British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

El Mid Season Predictions

Weather should not be a problem. As last season clearly demonstrated, it is possible to run a meeting in any weather! :mad:

Otherwise the home team would have been fined for not completing their fixtures!!

Swindon and to a lesser extent Coventry's hopes depend on the availability of Garrity & Worrall. I see they are both missing fixtures this week yet again.

1ST King's Lynn 2ND Poole 3RD Coventry 4TH Lakeside 5TH Eastbourne 6TH Swindon 7TH Belle Vue 8TH Wolverhampton 9TH Leicester

Based upon extending each teams current home pts/away pts across their remaining matches.

Swindon and to a lesser extent Coventry's hopes depend on the availability of Garrity & Worrall. I see they are both missing fixtures this week yet again.

AFIAK, its only Eastbourne away where we don't have Jason - nor do we have Harris and I'm guessing no Howarth either. It's basically a write off - but saying that Eastbourne have no Blackbird now - so who knows?!

Garrity has been missing a lot and Coventry have had to use riders 20th or lower on the list. Luckily the top riders have stepped up and we have still won some of those fixtures

AFIAK, its only Eastbourne away where we don't have Jason - nor do we have Harris and I'm guessing no Howarth either. It's basically a write off - but saying that Eastbourne have no Blackbird now - so who knows?!

We haven't got Garrity this Friday against Eastbourne either

Garrity has been missing a lot and Coventry have had to use riders 20th or lower on the list. Luckily the top riders have stepped up and we have still won some of those fixtures

The reason they gave us on Fast Track Reserves was that they would stay at reserve all season in order to develop them into future International class riders by letting them be involved with better standard riders. It seems to me that by allowing BPL teams to have first claim on them when there is a fixtures class defeats this object and penalises the BEL teams who were happy to downgrade their product in order to help these riders. This must change if this system is to continue.

• Like 2

The reason they gave us on Fast Track Reserves was that they would stay at reserve all season in order to develop them into future International class riders by letting them be involved with better standard riders. It seems to me that by allowing BPL teams to have first claim on them when there is a fixtures class defeats this object and penalises the BEL teams who were happy to downgrade their product in order to help these riders. This must change if this system is to continue.

I agree. Some would argue though that the FTD riders develop MORE by riding in the PL as they have more 'tougher' rides.

Personally I think the FTD riders benefit from being around top top riders in the EL matches, riders like Schlein help our boys no end and also they get to see what is needed to make it to the very top (GP level) which is so important.

I agree. Some would argue though that the FTD riders develop MORE by riding in the PL as they have more 'tougher' rides.

Personally I think the FTD riders benefit from being around top top riders in the EL matches, riders like Schlein help our boys no end and also they get to see what is needed to make it to the very top (GP level) which is so important.

I believe the FTR should have a certain amount of protection, but I feel under the present system they have too much. Whereby at present both riders are treated as equals, probably in would have been more beneficial had the top reserve rode against heat leaders as well. Agree what you say about Rory though, but not every team has a rider, who goes out of his way to help develop these new kids. Having Rory in the team, ticks so many boxes....... an unbelievable acquisition......

i think Howarth must have missed the most meetings he's never there

i think Howarth must have missed the most meetings he's never there

Howarth can be covered easier though. During the winter more emphasis needs to be put on getting a regular 1-7 riding, it's an issue for most clubs.

• Like 1

Eastbourne have tough run-in, have to go to Coventry twice, Swindon, Kings Lynn, and Poole, and have KL, Cov and Lakeside at home.

Will definitely be Swindon in 4th.place I reckons.

Edited by keef van cross

been a good week so far for the bees with Swindon, Lakeside and Eastbourne all failing to pick up any away points. However we have to make sure we pick up some points over the next couple of meetings

Think on form over last couple of weeks, A play off with King's Lynn, Poole and Coventry in would be great as all got good home and away form in the league.

its harder to guess who out of Lakeside, Eastbourne and Swindon will get that final spot but looking at meetings to come and form, I am going to go for Lakeside