British Speedway Forum
clambo71

Tai Woffinden's Views On Single Night Racing In Uk

why not Saturday afternoon? most sports do this

how much cross over between football/speedway fans is there?

if many people complain about the speedway entrance fee, then i would guess they couldn't afford football which is much more expensive.

this is where research into the speedway population needs to be done and fast

There's a massive crossover, when a Wedneday match coincided with a meeting at Owlerton, Machin spit his dummy out big time...think He's still crying years later..Its not just football, loads of stuff....

sorry yes it does

one night a week, 20% of the school term tired, great idea

no i am not a teacher!

if your happy for them to underachieve then crack on

with all due respect, thats codswallop.....i personally went right through my schooling. every thursday night, theres not one iota of proof that effected anything..
  • Like 2

with all due respect, thats codswallop.....i personally went right through my schooling. every thursday night, theres not one iota of proof that effected anything..

And so did me and my kids...I even let them have a burger and Pepsi....Bad Dad!...If I hadn't, my 22 year old daughter wouldn't be a fan now!

Edited by Marcelle
  • Like 1

why not Saturday afternoon? most sports do this

how much cross over between football/speedway fans is there?

if many people complain about the speedway entrance fee, then i would guess they couldn't afford football which is much more expensive.

this is where research into the speedway population needs to be done and fast

You should be ok in Coventry if you want to go down this route. Northampton is a bit far to watch football :P

That sentence is sooooo tempting... :P

First things first, we need to get rid of the old farts that run this sport. Try to get young people involved and let them bring enthusiasm and a different perspective. Easier said than done but whilst these clueless idiots continue to run and damage our sport there is absolutely no hope whatsoever.

Everyone on this forum more or less knows what is required to take the sport forward but the BSPA won't listen. There is no engagement of fans or meaningful discussion. Self interest perpetrates the sport and all clubs are guilty.

One night, every 2 weeks and a squad system is a must. That should be the starting point.

• Like 1

so i assume you are a professor at NASA then?

or did you aim lower?

If it does go to one night during the week, how about free uppers for the kids to keep them awake?

Just a thought. B)

• Like 2