British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

El Mid Season Predictions

Now we go in to the speedway break. As we are half way through season, it is still very close between the teams in 2nd to 6th (Lakeside, Coventry, Poole, Swindon, Eastbourne) Think away wins could be a huge factor this year.

Who do you predict will be top 4 and make it in to the play offs now?

Why do you always peddle the same old line,it seems like you dont want us to do well, poole will make the play offs no problem

Edited by foreverblue

Kings Lynn and Poole definite, Then any two from ( My odds only :P ) Lakeside 2-1; Coventry 5-2; Swindon 7-2:and Eastbourne 10-1 bar.

Semi-finals: Stars V's Hammers; and Poole V's Bees :t:

• Like 1

Why do you always peddle the same old line,it seems like you dont want us to do well, poole will make the play offs no problem

I think Poole will make the play offs, However this is at present one of the closest at the top it has been in a while. With the exception of King's Lynn who are there, the other 3 places are anybody's.

Lakeside & Eastbourne have home advantage but are really struggling away from home.

Swindon are able to pick up points home & away but inconsistent. Coventry & Poole are strong away but drop silly points at home.

Another big factor (esp for bees) is rider availability as Fast track riders often covered by riders ranked much lower or riders missing due to GP or other leagues.

Edited by mdmc82

Top 4 will be Kings Lynn, Poole, Coventry and Lakeside.

• Like 1

1. Kings Lynn

2. Poole

3. Coventry

4. Swindon

Think Lakeside and Eastbourne will just fall short due to their away form.

Would agree with this. think the fact Eastbourne are against a lot of depleted teams at home makes them look better than they are.

1. Kings Lynn

2. Poole

3. Coventry

4. Swindon

Sure were interesting results last night ?????? of which, gave the winners massive points....

• Like 1

Kings Lynn are obviously favourites and will finish top but I still think that Poole will come strong when required and win the play offs.

Lakeside and Coventry to lose in the semi finals

Will be interesting to see if those four teams have the same riders come the crunch !!!

Kings Lynn are obviously favourites and will finish top but I still think that Poole will come strong when required and win the play offs.

Will be interesting to see if those four teams have the same riders come the crunch !!!

• Like 1

Lynn (obviously), Coventry, Poole and Swindon I think. Lakeside just look too fragile to me and Eastbourne are going to fall just short - that said if they do get that elusive away win, Poole or Swindon could start to panic.

Did you miss last nights results!!!!

For me, obviously 1. Kings Lynn. 2. Lakeside have done enough so far - probably just need to win home matches. 3.Poole - Just cant see them missing out and even if some (pawlicki for one) start to falter you just know MF will make changes to ensure they are strong when it matters.

4. Eastbourne - for a team that has struggled big time away they have earned some away points recently and really should have been taking home more points with them. At present id say they are the favourites for 4th place.

Cov i think will just miss out but its dependent on MJJ turning up and scoring as he should. If he does then they could push the Eagles out due to good away form.

Lynn

Poole

Coventry

Swindon

and I genuinely believe any of them could win it.

• Like 1

If MJJ and Garrity fire then Coventry will be difficult to beat over 2 legs, especially if they replace Howarth with a decent rider.

Coventry beat Lynn over 2 legs no doubt for me.

• Like 1