British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

Luke Replaces The Injured Luke For Coventry Storm !

COVENTRY Storm have moved to fill the gap created by Luke Crang’s injury with the signing of experienced National League racer Luke Priest.
Crang faces six to eight weeks on the sidelines with a broken shoulder-blade, and with several fixtures coming up over the coming weeks the City Gearboxes Storm have brought in a new face rather than rely on the rider-replacement facility.
29-year-old Priest captained Stoke last season and finished with an unreflective sub-five point average – not helped by the fact that the Potters failed to complete their fixtures.
That average, however, enables him to slot into the Storm team initially at reserve, where subject to BSPA approval he will make his debut in Friday’s double-header against Buxton and King’s Lynn.
With no team place forthcoming over the winter, despite being linked with several clubs, Priest spent an extended spell in Australia, but having recently returned to the UK he is excited to get his chance with the Storm.
He said: “I’ve been back in the country for just over a month, and this is a really good move for me.
“I’ve got to make the most of being at reserve, some people might see it as a backward step but it’s a good opportunity to score some big points for the club.
“My equipment is top-notch and I feel good in myself, so although inevitably I’m not going to go out and win every race I’m confident and I like riding at Coventry. I understand the play-offs are a possibility, we’re still in the KO Cup, and it’s great to be part of a winning team!”
Storm boss Laurence Rogers said: “Luke and I go back a long way, he’s a rider who gives 100 per cent and he’s always been a great team man. He’s champing at the bit to get going for us.
“I’m absolutely amazed that nobody included him on his average this year, and when we got the news of Luke Crang’s injury we really felt rider-replacement wouldn’t give us enough, especially with the number of fixtures coming up.
“I’d like to thank my good friend Peter Mole and his colleagues at Luke’s parent club Sheffield, who were very good and helpful.
“I’ve discussed it with Crangy, who doesn’t know exactly how long he’ll be out for, and he understands that we have to do the best we can – he wants us to win the League. I really feel sorry for him having got his bikes all sorted again, he’s gutted about the injury but I’m sure he’ll be back.”

Priest should definitely be one of the stronger reserves.

Gives the side a boost there, but it's a big step up for Flyin' Ryan

• Like 1

So where is the condemnation ?. Storm are to strong, they are over the 40 point limit, it's a development league and Storm are Coventrys junior team, Luke Priest would do a fantastic job for, Scunthorpe, Buxton or Plymouth but NO the strong Storm team sign the 29 year old journey man.

Don't anyone come on here and tell us Heathens fans its NOT about having a winning team in the NL.

Good signing Lorro, and tonight will be the first of three meetings at Monmore between Storm and Cradley.

So where is the condemnation ?. Storm are to strong, they are over the 40 point limit, it's a development league and Storm are Coventrys junior team, Luke Priest would do a fantastic job for, Scunthorpe, Buxton or Plymouth but NO the strong Storm team sign the 29 year old journey man.

Don't anyone come on here and tell us Heathens fans its NOT about having a winning team in the NL.

Would you like some curry sauce to go with that chip? ;)

The 2014 NL is what it is - end of story.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Would you like some curry sauce to go with that chip? ;)

The 2014 NL is what it is - end of story.

All the best

Rob

Copied from the SCB rules & regs for 2014:

19. NATIONAL LEAGUE MEETING REGULATIONS

Known as the National League, it’s official name is the National Development League to clarify that this

is the entry level league dedicated to the training and development of young home grown Riders.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 4

Yeh correct rob it is what it is and Cradley as a club ain't doing too bad for riders.we have one of the youngest teams in the league aswell

Yeh correct rob it is what it is and Cradley as a club ain't doing too bad for riders.we have one of the youngest teams in the league aswell

No saying you haven't.

Just saying it's July and whatever the make-up of the 2014 NL, it ain't going to change much between now and the end of the season. Sick of tired of reading what's wrong with the NL. There's a lot of things right with it as well, e.g. Arron Mogridge and Danny Phillips and Nathan Greaves and Oliver Greenwood and (sadly now injured) Luke Crang and Liam Carr and Sam Chapman and Max Clegg and Reece Downes, etc, etc, etc.

Let's hope for some cracking Cradley vs Coventry and Buxton vs Scunthorpe matches, and the all time, young riders getting better and better and better.

The NL is the only league we have not overrun by foreign riders. It's a fantastic league. Let's celebrate that, instead of picking holes in it the whole time.

Looking forward to a real feast (I think I'm going to 8) of National League meetings in August.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 3