British Speedway Forum

He was merely putting in print the point I was sarcastically already making.

Like I said I better work on my sarcasm

They say sarcasm is the most intelligent form of wit. I guess its wasted on here :D

They say sarcasm is the most intelligent form of wit. I guess its wasted on here :D

Not sure who "they" are but it's Oscar Wilde that is credited with saying that sarcasm was the lowest form of wit. Sorry didn't mean to rain on your parade but I am quite a fan of Oscar Wilde and I needed to clear his name.

• Like 2

Not sure who "they" are but it's Oscar Wilde that is credited with saying that sarcasm was the lowest form of wit. Sorry didn't mean to rain on your parade but I am quite a fan of Oscar Wilde and I needed to clear his name.

"they" are whoever they want them to be!! Its a response to Oscars claim that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, it may be but it is also the most intelligent.

"they" are whoever they want them to be!! Its a response to Oscars claim that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, it may be but it is also the most intelligent.

Is that right now?

But where does all leave me? Am i super intelligent or a bit of a d!ck.

But where does all leave me? Am i super intelligent or a bit of a d!ck.

A Super Intelligent Dick is what you are oldace. :shock: :shock: :wink:

You did ask. :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 2

The quote is "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and the highest form of intelligence"

It gets attributed to Oscar Wilde, but the true source of the quote is not certain.

Ah I see. Its perfectly clear now. With that sort of infallible logic you could have a great future with the BSPA, re- writing the rule book. It would make a great deal more sense. ;)

Just thought I should point out that oldace's post wasn't actually an example of sarcasm, rather it was a play on words.

Not sure if that makes oldace more or less intelligent/wittt, but I found it funny anyway

• Like 1

Yes of course a lot of crashes are caused by the riders themselves - I wasn't disputing that - but they hardly need a track that encourages errors do they? At Wolves riders build up nowhere near the speed they can at Leicester - hence negotiating the bends becomes less of a problem and they can RACE. Peterboro has long straights yes but the bends are wide and riders can sweep around them without too much danger and again, can RACE. Accidents will still happen of course but not because of the track design, more likely to be track surface or rider error.

At Leicester, no matter how perfect the surface is or how expert the rider is, the very speed they have to go will always nurture an accident.

I have said on other threads that I feel some of the spills in the televised match at Leicester were down to the fact that Sky would not Glyn work on the track fully at each grading break. He was blading and tyre packing but up until heat ten, after the spill, he was stopped halfway through and therefore the outside of the bends were not done. At one point Doyle was struggling to keep his front wheel down around the outside but had full control where the track had been packed. There was no problem during the first four laps.