British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Great Central

Stoke V King's Lynn 19/7

There is supposed to be a meeting today but no topic posted yet and no press releases issued on team line ups. After all this good weather that we have had, heavy rain has hit nearly everywhere so will it run or not?

There is supposed to be a meeting today but no topic posted yet and no press releases issued on team line ups. After all this good weather that we have had, heavy rain has hit nearly everywhere so will it run or not?

According to BSPA website the meeting is OFF.

According to BSPA website the meeting is OFF.

I know it doesn't matter now that it's off Martin, but I just can't understand why the National League along with the MDL (although Laurence does do his best to keep on top of things) and NJL don't really push these meetings to the hilt.

To be honest, with my own club, unless you've attended a senior meeting the week before, you'd hardly know the National League side had a match forthcoming, then eyebrows are raised at the pathetic attendance levels.

It matters not whether it's Elite, Premier, National, Midland Development or Northern Junior League, at the end of the day, it's four people racing speedway on an oval track, producing thrill and entertainment at their respective levels, and are ALL worthy of support.......and PROMOTION.

No matter what the sport, if the root isn't allowed to grow then it won't blossom, and will eventually fade away and die, and whilst a lot of people poo poo the idea, this will in my opinion eventually happen in speedway. The day is fast approaching when promoters won't be able to afford to keep bringing in riders from other countries, with the crowd levels at even some of the senior level tracks dipping away fast, then the need to use British youngsters will be more or less the only option left to them, by which time that development chain won't be there due either to lack of support by the public, or lack of promotion by various clubs.

• Like 3