British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HadrianDog

Newcastle Vs Rye House 27/07 14

Hope I ain't missed a thread here, but if not lets start with this. Just seen on a Sheffield thread that they are without Mr Stead for the duration of the world cup. I guess that means that we have been de-throned also. With the Cookie monster also TeamGB bound, does that leave us facing Eddie Kennett's Rockets under-powered at the top ala early season.

if we are without our No. 1,,, could we not utilise 'Witchie Worrall',,, if he's not too busy ???,,, just a thought :-)

• Like 1

Wasn't King due to get his "proper" average after Sheffield last week?? If so choice of guests will be more limited?

You could pick anyone at random from the crowd and you'd still hammer us. I'll be there to witness the carnage. I'll be surprised if Newcastle don't hit high 50's, even 60, depending on how much damage was inflicted on us the previous evening at Berwick

Anything decent to eat in or around the stadium?

Edited by Shadders

You could pick anyone at random from the crowd and you'd still hammer us. I'll be there to witness the carnage. I'll be surprised if Newcastle don't hit high 50's, even 60, depending on how much damage was inflicted on us the previous evening at Berwick

Maccy Dees up the road (top of Shields Road). There are various shops on Chillingham Road. They sell chips etc., in the main restaurant (don't know what they are like though!).

stadium is run of the mill burgers and chips... Ok but nowt special....

Cheers both. I'll eat at the Metro Centre

Edited by Shadders

Cheers both. I'll eat at the Metro Centre

Good choice, but, as you know, there are some decent eateries on Chilly Road.

Good choice, but, as you know, there are some decent eateries on Chilly Road.

Don't know the area. Only been to Brough Park twice. First time around 2003 I had curry & chips at the stadium. Second time was around 3 years ago when we had a Chinese take away, probably in Chilly Road. I think Derek Sneddon ordered just after us Edited by Shadders

Don't know the area. Only been to Brough Park twice. First time around 2003 I had curry & chips at the stadium. Second time was around 3 years ago when we had a Chinese take away, probably in Chilly Road.

Yep, that's what I remembered. :o Some good chippies on Chilly Road.

do they sell haggis ?? as i'v heard tsunami loves it

Ha Ha. It's all a lie. :D

can fans want'n to go to the 4's next sunday at p/boro come along to the supporters club table at brough park on sunday to book there seat on our special offer 1st come 1st served don't miss out,, lets make all the diamond riders proud of us lets make some noise

• Like 2

Don't know the area. Only been to Brough Park twice. First time around 2003 I had curry & chips at the stadium. Second time was around 3 years ago when we had a Chinese take away, probably in Chilly Road. I think Derek Sneddon ordered just after us

They still do the curry and chips by the way. The fumes do mingle well with methanol vapours in my humble opinion!

Edited by HadrianDog