British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2015

Oh Lordy, here we go again. For the final time :

2014 starting average 9.20.

2014 closing average 7.03.

Does that count as 'a few ups & downs?'. Looks like a 2.17 down to me :rolleyes:

Er, gave 100%, I think not. Wolves needed a 9.00+ number 1, they got a half hearted 'I've took on too much so I'll take the pi$$ out of Wolves as long as my Swedish & Polish teams are happy, rider'.

Ambassador? Now I know you're taking the mickey. If Woffinden wanted to be an ambassador he should have joined the diplomatic corps. Wolves were rather hoping he'd be a 9.00+ number 1. What we got was a totally inadequate 7.03 rider who thought that 'cos I'm a British World Champion I can get away with taking the mickey out of Wolves as long as my Swedish & Polish teams are happy'.

You're absolutely amazed are you? There's no pleasing some people is there?

You're trying to rewrite history. Your only problem is that there's still a few of us who won't forgive, and definitely won't forget.

Yes and here I go for the final time: I will give you the benefit of the doubt - just in case you have half a brain of intelligence to grasp the piont I am trying to make. Yes I know on Tai's high standards he had a below par season for Wolves, I take it as you are a Wolves supportor that you were at the Cleveland Arms and eviening with Tai, he was the first to admit he let Wolves down, but it wasn't for the want of trying, he tried so many different engines to get a set up for Wolverhampton. Yes he had a good year in Sweden and Poland, yes he is Bristish Champ and a excellent year in the gp's. The piont that you can not grasp which I am making, do you understand just how much time and effort the he took on to promote speedway, now you name me any other world champion that has done more for the sport that Tai has done.

Oh Lordy, here we go again. For the final time :

2014 starting average 9.20.

2014 closing average 7.03.

Does that count as 'a few ups & downs?'. Looks like a 2.17 down to me :rolleyes:

Er, gave 100%, I think not. Wolves needed a 9.00+ number 1, they got a half hearted 'I've took on too much so I'll take the pi$$ out of Wolves as long as my Swedish & Polish teams are happy, rider'.

Ambassador? Now I know you're taking the mickey. If Woffinden wanted to be an ambassador he should have joined the diplomatic corps. Wolves were rather hoping he'd be a 9.00+ number 1. What we got was a totally inadequate 7.03 rider who thought that 'cos I'm a British World Champion I can get away with taking the mickey out of Wolves as long as my Swedish & Polish teams are happy'.

You're absolutely amazed are you? There's no pleasing some people is there?

You're trying to rewrite history. Your only problem is that there's still a few of us who won't forgive, and definitely won't forget.

I haven't even gone there regards his stats or riding ability.

A question was put on here by Pirate Oliver about what written by Tai in this weeks S/S.

Well because the article is three pages long,and he waffles on about various things that is wrong with British speedway,then if he didn't want criticism he should have kept the comments to himself.

The best thing to do is for fans to go out and pay £2.90 and make youre own mind up about the rights and wrongs of the story,and see if you agree or disagree with what he said.

A lot of what Wolfsbane said is true.But my comments where only about the article and the merits of it.

• Like 1

Can remember not long ago Scott Nicholls / Hans Andersen / Lee Richardson all spoke similarly about the British League and look what happened Rico never went through with it and Nicholls and Andersen DID go through with it but couldn`t wait to get back in the British League, as HOLDER has done this year . The British Elite League will NEVER run on one specific day whilst ever speedway is run round the Polish League.

Yes and here I go for the final time: I will give you the benefit of the doubt - just in case you have half a brain of intelligence to grasp the piont I am trying to make. Yes I know on Tai's high standards he had a below par season for Wolves, I take it as you are a Wolves supportor that you were at the Cleveland Arms and eviening with Tai, he was the first to admit he let Wolves down, but it wasn't for the want of trying, he tried so many different engines to get a set up for Wolverhampton. Yes he had a good year in Sweden and Poland, yes he is Bristish Champ and a excellent year in the gp's. The piont that you can not grasp which I am making, do you understand just how much time and effort the he took on to promote speedway, now you name me any other world champion that has done more for the sport that Tai has done.

