British Speedway Forum
EnglishRoundabout

Somerset V Newcastle 18th July

Ludde can team ride when the circumstance allow. Just Ian can't see it the way the rest of us do. Which is quite sad really. :cry:

I see it how it is Dave. Not how I would like it to be.

I see Robbo Team Riding often - so I know what Team Riding is. Perhaps, as Steve says, he can't Team Ride but actually I don't believe that because I HAVE SEEN HIM DO IT!!

But crucially - only when he wants to. That my friend, is my gripe.

I see Robbo Team Riding often - so I know what Team Riding is. Perhaps, as Steve says, he can't Team Ride but actually I don't believe that because I HAVE SEEN HIM DO IT!!

Or, like I said, the situation allows him to.

To be honest I think Ludde team rides as much as Danny does

To be honest I think Ludde team rides as much as Danny does

I can't argue with that MrP. :t:

Chris Schramm has decided to retire and Simon Nielsen is coming in but not til Sunday. Have we a decent reserve guest for Somerset tonight?

Chris Schramm has decided to retire and Simon Nielsen is coming in but not til Sunday. Have we a decent reserve guest for Somerset tonight?

Simon was going to guest somewhere tonight (at Edinburgh for Workington, I think) but "pulled out due to signing for Newcastle and riding for them on Friday" so maybe Simon N rides for us tonight? :unsure:

as opposed to when you say he should ???,,, :-)

• Like 1

Kenni was possibly the worst team rider I've ever seen (Because he was too fast for Derek) but he was still good wasn't he?

All that matters is that he goes out and racks up them points, which he has been doing better at home. He just needs a little bit better form away and he'll be dangerous. (Ludvig)

Seems mostly Diamonds supporters on here? As the thunder and lightening is not due until 23-00, I may turn up tonight, and see if new DJ is any good, just my his 3rd visit to Oak Tree this season. Please don't have the interval, it just makes the meeting go cold after it has built up with just 3 heats to go, and there is plenty of time to get chips during track grading. Interesting to see Somerset are having two meetings in one week and Plymouth reporting they have a fixture backlog, with the unpredictable British weather one wonders why it was agreed to have the number of matches extended by teams choosing another two teams to play for 4 extra matches, I assume this was thought of at AGM and the cut off date for Play Offs can be extended.

• Like 1

Seems mostly Diamonds supporters on here? As the thunder and lightening is not due until 23-00, I may turn up tonight, and see if new DJ is any good, just my his 3rd visit to Oak Tree this season. Please don't have the interval, it just makes the meeting go cold after it has built up with just 3 heats to go, and there is plenty of time to get chips during track grading. Interesting to see Somerset are having two meetings in one week and Plymouth reporting they have a fixture backlog, with the unpredictable British weather one wonders why it was agreed to have the number of matches extended by teams choosing another two teams to play for 4 extra matches, I assume this was thought of at AGM and the cut off date for Play Offs can be extended.

dunno,,, 'Lightning' should turn up by about 20.00,,, all going well :-)

dunno,,, 'Lightning' should turn up by about 20.00,,, all going well :-)

8pm?? Hopefully he'll get to the track at about 17.00.....

8pm?? Hopefully he'll get to the track at about 17.00.....

yeah,,, Ludvig should get to track at tea-time,,, but 'Lightning' will hopefully be there for tapes up at ht 4 ;-)

Very one-sided and disappointing performance from the boys tonight. Really only Danny was on true form. Robbo, by his standards was below par and Ludo, I am afraid has merely re-stocked TWK's ammunition locker. Hope Nielsen has not been bitten too hard by the Newky injury jinx. Just where are those nasty friction burns I wonder?

Well, that was another poor away performance, can't see us getting anything out of the rest of the season. Nielsen injured and withdrawn from meeting with burns, must be doubtful for Sunday so the injury jinx strikes again. Will just have to enjoy the racing from now on and see what team we can build for next season.