British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 1 King's Lynn 26/07/14

On the USA situation they didn't have an option but to put young Ruml in.Fisherman's was going to ride until he got injured.

Aaron Fox?

Lewis Bridger has just tweeted that he had to pay to be at KL last night. Begs the question -why?

There seemed to be dozens of non riding and non working "personalities" in the pits last night. Did the likes of Ermolenko and Louis pay? Bridger is a Team GB squad member, maybe if he had to pay it explains why there was little or no evidence of any of the other squad members in evidence. I doubt I'd pay if I were one of them.

Well done to Bridger at least he was there to support Team GB.

Perhaps TeamGB had run out of pit passes that they had been given by the promoters??

I think that anyone picking holes in the track prep for last night need to understand it is virtually impossible to prepare a perfect track for passing and exciting racing when the powers that be insist on practice the same day as the meeting .Iv,e had the same problem as Buster Chapman during different meetings at Brandon over a 12 yr period .There should be a free Friday from league racing before world team cup to enable the trackman from whatever staging track to relay track after Friday practice so you can produce the best race surface possible. B.S.P.A. take note try to give trackmen some credit and time to do what is an art ..

Do away with practice!!

I only wonder why they didnt use Aaron Fox as he is a permanent rider in the premier league for Ipswich. Would of been cheaper than flying in Max Ruml from the States. But the boy did a good job! I dont think Fox would of done better.

from a limited view of Ruml via Youtube and a few laps in the flesh at Foxhall last week I can see why he was selected.

Looks very stylish and with the right support he could really kick on.

Blessing that Middlo quit.

Never really been for British riders, only have to look at his Poole teams over the years.

Well done to Rosco and his team. Great team effort with all of the team scoring double points.

Why shouldn't Bridger pay? If he is not involved in the team or part of a pit crew then tough. He had no involvement in the meeting whatsoever.

• Like 2

Darcy is a brat and I hope he never wins the individual World title. His attitude was inexcusable last night. Twitter was absolutely hilarious last night too. Poole fans supporting Australia, Poole fans defending Ward, Poole fans banging their stupid PiratePride, PiratesForLife etc hashtag drum :rofl:

It really p!$$es me off in speedway when joker Brits support other national teams. It's not about the individuals, it's about National pride for our Nation. Woffinden gets battered and called an "Aussie" yet we have our own supporting other Nations, very sad.

Agree with Blacksmith too, it is Great Britian, not England.

The racing wasn't great last night by any stretch, but the atmosphere really did make up for the poor racing. So wish tracks up and down the country could replicate it and see it week in week out

Racing wasnt great ? I must have made the 400 mille trip last night & watched the wrong meeting last night!!!!

• Like 2

I think that anyone picking holes in the track prep for last night need to understand it is virtually impossible to prepare a perfect track for passing and exciting racing when the powers that be insist on practice the same day as the meeting .Iv,e had the same problem as Buster Chapman during different meetings at Brandon over a 12 yr period .There should be a free Friday from league racing before world team cup to enable the trackman from whatever staging track to relay track after Friday practice so you can produce the best race surface possible. B.S.P.A. take note try to give trackmen some credit and time to do what is an art ..

NOTHING wrong with the track in my opinion. Poor racing doesn't necessarily equate with poor track. Great disparity in the standard of riders on this occasion. Practice certainly doesn't help but Buster Chapman and his team, with some heavyweight machinery, ripped up the track and completely relaid it between 2 and 6pm.

No doubt had Lewis Bridger followed the right procedure he would have been afforded a ticket.

• Like 3

Im still confused over some fans reaction to the track.

In most races there were only really 2 riders that could win it unless Greg was racing . Gino mixed it a bit as well as Covatti.

So when you have only 2 riders what are people expecting them to do pass and repass??

Did nobody see Harris come from last to first and Covatti pass in his last ride.?

As i said get 4 evenly balanced teams on the track and have a race of Tai, Holder, Pedersen and Kasprzak then moan about the track. A race of Tai, Woodward, Ruml and Castagna is hardly going to set the world alight!!

Those people moaning we were lucky get a grip!! The Aussies missed Holder granted but everything else can happen in speedway! Ward had a poor night that happens its not lucky!

The second best rider team gb has in Nicholls isnt even racing so it evens up and we were DESERVED winners not lucky

hahahahahahhaahhahahah

prize twit shows his face again.

No Holder = No Nicholls

Ward isnt half fit you prat. fit enough in the gp's he was garbage last night and spat his dummy like a petulant brat.

Woodward wasnt out of his depth. better than all the italians and the yanks except Greg and on his day is as good as Stead and King.

Batchelor although a bit of a tool at times is a top quality rider and is good at Lynn.

When was the last time we made a final?

You are a pathetic sad individual your lack of knowledge is disturbing.

Do us all a favour and stop your ridiculous trolling outbursts.

The thing is i will probably get a ban for calling you a prat yet the mods do nothing about you and your trolling.

Agree totally with all your comments Gavan, I made the 400 mille round trip & thought it was a excellent metting

As somebody else said, Rosco got lucky, Darcy was way off colour and it was a weak Aussie side. look at the riders Neil had, and for that matter Rob Lyon had against them in the period they were managers, and look how much Tai has improved since? If we finish best runners up,as we did in 04 then, i will give Rosco credit, and say well done to him in 2 weeks time at poole. Its a very cheap shot from mainly Swindon fans having a poke at Neil, funny that...Lets see how brave you are when you come to Wimborne rd a week wednesday!!