If you're going to insult someone else's intelligence then the insult itself must show intelligence.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 4

The Tai of 2013 was a different person to the one we saw in 2014. He went through his championship season not only performing like a Champion but also acting like one off the track in everything he did. I for one changed a few views on Tai in 2013 as he trained and worked hard all season and with the right crew and family he was a credit to the sport and the club in general.

Watching him be crowned World Champion in Torun was truly remarkable and something I will always remember and seeing Tai during the season close up made me admire him not only as a rider but also as a person and gone was the smugness and attitude that seemed to be there alongside the ego and there was now a true professional in every way.

During the season and as it became clear he could be World Champion, he was always saying he was after a top three finish or not celebrating until its secured. He was also of the thinking this could be the only year he ever challenges for the title again so he gave it everything and once he won it while we were in a group of people during the meeting he said he was going to enjoy the year as Champion and do what he could on a personal basis (probably money) and for the sport by promoting himself as a true Champion.

Some time after winning the World Title Tai was discussing in a group of us how old Tony Rickardsson was when he won his first title and his aim now was to try and beat his joint record of six before he retired. Gone was the "at least I can tell my Grandkids I was once a World Champion" and now he was after the universe.

Set ups in Britain in 2014 we not great and he had a few different mechanics through the season, but from day one it was clear the same person that started the 2013 season were not the same as his heavy work load over the close season and now his hectic fixture schedule were obviously a step too far combined with the training routine he did in his championship year.

Eating correctly, sleeping enough and general condition saw Tai become a shadow of the man he was 12 months prior and while he battled to retain his crown and win the Swedish title with Vetlanda, it was clear his eyes were on those as he chased the gold medals on offer.

It therefore came as no suprise he declined the chance to ride in 2015 although I was shocked that had the offer of 14 meetings out of 28 been on the cards he would have rejected it as it seemed the near perfect solution. He gets to start the season with some meetings and as the season develops the meetings are shared with Piotr Pawlicki (or Peter Karlsson) for example.

As it is, he has his plans for 2015 and is determined to stick to them which is all credit to him. He may think he has made a mistake in the end but I don't think he will but sadly I can't see the job share being offered again and it may be more than a year away for Tai if 2015 goes well for him in the GP's.

I wish him well for the season ahead and fully understand his reasons and would not be suprised to see him step in to Freddie's shoes if required to on a very short term basis ...... but obviously Freddie won't want that as it means he has crashed !!

So 2015 ?

Really thought that Greg Hancock would have been a great signing for the club and British Speedway and while he may be the most expensive rider in the sport (allegedly) I think the crowds at Monmore would have by far paid for that as you would onl;y need an extra 100 through the gates to gain around £1,200 and think there would have been at least 300 Cradley fans there each week to cheer him on 5 times a night ...... while booing in the other 10 races ;)

Lukasz Sowka is 21 now and he is at Rzeszow where Greg has finally signed. As Lukasz is no longer a junior he would be fighting for a team place and they have signed some decent riders. Would he be allowed to come to Britain on his 3.00 average and perform as we thought he could while not under pressure and gain experience here while struggling to find a ride in Poland.

As it is, the signs are looking more and more like PK and Ricky filling the last two places and while I have admired the qualities of Tobiasz Museliak for sometime, he is not of the standard of Piotr Pawlicki and starting him as a heat leader as well as Jacob Thorssell is asking quite a bit from the two youngest members of the team (top five)

As I am struggling to find much decent internet connection (pc - laptop) at the moment I am still hoping that a text message will come through saying Greg or Emil have signed along with Sowka or Ruml ....... but don't think so unfortunatley.

• Like 1

The Tai of 2013 was a different person to the one we saw in 2014. He went through his championship season not only performing like a Champion but also acting like one off the track in everything he did. I for one changed a few views on Tai in 2013 as he trained and worked hard all season and with the right crew and family he was a credit to the sport and the club in general.

