British Speedway Forum
stevebrum

Wolves V Lakeside 21/7

You read it right. I`m sure like the riders fans get `tired` too. :P

From hilarious to ridiculous ! The reason people are not attending is because the racing is poor,the Elite league is poor and the Wolves team is poor,not because the weather is too hot !
  • Like 1

From hilarious to ridiculous ! The reason people are not attending is because the racing is poor,the Elite league is poor and the Wolves team is poor,not because the weather is too hot !

It was a joke by Steve for gods sake not a statement!!

• Like 4

I was tired

But then again I travelled 1.300 kms to watch this meeting.

The guy who lives around the corner and didn't come missed a cracker of a meeting.

But then again I'm a lakeside fan :)

• Like 1

I was tired

But then again I travelled 1.300 kms to watch this meeting.

The guy who lives around the corner and didn't come missed a cracker of a meeting.

But then again I'm a lakeside fan :)

as an ipswich fan good to see Adam riding well again he looked really out of sorts on Thursday.

Serious question Jonny how was his starting last night? At ippo he could not get the front wheel down and after 50 yards he was last. Last yer his gating was superb so im hoping he has cured his problem.

WRONG.

It was a decent turn out, just lower than it was last week and the weather should have encouraged MORE.

Maybe people were just too tired to turn up.

Hang on a minute Steve.You dont have to be Stevie Wonder to see the crowds have been pi$$ poor,especially since the Lynn meeting,which in effect finally killed off our play-off hopes.

Think they will be better for the next one though,Poole always attract our biggest attendance.

They wont win the league even with the erratic mjj

I suppose when poole go to monmore we will have a fit,up for the battle tai or can I hope he will be tired after the world cup

as much as i hate to agree with the multi poster boy he has a point Coventry could easily win the league.

The top 3 of Andersen, Harris and MJJ are as strong as Lynn and Poole. Hansen could be a match winner at any given time and in Garrity they have one of the strongest reserves. Maybe Lynn are still stronger but Coventry are next best in my opinion

Don't think so.

He was taking the pi$$ out of the Tai/tired situation.

• Like 1

Don't think so.

He was being sarchastic with his 'tired' reference.

Thought it was obvious what i meant!

But then you would have to have a modicum of intelligence and humour to realise i suppose.

Hang on a minute Steve.You dont have to be Stevie Wonder to see the crowds have been pi$$ poor,especially since the Lynn meeting,which in effect finally killed off our play-off hopes.

Think they will be better for the next one though,Poole always attract our biggest attendance.

I have already said they were down!

But i have been to poorer attended meetings this season.

Thought it was obvious what i meant!

But then you would have to have a modicum of intelligence and humour to realise i suppose.

I have already said they were down!

But i have been to poorer attended meetings this season.

. Here we go again stevebrum running the team down and CVS and Adams. Wolves apart from Poole have been up the top of rest for years now and like I've said apart from poole have won more than any other team. So yes they may have got the team wrong but let's wait and see what team changes are coming our way.

Went last night hoping for better than the last two EL meetings I went to at Leicester and Coventry and was well pleased with the meeting, a well prepared track, very smooth surface and enjoyable racing.

Shame about Harris who bombed last night, Fricke worked out the track quick and did well, Mr Flint didnt mess about and the meeting ran at a decent pace, not rushed but steady.

Felt wolves would have won if they had choosen a better guest at number one, nice night, good weather, very good meeting, there were quite a few Brummies supporters in the stadium as well.

Thanks wolverhampton for restoring my faith in the EL for a little while.

It was nice to get in with the Brummies season ticket as well.

• Like 3

. Here we go again stevebrum running the team down and CVS and Adams.

Again?? Please elaborate.

Anyone that knows me knows i`m pro getting behind the team and sticking by the riders but if our management want to talk the talk (must win, possible changes) then lets see some delivery or accept - like a lot of Wolves fans have that this season is as good as over unless changes happen NOW.

I would imagine you don't really know what you are talking about when accusing me of running the team down. :nono:

It was a joke by Steve for gods sake not a statement!!

Sense of humour by pass clearly. :t:

-_-

Fact is if Woffy was riding tonight Wolves would have won.

They can.

Pete Adams doesn't ride the bikes does he?

Don't need to get a grip nothing wrong with my comments.

No fact about it, Woffy doesn't contribute to a whole teams points, he contributes to a percentage of it. If Harris had performed to his average wolves probably would of won the meeting. Therefore a better guest should of been booked or Harris should of performed better..

'They can' is a very poor comment. Are you saying every single rider is the same, prepares the same, and has exactly the same schedule? No, course not, because that is untrue. We don't know how much more Woffy may have done compared to darcy, maybe he's done more hours doing other things (ie his charity work) all this contributes to his obvious exhaustion. So to compare 2 riders is a poor statement to make.

Yes I'm quiet aware of that, but I believe he's the wolves team management, so therefore he contributes to the teams performance, unless that's not what managers are there for?

# Adams picks the team & the guests so is responsible. However to be fair, not even Harris's biggest critics could have seen that performance, or lack of it, coming around Monmore. It is easy to say 'should have booked a better guest'. In the past that may have been true but given the apparent attitude of riders with Woffinden's average to the UK would a guy who's ridden in Poland on sunday and has Sweden the day after fly in and back out again just to ride for another club? :unsure: Having said that booking Harris feels like the 'easy' (cheaper-no air fares) option so would suit CVS & Adams.

# Whatever an individual rider's workload is it has to be borne in mind that they chose it so to moan about it now as though it were someone else's fault is a sign of the times I'm afraid.

# 'If Harris had performed to his average probably Wolves would have won..' If Woffinden had done the same this season we'd have been in the play offs...........probably :D

• Like 1