British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2015

I don't think we will know till most of the other teams are sorted plus the visa thing has probably not helped as some teams will have to change if they carnt get them sorted cvs knows who he wants but I don't think its up to him at the minute

Interesting to see the guidlines towards riders getting visa's and some of the rules that have not been followed by the clubs. One is something that Ihave claimed for years should be enforced on all foreign riders which is returning on an average below their original assessed average. For example, Ricky Wells should not have had a 3.00 British average after first coming to the country on a 4.00 assessed average.

I know in recent times there has been an agreement that American riders like Tyson Burmeister have come over on 3.00 averages but guidlines that should be met would mean non EU riders would have to come in on an assessed average (possibly 5-6 points in the EL and 7-8 in the PL) and they can only return the following season on at least that figure.

This would be a kick in the nether regions for Australian riders who in recent times have sent young riders over to fill reserve berths in Premier League teams and return year after year even if they have not reached that level. It will be interesting to see if the Australian riders that have already signed up but awaiting new visas with low averages like Cameron Heeps, Ryan Douglas, Taylor Poole, Arthur Sissis etc that have averages below 7.00 are still allowed to start on the lower figures.

I would like to see that apply to ALL foreign riders meaning ALL PL reserves are British and also most second strings

I agree with the principle of your last line - it is something I have advocated myself.

With regard to the riders you mention above though Sissis is on a Greek passport and doesnt need a visa and Heeps has a British residency agreement and so also is not requiring a visa.

I agree with the principle of your last line - it is something I have advocated myself.

I also agree with the British reserves idea, but "most second strings" as well might be pushing it.

• Like 1

I also agree with the British reserves idea, but "most second strings" as well might be pushing it.

That would be in the Premier League as most foreign riders in the PL would be on at least 7.00

Yes it may mean the Premier League gets weaker, but I firmly believe riders like Barker, Cook, Gracjzoneck etc should be full time Elite League and that goes for any rider that has an Elite League average over six ...... possibly in the last two seasons to stop riders dropping to 5.95 on purpose.

Riders like James Sarjeant, Lewis Rose etc are capable of being second strings in the PL and this would give more reserve places to the less experienced ones.

I agree that all foreign riders should come in higher averages and maintain them might stop some of them coming here using us as a training and then not bothering again and the PL should only use British lads to fill the reserves spots if the EL can then they can I do feel sorry for the Aussies they have been quite loyal to British Speedway.

Only because they had little other option. It's unlikely that anyone could make a living just riding in Australia and it's also unlikely that any other countries would allow them in when in many cases they have a lot to learn and they haven't got the historical ties. The big stars are the exception of course. The Premier league as the intermediate level, should have a better plan for the development and promotion of British riders, the Elite league has shown the way and it will pay-off in coming seasons as some draft riders are already showing signs of being future stars.

• Like 1

Only because they had little other option. It's unlikely that anyone could make a living just riding in Australia and it's also unlikely that any other countries would allow them in when in many cases they have a lot to learn and they haven't got the historical ties. The big stars are the exception of course. The Premier league as the intermediate level, should have a better plan for the development and promotion of British riders, the Elite league has shown the way and it will pay-off in coming seasons as some draft riders are already showing signs of being future stars.

Riders that have visa problems riding here do not have the same issues riding elsewhere so deals in Poland, Sweden etc probably wont be affected but they would have to base themselves out there rather than in Britain.

Some sort of agreement that Britain are out of and the other countries are in ..... or the other way around ? ? ?

Is Jason Garrity an asset of Rye House.......if yes would he be a good asset signing for the Wolves as he has been made available

I know he is at Coventry this season so we couldnt use him

• Like 1

Garrity is a Rye House asset and now won't miss a meeting for Coventry but I doubt Wolverhampton will be in for him

Is Jason Garrity an asset of Rye House.......if yes would he be a good asset signing for the Wolves as he has been made available

I know he is at Coventry this season so we couldnt use him

Coventry must be paying him well over the agreed Fast Track rates if he can afford not to double up anywhere!!!? :D

• Like 3

Coventry must be paying him well over the agreed Fast Track rates if he can afford not to double up anywhere!!!? :D

That's what I was wondering. He must have something else in the pipeline.

• Like 2

I've read that payments have increased? Sponsorship at Coventry is usually pretty good aswell. Maybe eyeing up a ride abroad like a few other Brits?

He has commented how well he now is set up with sponsors. Had a lot of support from coventry.

Good on him if he's only doing EL in this country. More need to cut the PL umbilical if they're ever going to be make the grade.

• Like 2