Watching him be crowned World Champion in Torun was truly remarkable and something I will always remember and seeing Tai during the season close up made me admire him not only as a rider but also as a person and gone was the smugness and attitude that seemed to be there alongside the ego and there was now a true professional in every way.

During the season and as it became clear he could be World Champion, he was always saying he was after a top three finish or not celebrating until its secured. He was also of the thinking this could be the only year he ever challenges for the title again so he gave it everything and once he won it while we were in a group of people during the meeting he said he was going to enjoy the year as Champion and do what he could on a personal basis (probably money) and for the sport by promoting himself as a true Champion.

Some time after winning the World Title Tai was discussing in a group of us how old Tony Rickardsson was when he won his first title and his aim now was to try and beat his joint record of six before he retired. Gone was the "at least I can tell my Grandkids I was once a World Champion" and now he was after the universe.

Set ups in Britain in 2014 we not great and he had a few different mechanics through the season, but from day one it was clear the same person that started the 2013 season were not the same as his heavy work load over the close season and now his hectic fixture schedule were obviously a step too far combined with the training routine he did in his championship year.

Eating correctly, sleeping enough and general condition saw Tai become a shadow of the man he was 12 months prior and while he battled to retain his crown and win the Swedish title with Vetlanda, it was clear his eyes were on those as he chased the gold medals on offer.

It therefore came as no suprise he declined the chance to ride in 2015 although I was shocked that had the offer of 14 meetings out of 28 been on the cards he would have rejected it as it seemed the near perfect solution. He gets to start the season with some meetings and as the season develops the meetings are shared with Piotr Pawlicki (or Peter Karlsson) for example.

As it is, he has his plans for 2015 and is determined to stick to them which is all credit to him. He may think he has made a mistake in the end but I don't think he will but sadly I can't see the job share being offered again and it may be more than a year away for Tai if 2015 goes well for him in the GP's.

I wish him well for the season ahead and fully understand his reasons and would not be suprised to see him step in to Freddie's shoes if required to on a very short term basis ...... but obviously Freddie won't want that as it means he has crashed !!

So 2015 ?

Really thought that Greg Hancock would have been a great signing for the club and British Speedway and while he may be the most expensive rider in the sport (allegedly) I think the crowds at Monmore would have by far paid for that as you would onl;y need an extra 100 through the gates to gain around £1,200 and think there would have been at least 300 Cradley fans there each week to cheer him on 5 times a night ...... while booing in the other 10 races ;)

Lukasz Sowka is 21 now and he is at Rzeszow where Greg has finally signed. As Lukasz is no longer a junior he would be fighting for a team place and they have signed some decent riders. Would he be allowed to come to Britain on his 3.00 average and perform as we thought he could while not under pressure and gain experience here while struggling to find a ride in Poland.

As it is, the signs are looking more and more like PK and Ricky filling the last two places and while I have admired the qualities of Tobiasz Museliak for sometime, he is not of the standard of Piotr Pawlicki and starting him as a heat leader as well as Jacob Thorssell is asking quite a bit from the two youngest members of the team (top five)

As I am struggling to find much decent internet connection (pc - laptop) at the moment I am still hoping that a text message will come through saying Greg or Emil have signed along with Sowka or Ruml ....... but don't think so unfortunatley.

Very good post

• Like 1

Don't know how far down the line we are to filling our last two places,but just an idea *

THJ and PK.

But there a number of factors about signing THJ.

*Would he come in on his last average of 5.65(think that's the figure).

*Would he be required at Poole.

*Would he fancy a full season in the EL.

*Would he fancy a Monday track night.

Think perhaps CVS and Adams were hoping maybe for a reduction in Freddies starting average.

He will be the top averaged rider in the league next season,and although glad to see him back,could struggle to maintain his near 9 point average.

