British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2015

Seriuously, who would you Wolves fans get rid of ? As an outsider I can't see that it is a question of a single rider that would make a difference , more a matter of the balance of the side and the inconsistency of most of them . I would have thought a re-declaration with several changes would be needed but no way you would get replacements at this stage of the continental season. I guess if someone had to go I'd say maybe Proctor but I doubt that would change things much.

I'd be interested in what you guys think. I always regard Wolves as one of the sides with a bit of sparkle about them, but they all look a bit stale to me this year.

Seriuously, who would you Wolves fans get rid of ? As an outsider I can't see that it is a question of a single rider that would make a difference , more a matter of the balance of the side and the inconsistency of most of them . I would have thought a re-declaration with several changes would be needed but no way you would get replacements at this stage of the continental season. I guess if someone had to go I'd say maybe Proctor but I doubt that would change things much.

I'd be interested in what you guys think. I always regard Wolves as one of the sides with a bit of sparkle about them, but they all look a bit stale to me this year.

Already said it.

PK and Oliver Berntzon for Ricky and Ty - NOW :t:

• Like 1

They were. Them 3 as heat leaders exemplify how far EL team strengths have been diluted.

Quite agree

is there any other race night Wolverhampton can go to, or is it Monday or nothing... ?

Genuine question because if we were to go to standard race nights for all Elite League, Monday would definately not be on the list in my eyes..

Poland - Sunday

Sweden - Tuesday

UK - Wednesday/Thursday

i know Denmark ride on Wednesday's but not many top boys ride over there.... and even the top Danes don't ride in all of their fixtures..

IF ...... If there is an Elite League next season with GP riders and 8+ riders in it then it has to be Monday or nothing as thats the only night SKY are interested in and without their money you are looking at one big Premier League.

Yes Tai has had a poor season overall and Ty Proctor too but the main problem has been that the team never had the right balance from the start and not having a third heat leader has been a big problem, especially away from home.

Tai was an obvious #1 and Jacob Thorssell had to be in from the start. That meant 13.81 was used and with Piotr Pawlicki signed up it would have left 11.19 for the last two had they been the first three to sign and for me missing out on Scott Nicholls was sadly the missing link and with a new 4.00 rider like Vaclav Milik or Oliver Bernzton would have been a strong line up.

Even PK and a 3.00 rider would have been a good option to ensure you had numbers 1,3 and 5 sorted out with three big scorers like Kings Lynn and Poole who I think will be the eventual winners. Both not only have three food heat leaders but both also had second strings on modest averages like Lambert and Milik while Kings Lynn have benefitted a lot from their reserves.

So as for next season, it's hard to see what the best line up or balance will be as the race format will almost certainly change and I think it may change to just one draft rider but at least if possible we will have Tai on a sub 8 average and PK on a sub 7 average along with Pawlicki as the top dog in averages.

However there could be big changes and personally feel to get a strong top three like that the EL would have to move to meetings just on a Monday to please the riders and Sky and Jacob again has to be signed up straight away. This is hard on Ricky who has done more than what has been required and a final 6+ average will show rhat

If things don't change I can not see woffinden riding in the so called EL next season .

He said in last weeks Speedway Star he and several others wont be if things don't change.

WAKE UP PROMOTERS

• Like 1

I wonder how many of those calling for racing on one/two nights to attract back the GP riders feel sufficiently confident it will increase crowds to cover the cost. Would they remortgage their own homes to do it because that is the sort of risk they are expecting the promoters to take.

We are all concerned about falling crowds at some tracks and the general state of the sport. However, it has to be realised that if it were done and the crowds didn't flock back it could result in the demise of a lot of clubs.

• Like 1

I wonder how many of those calling for racing on one/two nights to attract back the GP riders feel sufficiently confident it will increase crowds to cover the cost. Would they remortgage their own homes to do it because that is the sort of risk they are expecting the promoters to take.

We are all concerned about falling crowds at some tracks and the general state of the sport. However, it has to be realised that if it were done and the crowds didn't flock back it could result in the demise of a lot of clubs.

And do nothing and tracks will still close down and crowds fall further.

All the people on here asking for one race night have to realise the infrastructure of the league makes in not viable for a lot of promotions.

It will never happen. It wont neccessarily bring the top boys back or immediatly cause a flood of fans back to the terraces.

Squad system is what needs to happen

And do nothing and tracks will still close down and crowds fall further.

Who said do nothing, there are other options already mentioned on various threads.

Squads, not really viable if we are talking about GP riders because of the cost but teams consisting only of riders prepared to commit to the UK, action to reduce costs for promoters, riders and fans and an emphasis on producing and nurturing home grown talent.

Possibly, a new combined British League, as in 1965. Team strengths were lowered for the then first division sides and riders allocated to strengthen the second division sides. I know we had most of the world's best riders then but new heroes quickly developed from the second division like Ivan Mauger and Ivor Brown. The concept of seeing clubs not seen before and the chance of only seeing a visiting No.1 once a season resulted in the one of the most successful period in speedway's history.

• Like 2

As opposed to continue along as we are now and guess what.. we're witnessing the demise of clubs.

Just changing to one/two nights alone won't fix anything. The whole thing has to be repackaged/branded, cleverly promoted and importantly a show put on when matches are staged. I don't personally believe the current promoters, bar perhaps one or two have the ability to do that.

• Like 3

As opposed to continue along as we are now and guess what.. we're witnessing the demise of clubs.

Just changing to one/two nights alone won't fix anything. The whole thing has to be repackaged/branded, cleverly promoted and importantly a show put on when matches are staged. I don't personally believe the current promoters, bar perhaps one or two have the ability to do that.

I have already explained it is not a question of doing nothing but I agree with your second paragraph.

Who said do nothing, there are other options already mentioned on various threads.

Squads, not really viable if we are talking about GP riders because of the cost but teams consisting only of riders prepared to commit to the UK, action to reduce costs for promoters, riders and fans and an emphasis on producing and nurturing home grown talent.

Possibly, a new combined British League, as in 1965. Team strengths were lowered for the then first division sides and riders allocated to strengthen the second division sides. I know we had most of the world's best riders then but new heroes quickly developed from the second division like Ivan Mauger and Ivor Brown. The concept of seeing clubs not seen before and the chance of only seeing a visiting No.1 once a season resulted in the one of the most successful period in speedway's history.

My point is aimed really at the promotions!

We all know they will make decisions to suit the short term.

That`s why long term plans never get discussed or actioned upon.

• Like 1

One race night is not all about bringing back the best riders one of the main reason would be to make sure teams had full sides one of the moans of most fans .

• Like 2