And by the way Gavan, Darcy is NOT a brat, you fancy a camera poked in your face after a decision like that? Even Wells saw the "RED" light and stopped. On that subject, if somebody is doing this deliberately then they are so stupid its untrue, and if they are caught then they should be thrown out and banned from speedway for a good period of time, with there mugshot distributed around every track in the country...

Oh is it luck then someone has a bad meeting??? Tai has been awful for Wolves this year so does that mean everyone who rides Wolves are 'lucky'

The riders Neil had????? Exactly the same ones apart from Stead who was injured so that holds no weight.

Your statement only give him credit if he finishes 2nd is quite pathetic! we dont have the quality to come 2nd so what a daft statement.

Fcae facts that Rosco has done FAR BETTER then Middlo did last year or are you beyond admitting you were wrong. Its nor swindon fans its all fans

Oh and for the record Darcy is still a petulant brat needs to grow up take a leaf out of Holders and Tai's books even Crumpys for that matter.

Its quite funny reading your post when you are so far wife of the mark with all you write!

What is funny is so called Brits on twiiter supporting Australia and supporting Darcy.....................oh hang on Poole fans as normal!!

Cant believe them to be honest.

Im an Ipswich fan but i wanted Gino to be 2nd every race behind the Brit. When he was in front of a brit i wanted him to be passed. Club does not come in to it when supporting your country unless you are one of the clan from the south coast!!

Piratepride lol effing ridiculous

• Like 8

Well at least Darcy now knows like the rest of us when the red light comes on he needs to have fuel in his bike!!!!! simples,make sure you have enough fuel and you wont see any red light!s!!! ;)

• Like 1

Pretty disgusting that on such a hot day that they stopped people bringing their own food and drink into the stadium. When we got in the stadium they were announcing over the pa system that as it is such a hot day make sure you drink plenty of fluids to keep you hydrated, and if you spot people in distress call the first aid people immediately. They wouldn't have a problem if they let people bring in their own drinks. What if people haven't got the money to buy more drinks, you are putting people in danger. Just another money making scheme which isn't a good one.

• Like 3

Ladies and gentleman please go on the last page of the thread of 'Middlo Quits'

It is very very comical with all of Starmans comments listed it makes for great reading.

Things like 'nobody can do better not even Rosco lol@

Honestly please read.

F/blue and woz - pleased you encountered no problems but reading Bigballs post you must surely realise how lucky you were. Having travelled that road for many years I know when I am prepared to use it or not. As I live not far away I would not even leave home until 1 hour max. prior to a Lynn meeting and at that time I was enjoying a family Bar B Q with a couple of glasses of nicely chilled wine prior to sitting in my comfy armchair to view the meeting and having done so I definitely made the correct decision for me. The racing wasn't very exciting although GB did very well and I was pleased but it was always going to be between them and the Aussies going to the final and the other plus USA to the race-off.

The racing wasnt the best but the atmosphere was terrific but you had to be there to appreciate that maybe there were issues earlier in the day but I expect without roadworks the traffic would be very heavy on a saturday during the summer as alot of people would go that way on their way to the coast but as the meeting was in the evening it was always likely to not be as bad by then.

Middlo may not be flavour of the month for you gavan but he can stay as poole manager for as long as he likes and I dont care how many bad meetings darcy has for australia either. I am sure middlo was the first to congratulate his great friend rosco on his achievement.

Rosco got lucky with aussie exclusions and breakdown and all the gb team rode at their best.

Pretty disgusting that on such a hot day that they stopped people bringing their own food and drink into the stadium. When we got in the stadium they were announcing over the pa system that as it is such a hot day make sure you drink plenty of fluids to keep you hydrated, and if you spot people in distress call the first aid people immediately. They wouldn't have a problem if they let people bring in their own drinks. What if people haven't got the money to buy more drinks, you are putting people in danger. Just another money making scheme which isn't a good one.

Blame the promoters!!!

Oh is it luck then someone has a bad meeting??? Tai has been awful for Wolves this year so does that mean everyone who rides Wolves are 'lucky'

The riders Neil had????? Exactly the same ones apart from Stead who was injured so that holds no weight.

Your statement only give him credit if he finishes 2nd is quite pathetic! we dont have the quality to come 2nd so what a daft statement.

Fcae facts that Rosco has done FAR BETTER then Middlo did last year or are you beyond admitting you were wrong. Its nor swindon fans its all fans

Oh and for the record Darcy is still a petulant brat needs to grow up take a leaf out of Holders and Tai's books even Crumpys for that matter.

Its quite funny reading your post when you are so far wife of the mark with all you write!What is funny is so called Brits on twiiter supporting Australia and supporting Darcy.....................oh hang on Poole fans as normal!!

Cant believe them to be honest.

Im an Ipswich fan but i wanted Gino to be 2nd every race behind the Brit. When he was in front of a brit i wanted him to be passed. Club does not come in to it when supporting your country unless you are one of the clan from the south coast!!

Piratepride lol effing ridiculous

I dunno if they were supporting GB or Aus but I can totally understand their defence of Darcy, there are some mean Brit bas****s out there ..... as there are Aus bas****s lol
  • Like 2