Don't have much to play with now Tai and Pawlicki have turned down the chance to ride,so maybe THJ will fancy joining his fellow Swedes at Monmore and giving us a fairly solid looking line-up.

Can't see THJ being interested in a full EL season now that he's in the GPs, no matter which team is interested. He certainly was interested at the beginning of 2014 but MF chose to take a different route.

THJ also has a young family now so won't want to be away from them for longer than necessary.

Don't know how far down the line we are to filling our last two places,but just an idea *

THJ and PK.

Think perhaps CVS and Adams were hoping maybe for a reduction in Freddies starting average. He will be the top averaged rider in the league next season,and although glad to see him back,could struggle to maintain his near 9 point average.

THJ would have signed up for Poole already had he been interested in a full season in Britain but he is now full time in the GP's, rides on a Tuesday (and Thursday) in Sweden and has just signed a big deal to ride at Leszno in Poland on a Sunday along with Pedersen, Sayfutdinov, Musielak and the Pawlicki brothers so Britain does not interest him one bit.

Is PK racing in the EL this season ,I hope he is to show that last season he was not at his best and prove he still has it .

It seems one of PK's big problems has been the new silencers used in 2014 and he failed to get a set up that suited him right. There have been talks during the winter that may allow riders to revert back to the old silencer and if that happens, PK on 6.12 would be a bargain but on the 2014 silencer it looks a gamble.

He made it clear he has no intentions of retiring for a few years yet and still loves racing so if he gets the chance he would sign and while Lakeside suited him perfectly being near to Stanstead, Monmore Green is like a second home to him and he would jump at the chance to return and alongside Jacob and Freddie he would be the ideal captain ....... if he can still score points ?

Joonas Kylmakorpi 6.33 seems to be one rider that could be signed and is very good friends with Freddie and looking at the options, signing him to ride at #5 would at least mean Jacob Thorssell doesn't start as a heat leader and has at times shown a liking for WV2 in past seasons.

Maybe not the ideal signing and would leave enough for Ricky Wells (not PK) but options appear to be getting short and this could be as close to a heat leader as we are likely to get available now !!! Personally I would like to have seen Grzegorz Zengota 6.16 as a possible signing and with PK would have been solid second strings had we been forced down the path of signing two six point riders for the 12.31 remaining.

Greg Hancock 8.54 has signed up in Poland now so he looks unlikely which is a shame as along with Lukasz Sowka 3.00 they could have travelled from Polish meetings together as they are both at Rzsezow and Lukasz appears to be unlikely to get a fixed place in their team now he is no longer a reserve and under twenty one.

Adrian Meidzinski 8.24 has apparantley shown interest in riding over here in 2015 and has done well at Monmore Green in the past. He is virtually the same age as Freddie (a month older) so at 29 he has experience. Would he want a Monday track ?

One other option which wouldn't be my choice as I feel he is over rated by many is Martin Smolinski 7.54 who missed 2014 to concentrate on the GP's and now he is not in it for 2015 he could be a signing that may prove to be solid and consistant in backing up Freddie and of course that would allow us to get Lasse Bjerre 4.66 as the last signing.

So who would be the best combination ?

Miedzinski and A 4.00 (Eduard Krcmar)

Smolinski and Bjerre

Kylmakorpi and Wells

Zengota and PK

THJ would have signed up for Poole already had he been interested in a full season in Britain but he is now full time in the GP's, rides on a Tuesday (and Thursday) in Sweden and has just signed a big deal to ride at Leszno in Poland on a Sunday along with Pedersen, Sayfutdinov, Musielak and the Pawlicki brothers so Britain does not interest him one bit.

It seems one of PK's big problems has been the new silencers used in 2014 and he failed to get a set up that suited him right. There have been talks during the winter that may allow riders to revert back to the old silencer and if that happens, PK on 6.12 would be a bargain but on the 2014 silencer it looks a gamble.

