Cov picked up 3 points - but the entertainment value of tonight's meeting was woeful.

Excellent crowd yeah - but here's the problem. A couple next to us were clearly 'newbies' - my mate actually showed them how to fill their programme in; and explaining the double point rule wasn't easy. I asked them at the conclusion if they were coming back next week. They replied "maybe next year". If I was a promoter, that would cause me to worry.

3 points to the Bees - and well done for that. But, at the end of the day, that meeting was absolute sh*te.

Sorry Cov - but I truly wish that I'd have spent my dosh tonight on a ruby murray and got to the pub earlier.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1

Fastest time of the season on a poor track how does that make sense? I was working last night did the track improve as the meeting went on? It's a shame about the track as it's been in decent shape since Colin Pratt took the job. Good win for the Bees in the end especially with Garrity Missing.

Fastest time of the season on a poor track how does that make sense? I was working last night did the track improve as the meeting went on? It's a shame about the track as it's been in decent shape since Colin Pratt took the job. Good win for the Bees in the end especially with Garrity Missing.

When you look at the hot weather we have had then the track was good. The problem was they would water the track and give it some grip that produced good racing but then due to the heat it would dry up quickly. Not the only track.

Think it properly seemed more gate and go as Belle Vue had riders struggling but there were some good passes by Hansen & Harris.

MJJ and summers looked very fast.

We have now won last couple of meetings without Garrity (who scored 17 last time he rode) rest of the team stepped up when it counted.

If MJJ scores less than 7 paid points tonight, I won't post in the Elite League section until August the 18th.

That's how confident I am of MJJ's ability.

Guess we are stuck with you then lol.

MJJ scored 11 (3,3 2*,2,1)

He did look fast and beat both Aces top 2 easily.

• Like 1

got to agree some of the posters on here always moan about the track get over it Cov as 90% of the time been a gaters track in the 50odd years I've been going Belle vue were poor but we beat what was put in front of us stop moaning about the track

At least I can understand his/her posts. Can you repeat yours again in English. :P

Anyone can understand nonsense. :P

Is Zagar still bringing only one bike along, as he should of been in 15 not MPT was his bike terminal after he stalled on the line?

Edited by Pirate Oliver

Is Zagar still bringing only one bike along, as he should of been in 15 not MPT was his bike terminal after he stalled on the line?

Zagar never rides in heat 15 unless there is something riding on it.

If MJJ scores less than 7 paid points tonight, I won't post in the Elite League section until August the 18th.

That's how confident I am of MJJ's ability.

He scored six.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

looked liked his primary chain broke as he dropped the clutch,not sure why he was excluded.

Also if he only has one bike in England then something needs to be said to him.