British Speedway Forum
Lioness

Rules Question On Injuries And Replacements

How DO they expect us Punters to understand the Rules when, it seems clear to me, that on occasions the Officials don't either?

Is this not just an indication that, confusion about the Rules and Regulations are, at least, part of the reason for Speedway's continuing drop in popularity?

THAT and some of the more stupid Rules as well of course.

I'd say that rule is pretty clear (no-one has argued with me, anyway) and given that I found it within 10 minutes of Lioness' post pretty accessible too.

If someone has got that wrong its not confusion, its incompetence.

I'd say that rule is pretty clear (no-one has argued with me, anyway) and given that I found it within 10 minutes of Lioness' post pretty accessible too.

If someone has got that wrong its not confusion, its incompetence.

You are right HT - BUT - surely the Officials should know what the Rules are. If they are incompetent they should be sacked.

You also do not need, as a Spectator of a Sport to be constantly checking the Rule Book. You want to go and enjoy yourself - you do NOT want to be consulting a Rule/ Regulation Book.

PS: That's TEN MINUTES of your life you'll never get back. ;):)

I was shocked to find out that a rider was only signed off for 7 days for concussion. I am still trying to figure out why Stoke's James McBain was signed off for an automatic 28 days when he suffered concussion and yet in the PL riders can come back after 7 days. I think I've used the wooden spoon enough tonight already though!

Christian Henry has been 'stood down' (to use a horse racing term) for a minimum of 28 days, so, I'm guessing, it depends on the severity of the concussion?

Even more strange is if a rider is riding in another country and consequently misses a match for his British club, he is not classed as withholding his services and his home club can only use a National League rider to replace him. A rule obviously designed to bring the crowds back to speedway. :mad:

I think that rule is to try and encourage teams to pick Brits ahead of foreigners. If you are a Brit riding in an FIM event a facility has always been allowed.

Edited by Steve Park