He made it clear he has no intentions of retiring for a few years yet and still loves racing so if he gets the chance he would sign and while Lakeside suited him perfectly being near to Stanstead, Monmore Green is like a second home to him and he would jump at the chance to return and alongside Jacob and Freddie he would be the ideal captain ....... if he can still score points ?

Joonas Kylmakorpi 6.33 seems to be one rider that could be signed and is very good friends with Freddie and looking at the options, signing him to ride at #5 would at least mean Jacob Thorssell doesn't start as a heat leader and has at times shown a liking for WV2 in past seasons.

Maybe not the ideal signing and would leave enough for Ricky Wells (not PK) but options appear to be getting short and this could be as close to a heat leader as we are likely to get available now !!! Personally I would like to have seen Grzegorz Zengota 6.16 as a possible signing and with PK would have been solid second strings had we been forced down the path of signing two six point riders for the 12.31 remaining.

Greg Hancock 8.54 has signed up in Poland now so he looks unlikely which is a shame as along with Lukasz Sowka 3.00 they could have travelled from Polish meetings together as they are both at Rzsezow and Lukasz appears to be unlikely to get a fixed place in their team now he is no longer a reserve and under twenty one.

Adrian Meidzinski 8.24 has apparantley shown interest in riding over here in 2015 and has done well at Monmore Green in the past. He is virtually the same age as Freddie (a month older) so at 29 he has experience. Would he want a Monday track ?

One other option which wouldn't be my choice as I feel he is over rated by many is Martin Smolinski 7.54 who missed 2014 to concentrate on the GP's and now he is not in it for 2015 he could be a signing that may prove to be solid and consistant in backing up Freddie and of course that would allow us to get Lasse Bjerre 4.66 as the last signing.

So who would be the best combination ?

Miedzinski and A 4.00 (Eduard Krcmar)

Smolinski and Bjerre

Kylmakorpi and Wells

Zengota and PK

Take your point about THJ being a no-no.

Krcmar on 4.00,Where did you get that one from.

I would say more likely to be 6 from what ive seen of him.

Not over keen on Kylmakorpi,and I feel Wells has found his level in the Premier league.

Compared with the side that Belle Vue have put together,things not looking to bright for us in the traditional early season encounters.

Take your point about THJ being a no-no.

Krcmar on 4.00,Where did you get that one from.

I would say more likely to be 6 from what ive seen of him.

Not over keen on Kylmakorpi,and I feel Wells has found his level in the Premier league.

Compared with the side that Belle Vue have put together,things not looking to bright for us in the traditional early season encounters.

Eduard Krcmar 4.00 is a guess but as he is only 18 and mainly ridden in Polish Div 2 for one season, Czech Republic and Germany since starting it is hard to see him being anything more than a 4.00 as the odd one good showing doesn't alter the fact he hasn't really been tested yet in Sweden, Poland or here

Kylmakorpi is up and down for me and he wouldn't be my ideal signing but with what is left, he seems as likely as anyone if its not PK and Wells which look the most likely leaving Tobiasz and Jacob as heat leaders to start the season.

BELLE VUE; Must admit they look as good as anyone so far with Zagar and Cook able to increase their averages while Fricke looks a bargain and at least a point on his average too. They do somehow though always seem to drift away even when they get a strong looking team on paper they let themselves down on the track.

NO new assessed rider should come in on less than 5 IMO.

After all Palm Toft managed 5.20 last year.

If they are not good enough for 5 with the current format then they arent good enough to be in at all.

He also says that Britain has got it wrong riding several nights a week,and they should follow the path that Poland,Sweden and Denmark have taken.

Sorry,but that was never ever going to be an option with most promoters not owning their own track.

If we all went along with the views that Tai has taken,there would be no Elite League for us to go and watch.

Hes done himself no favours with some of the comments that he has written,and probably lost a few fans in the process.

Rubbish, he is talking complete sense.

Once again its the simple fact of British speedway, stuck in the past, head in the sands. British Speedway is the one losing fans, not Tai Woffinden.

• Like 1